Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, should have gone to SpecSavers as I suspected then.

Can’t he just have Harry hoof it? Pretty sure Harry’s kicking must be better?

(or is it a pride thing...)

Defenders in general go back to keepers far too much

This guy was an absolute GOD today.  His shot stopping and distribution together were the best I've ever seen in a Brendan Rodgers side. 11 players not 10 and a goalkeeper.

A complete goalkeeper. His low hard passes to teammates feet up field was sublime. His shot stopping World Class. We are lucky to have someone of his caliber in this club. Long may it continue.

Amazing all the garbage I hear on this thread.

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This guy was an absolute GOD today.  His shot stopping and distribution together were the best I've ever seen in a Brendan Rodgers side. 11 players not 10 and a goalkeeper.

A complete goalkeeper. His low hard passes to teammates feet up field was sublime. His shot stopping World Class. We are lucky to have someone of his caliber in this club. Long may it continue.

Sorry but I though his distribution for the most part was very poor. His shot stopping on the other hand was fantastic.

14 minutes ago, SO1 said:

He had a few iffy moments first half with some poor kicks and coming way out of his goal when he didn't need to. But apart from those instances, he was rock solid and was always very willing to show for the ball when it came back to Morgan or Söyüncü. Very alert and looks confident.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Sorry but I though his distribution for the most part was very poor. His shot stopping on the other hand was fantastic.

His kicking is probably the most marmite of any keeper we have had. He can hit some absolute peaches which create chances and other times he makes a complete hash of it. But objectively speaking, "very poor" seems overly harsh.

Just now, shen said:

His kicking is probably the most marmite of any keeper we have had. He can hit some absolute peaches which create chances and other times he makes a complete hash of it. But objectively speaking, "very poor" seems overly harsh.

Maybe it is a bit harsh. I'm just not a fan of these chipped balls in our own half. To be honest the likelihood of us signing a goalkeeper who is a great shot stopper and brilliant at playing out from the back is very slim. There's often a trade off and if given the choice I'd much rather have a goalkeeper who is a great shot stopper but not great at playing out from the back. 

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

That is absolutely astonishing goalkeeping. A seasons worth of highlight reel saves in one match 

That last save reminds me of the one in Copenhagen in the Champions League.