Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

14 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

What exactly can you get booked for when arguing with the ref? surely putting your point across isnt a yellow card offence, I thought you only got booked if you started giving the ref abuse or started swearing at him? Or can they simply book you just for saying their decision is wrong?

Yes, they can. It's classed as dissent which covers words spoken and actions from a player. 

It isn't a common thing to see though as a referee you're taught to take the 'step approach' which is have a quiet word, if they carry on you'd talk to the captain, and if they're still acting like an idiot after those steps then it'd be deemed appropriate to caution them.

It's like in youth games we're encouraged to use sin-bins for the same type of dissent, non-verbal examples could be someone kicking the ball away in protest to a decision you've made, then you'd show a yellow card and indicate they are to go to the the sin-bin. Verbal examples can be something as simple as "You're rubbish referee". 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I assume the comment you replied to was an attempt at humour ..... not absolutely terrible but wouldn’t give up the day job .....

How can you lavish praise on me like that and not expect to want to get into the comedy business full time?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

What exactly can you get booked for when arguing with the ref? surely putting your point across isnt a yellow card offence, I thought you only got booked if you started giving the ref abuse or started swearing at him? Or can they simply book you just for saying their decision is wrong?

Maybe he did give the referee abuse and swore at him? 

14 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

To be fair, can totally understand why he was so fcked off, it was a dreadful decision made even worse by the fact VAR didnt overturn it! If that's a pen then literally any kind of contact in the box now will be given as a pen. 

Swings and roundabouts 

no one here  grumbling about Barnes looking offside.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

To be fair, can totally understand why he was so fcked off, it was a dreadful decision made even worse by the fact VAR didnt overturn it! If that's a pen then literally any kind of contact in the box now will be given as a pen. 

That's hindsight.

I seriously, seriously doubt Kasper has a great angle on the challenge. 

He's got to give a better example to the team and represent the club better in that scenario. I accepted him doing this when he did it at Forest away in his debut season because he was young and hot headed and I thought he'd learn yet here we are 8/9 years later still talking about the same things.

There's a difference between being ultra competitive and over stepping the mark and being down right rude and abusive. As vice-captain he should know where the line is and not to cross it.

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

That's hindsight.

I seriously, seriously doubt Kasper has a great angle on the challenge. 

He's got to give a better example to the team and represent the club better in that scenario. I accepted him doing this when he did it at Forest away in his debut season because he was young and hot headed and I thought he'd learn yet here we are 8/9 years later still talking about the same things.

There's a difference between being ultra competitive and over stepping the mark and being down right rude and abusive. As vice-captain he should know where the line is and not to cross it.

If having a bit of anger is part of your game, it can be difficult to contain it without losing your edge. If he were regularly getting sent off and missing games through suspension, I agree there would be a problem. As it is, I don't think it's an issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

How would you have preferred him to act?

"Cheers for giving them a soft pen. I don't see why some people have little respect for you, you make fair considered decisions and implement the rules of the game superbly. See you for a beer after the game lad."

I'd prefer him to act in a professional manner. As our captain there is no way he should be speaking to officials in that manner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Foul and abusive language and, surprisingly, ungentlemanly conduct are just 2 examples. Put yourself in the place of the ref when he is berated on every decision he makes, I'd soon get pissed off. Unfortunately, long gone are the days when the ref's decision was final.

7 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

I'd prefer him to act in a professional manner. As our captain there is no way he should be speaking to officials in that manner. 

I'd prefer him to react the way he did.

I'd love him to be able to go to the ref and ask the referee to explain their decision. Unfortunately the refs feel like they don't have to explain themselves, usually because they pull a decision out their arse and can't justify themselves.

It's why the vast majority of football refs will never have the same respect as the rugby refs.

When Jarred Gillett was working in the A League, you would very rarely saw the players go mental at him because they knew he would explain his decision making. I hope he can move up and have a similar effect in the Prem.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, GorlestonFox said:

I'm quite happy to have a captain with a bit of aggression in him. You need characters like that to lead the team when things get tough.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Got a booking didn't he for mouthing off-again.

he should know by now the ref isn't going to change a decision .Still not sure why he is captain but hey ho

Probably for exactly that reason, refs need to be told when they have ****ed up so they might level it up. Appalling decision last night.

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

We are soft as shit on the whole. 

Thank **** at least one of them has some edge. 

Kasper is awesome. Absolute club legend and top keeper. 

He is leading and setting an example in a way. If we had a team full of hot heads and he took the same actions a bit of criticism would make more sense. But giving out verbals, showing aggression and contention... It shouldn't just be written off as not of any value in any situation. He's saying to the team "this is bullshit guys, we're not here because of our faults, but because of these shitty decisions. Stay confident in our ability and rise above this unjust adversity" ... Or something like that...well, I think you get the point! 

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Swings and roundabouts 

no one here  grumbling about Barnes looking offside.

What? Barnes was nowhere near offside for 2 reasons. 1. He was behind Ricardo when the ball was played. You cannot be offside if you are behind the player passing you the ball. 2. The leg of the west ham player was keeping him onside. Oh and 3. VAR is shit but it isn't wrong when it comes to offsides so I've not idea what you're talking about. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

We need players who aren’t afraid to have a go at referees and be at them all game. Other teams do it so I feel we’d be slightly naive not to have people doing it. Putting pressure on the ref is one of the dark arts the best teams use and I’m all for using such tactics. They are effective. As for Kasper the incident showed me how much he cares which is a great trait for a captain. 

50 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We need players who aren’t afraid to have a go at referees and be at them all game. Other teams do it so I feel we’d be slightly naive not to have people doing it. Putting pressure on the ref is one of the dark arts the best teams use and I’m all for using such tactics. They are effective. As for Kasper the incident showed me how much he cares which is a great trait for a captain. 

Fully agree mate. 

Man Utd were at the top for years, not just for their skills, but because they constantly put pressure on the officials. They got most of the decisions and Fergie time is a proven fact. 

From Kasper's point of view, what about the initial challenge at the corner? If there is any contact on the keeper when he punches the ball it is foul in any other game.

Maybe kasper was unhappy with the inconsistency. TBH the ref was poor most of the match, particularly when he favoured us for a long portion of the second half. However, he was weak. 19 fouls by wham and only booking the pen! 

No problems with kasper, he can't win anyway, if he didn't show he cared, the boo boys would say he wasn't bothered! 

23 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Fully agree mate. 

Man Utd were at the top for years, not just for their skills, but because they constantly put pressure on the officials. They got most of the decisions and Fergie time is a proven fact. 

From Kasper's point of view, what about the initial challenge at the corner? If there is any contact on the keeper when he punches the ball it is foul in any other game.

Maybe kasper was unhappy with the inconsistency. TBH the ref was poor most of the match, particularly when he favoured us for a long portion of the second half. However, he was weak. 19 fouls by wham and only booking the pen! 

No problems with kasper, he can't win anyway, if he didn't show he cared, the boo boys would say he wasn't bothered! 

Worst ref I've seen in ages and that's not me being bias. As you said we got a lot of decisions that were wrong they got some crucial ones. The referee was consistent just consistently wrong from half time onwards.

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I'd rather he showed that sort of attitude in his six yard box at corners personally. Better to be all trousers than mouth in my opinion.

He's going through he's yearly poor patch. The good thing is we know he gets through them and comes back strongly each year. Positioning and flapping have been terrible in recent games.

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

He's going through he's yearly poor patch. The good thing is we know he gets through them and comes back strongly each year. Positioning and flapping have been terrible in recent games.

Watching him at corners rather than the ball or the defender/attacker is quite eye opening. He’s really quite pathetic at times. Weak and seemingly unable to get off his feet. Zero command of his area. It’s always been like this though. 

• Like 3