Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has died at the age of 60

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The Chairman of the local football team down here in Bucks that my lad plays for has asked me if I'll lead a one minute silence before all the games kick off on Saturday morning.

Told him I'd be honored too but to also expect I'll probably burst into tears :cry:

You'll be fine mate. 

Have you been up to Leicester this week? Or planning to come up?

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

You'll be fine mate. 

Have you been up to Leicester this week? Or planning to come up?

I was hoping to come up yesterday mate but fvckin work got in the way.

I'm working until midday tomorrow but then I'll get in the car and head up.

Got my flag and scarf ready to add to the shrine...:(

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I was hoping to come up yesterday mate but fvckin work got in the way.

I'm working until midday tomorrow but then I'll get in the car and head up.

Got my flag and scarf ready to add to the shrine...:(

yeah same, I'm hoping to get there tomorrow, but probably won't be there until around 5. If you're likely to be there around that time mate, give me a shout; I probably owe you a drink (coffee, obvs)

• Like 1

Decided to watch the Sky coverage of the Everton game when we lifted the trophy. Very poignant that the camera goes to Vichai just after Andrea Bocelli finishes ‘Nessun Dorma’, then again less than a minute before Andy King scores the second. Martin Tyler’s words sound particularly apt: ‘From Thailand to dreamland.’ Very true. Thanks Vichai.

• Like 4

Many thanks to everyone for their thoughts on this page.

I've been in bits all week , and every time I'm nearly over it, another picture or gesture from different fans sets me off again.

I was there when Vichai took over and I was there last Saturday, like many on here.

Some disappointments but some incredible highs.

I can't thank him enough for making me so proud of the club I love.

RIP ???

• Like 1

King Power and Leicester FC boss Vichai gets royal rites 

His Majesty the King has provided funeral water and bestowed an octagonal funerary urn for a royally sponsored funeral rite for King Power International Group chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who died in a helicopter crash last Saturday, according to the company.

The royally sponsored bathing rite will take place at Wat Debsirindrawas Ratchaworawiharn in Bangkok at 5.30pm on Saturday.

The chanting of Abhidhamma excerpts from Buddhist scriptures will be held from Saturday until Friday.  

The Abhidhamma recitation with royal sponsorship will be held for three nights, according to the company.

King Power staff members on Friday prepared and decorated a pavilion in the temple's compound for the royally sponsored funeral rite.

Officials from the Royal Household Bureau brought the funerary urn and ceremonial umbrellas and placed them inside the pavilion. 

Vichai's body is expected to be flown to Thailand on Friday. 

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1568730/king-power-and-leicester-fc-boss-vichai-gets-royal-rites

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Was away in Lisbon when this happened so only just managed to get up to the ground from Bristol.

I’ve always felt that we were a family club. The only reason I support Leicester is because dad used to take me when I was little and then when he passed when I was 6, I used to drag my mum to games even though we lived in Birmingham and she had no interest in football. I’ve always felt LCFC was the ongoing link to my dad who I remember less and less of as I get older. I saw Top’s pain the last few days and it has resonated hard. 

Thank You to everyone who has continued to make the club feel like a close family. It really does help in a time like this. 

Sorry if that’s a ramble - hope everyone going on Saturday does the club proud. 

I think that was very poignant Mohammed. One of my abiding memories of that day against Everton when we were presented with the trophy was the differing emotions. From excitement and joy to quite a large number of older men (like me) with not very well concealed tears in their eyes. I must have heard six or seven comment 'I wish my Dad had been here to see this', very personal moments and memories going back years no doubt.

Likewise, Top has not only been sitting next to his Dad whilst the story unfolded before them but they planned it together. All those ideas, meetings and transfers. Yet on his first home game back, whenever that may be, it's going to be just as poignant for him as yourself and us that have had that first game 'after' but, with the added horror of sitting very close to that tragic incident. 

I think this is why all the little gestures like flowers, shirts , proposed banners and walks are important because whilst in real terms they can't change anything, Top and his family have got to have been surprised at the outpouring of such feeling which in real terms, despite media pressures, demonstrates the support like that of a large family you didn't realise you had. In a small way I'm sure it's of some comfort.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Was away in Lisbon when this happened so only just managed to get up to the ground from Bristol.

I’ve always felt that we were a family club. The only reason I support Leicester is because dad used to take me when I was little and then when he passed when I was 6, I used to drag my mum to games even though we lived in Birmingham and she had no interest in football. I’ve always felt LCFC was the ongoing link to my dad who I remember less and less of as I get older. I saw Top’s pain the last few days and it has resonated hard. 

Thank You to everyone who has continued to make the club feel like a close family. It really does help in a time like this. 

Sorry if that’s a ramble - hope everyone going on Saturday does the club proud. 

That's a brilliant post mate. Like you I started going to see the City with my dad when I was a small boy and that will forever form some of my most important memories. For most of us our relationship with our club will be the longest lasting relationship of our lives. Long before we meet our future partners and long after we lose our parents that special bond and sense of belonging will be there. Leicester till I die is so much more than a football song. I don't think I've ever been so emotional about and proud of my club and there are some tough times ahead but we will get through this together. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spenno said:

Hi all. Lifelong City fan here. This Saturday (3 November), I'm running from Loughborough University to King Power Stadium (approximately 15 miles) in memory of Vichai (and his friends). I've decided to try and raise some money for the Leicester Hospitals Charity - Children’s Hospital, the same charity that he donated to so generously.

If you see a bloke in a Leicester shirt running from Loughborough Uni, through Quorn, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Birstall, through the town and towards the stadium, say hello or beep your horn. Would really appreciate the support.

When I arrive at the stadium, I plan to sign the book of condolences.

I've setup a JustGiving page for those wishing to donate: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/run-to-remember-vichai

And I'd really appreciate a retweet of this please: https://twitter.com/benspencer/status/1057991987234832390

Many thanks. Rest in peace Vichai.

:thumbup:

What time are you setting off from the Uni?

Been a long work week and it does feel like you've lost family. Cant help but think of how proud vichai would be to see us all together as a club, city,country, world.  In a dark time its comforting with how we are coming together to get through it all. Will definitely take time but i have a new profound respect for so many football fans of other clubs. It truly is amazing at the love you have shared for us all.

Not really sure which thread is most appropriate for this, but Vardy confirms it was the players' decision to go ahead with the game on Saturday: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46069586

Leicester City's players want to play at Cardiff so they can "honour" the club's owner who died in a helicopter crash, says striker Jamie Vardy.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and four other people were killed in the crash outside King Power Stadium on 27 October.

Saturday's Premier League match in Cardiff is the Foxes' first since the incident and manager Claude Puel has said the result is "not important".

But Vardy said: "For us as players, we want to get a positive result."

Speaking to Sky Sports, the 31-year-old added: "We need to make sure we go out there and honour his name and put in a performance that will hopefully get the win.

"We all spoke about wanting to play. It's what Vichai would have wanted and that's what we are going to do.

"It's going to be tough and very emotional and what the lads wanted to do was play this game and honour the man himself."

Tuesday's Carabao Cup tie between Leicester and Southampton at King Power Stadium was postponed after Saturday's crash, and has been rearranged for Tuesday, 27 November.

All Premier League games this weekend will be preceded by a minute's silence, and players will wear black armbands.

Srivaddhanaprabha's funeral will begin in his native Thailand on Saturday and could last a week. Puel said players would be given the opportunity to attend.

"It's been the hardest week of everyone's lives," said Vardy. "It'll be massively important we attend. We are a close-knit group and one big family and one of the main reasons for that is Vichai - so it's massively important.

"He wasn't just a chairman, he literally was part of your extended family."

Hi, just wanted your opinion please. I learnt music production for several years before writing a track which was released in 2016 in our title winning year, signed to a record label. The name I chose for the track was 'When Dreams Become Reality'... it's an uplifting euphoric Trance track. I'm going to pay my respects tomorrow with some flowers, either a scarf or an old Walkers Crisps Leicester shirt and had thought of printing the artwork off for the song and putting it in a CD case with or without the CD in.

But the last thing I want it to look like is like I'm plugging it so I don't know whether to or not. The record label it was signed to is called 'Always Alive Recordings' and a part of me thinks that that's also a fitting tribute, as Vichai will live on forever in our hearts. If I were to do that I'd write a note along the lines of 'this song was made because you made the impossible possible and turned our dreams into reality.'

What do you think?

37 minutes ago, smr said:

Hi, just wanted your opinion please. I learnt music production for several years before writing a track which was released in 2016 in our title winning year, signed to a record label. The name I chose for the track was 'When Dreams Become Reality'... it's an uplifting euphoric Trance track. I'm going to pay my respects tomorrow with some flowers, either a scarf or an old Walkers Crisps Leicester shirt and had thought of printing the artwork off for the song and putting it in a CD case with or without the CD in.

But the last thing I want it to look like is like I'm plugging it so I don't know whether to or not. The record label it was signed to is called 'Always Alive Recordings' and a part of me thinks that that's also a fitting tribute, as Vichai will live on forever in our hearts. If I were to do that I'd write a note along the lines of 'this song was made because you made the impossible possible and turned our dreams into reality.'

What do you think?

Do it mate, it's everything to do with Vichai that is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

What do you think?

Tuuuuuuune by the way!!!

• Thanks 1

I live and work in London. Most of my colleagues support Arsenal or Chelsea. Everyone of them has told me individually this week how amazing it is that we had a chairman that not only gave back to the supporters but also gave so much to the community. I've lost count of the number of times that I've heard both my Arsenal and Chelsea supporting friends say that despite all the success they've brought their owners have treated their own supporters as a commodity and their club as a business. I've always thought our club was special but Vichai has made the rest of the world realise that too. I trust Top to continue this.

• Like 4