Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

Just now, Adster said:

I am going down tonight to sign the book and lay down a shirt. Can we still lay flowers/shirts, anyone know? 

I did earlier but they’re running out of space unless they open up a new area.

The four large areas already there seemed pretty much overflowing to me. Just gotta find a bit of spare pavement if you can mate 

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

Nice idea but it’s getting abit much like we’re some kind of charity maybe a rip Vichai T-shirt would be better suited

Whilst I fully appreciate the thought and sign of respect, this feels a bit gimmicky and almost as if Notts are trying to win the ‘who can show the most sympathy award’. A minutes silence has and always will be the ultimate mark of respect and remembrance. 

Although not a huge gesture. My Saturday football team has match sponsors each game (local businesses etc) to raise much needed money for the club.

This week I’ve sponsored it in memory of the 5 people who lost their lives last Saturday. It’s only a tiny thing but I haven’t been able to get down to the KP so it’s my way of saying goodbye and thank you to Vichai. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, WoodyFox said:

Whilst I fully appreciate the thought and sign of respect, this feels a bit gimmicky and almost as if Notts are trying to win the ‘who can show the most sympathy award’. A minutes silence has and always will be the ultimate mark of respect and remembrance. 

Na. It's just that people feel compelled to make a gesture. The whole football world has been oddly upset by it - because of the win, the romance, the sense of connection, who knows? - and I think people just want to feel that connection whether you're a fan or running a club. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

My son and I went yesterday Adster and it was fine. Quite moving and photographs don't give a true scale of things. I'm pleased we went.

Yeah same. I'm pleased I went. It's hard to believe that this time last week everything was normal.....