Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Time to move on.... lol The guy is a pure Leicester man and a massive personality at the club. He has been great for us throughout the years, but he always has rough patches and not the greatest command of his area. He will win us points again. 

I'm a bit mixed on him. He has some obvious weaknesses that do cost us points, and it's an area which we could improve on if we brought someone else in.

But he's such a strong character at the club, and is an expert at ingratiating himself with the owners and management team, that I can't help but

feel there could be problems behind the scenes if we decided to replace him.

Ideal scenario for me would be for Man Utd to come in for him as their 2nd keeper, and we could let him leave with our blessing.

2 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

I'm a bit mixed on him. He has some obvious weaknesses that do cost us points, and it's an area which we could improve on if we brought someone else in.

But he's such a strong character at the club, and is an expert at ingratiating himself with the owners and management team, that I can't help but

Ideal scenario for me would be for Man Utd to come in for him as their 2nd keeper, and we could let him leave with our blessing.

Brown nose then 😂👃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/01/2020 at 20:05, Claridge said:

I’m afraid his time is up if we can identify a replacement . World class one on one shot stopper, div 1 standard distribution and Vicky park standard in the air. Costs us more than he saves us 

Bloody hell one rough patch and he needs replacing? 

He won the league with us, champs league QF, great leader in the team, danish player of the year, I could go on forever baby 

• Like 1

He has positives, and will occasionally keep us in the game and win points with his shot stopping. But it's ridiculous he has never got better at crosses and managing his six yard box. I'd take the odd mistake if he misjudges occasionally,  if more often than not he takes control of the situation. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't be stupid. His form always goes up and down, he's a massive personality at the club. I'm not against bringing another keeper in, but you can't just bin him off. He's always been poor coming for crosses and corners, I'm surprised teams haven't targetted him more often this season.

No player is bigger than the club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

Pretty much my exact thoughts. His weaknesses with the ball and at dealing with balls into the box are becoming more and more apparent and I think we could probably find an upgrade without too much trouble, but the impact of replacing him would be massive. I very much doubt he'd stick around to be second choice and it'd be a big risk to get rid of someone who is clearly a huge influence and presence within the team.

Ultimately I think if he is to leave it'll be of his own volition and in the meantime we'll just have to accept his shortcomings.

Let’s not get all protective now. Kasper has been a magnificent servant but his current form is a real concern.

When every corner and free kick the opposition gets has you worried because your keeper refuses to come out and claim the ball in the air, you have a problem.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't be stupid. His form always goes up and down, he's a massive personality at the club. I'm not against bringing another keeper in, but you can't just bin him off. He's always been poor coming for crosses and corners, I'm surprised teams haven't targetted him more often this season.

if dropping him to the bench would cause problems then we may have to, you can't have a player, any player that causes problems if dropped, no idea if Kasper would though to be fair

46 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

That’s an absolutely terrible reason for making a lineup or roster decision.

We’ve really needed his heroics in the past games but today I’m sorry that one is on kasper. I love the guy to bits but he should not have been beaten on that 2nd goal.

say nothing of his poor clearances it passes.

i know he can do better we have all seen it in spurts. Worse is Evans missing that absolute

sitter of a header. He won’t sleep well tonite.

In the week when people were saying we lacked leaders, they are happy to dump  a proper true leader in the dressing room if not always evident on the pitch. He has his weaknesses like everyone but it would cost us a lot to upgrade on him, money better spent elsewhere. 

Hope he's here until he retires. Been through everything over last 10 years and there's great bond between club and him,really cares. Huge part of the club and that shouldn't be sniffed out even when he's going through a bad run. Big part of dragging us through the crash which is impressive as he was a lucky boy. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Let’s not get all protective now. Kasper has been a magnificent servant but his current form is a real concern.

When every corner and free kick the opposition gets has you worried because your keeper refuses to come out and claim the ball in the air, you have a problem.

Yep, shades of Tim Flowers in his final season with us. 

• Like 1

Thought he'll be disappointed with the second goal; not sure why he's off his line so much. But I don't think he's had a bad season or been poor recently at all.

His distribution is the one thing that really needs to improved.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Thought he'll be disappointed with the second goal; not sure why he's off his line so much. But I don't think he's had a bad season or been poor recently at all.

His distribution is the one thing that really needs to improved.

Crosses and commanding his 6 yard box are the main concern for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Bloody hell one rough patch and he needs replacing? 

He won the league with us, champs league QF, great leader in the team, danish player of the year, I could go on forever baby 

. He is now a poor to average keeper. TeamS realise that if you put a cross anywhere Kasper he will ignore it, flap at it or completely miss it. You only have to look at the last few weeks to see This happening. No sentiment in football, if you don’t perform you are replaced at successful clubs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

We’ve really needed his heroics in the past games but today I’m sorry that one is on kasper. I love the guy to bits but he should not have been beaten on that 2nd goal.

say nothing of his poor clearances it passes.

i know he can do better we have all seen it in spurts. Worse is Evans missing that absolute

sitter of a header. He won’t sleep well tonite.

No keeper is saving the second, quality header.....

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Time to drop him for a few weeks, useless today and has no control of his own area.

Give your head a wobble... He's conceded 26 in the League - 4th best and one fewer than Man City. Sure he's had a couple of poor games but then it's not like those in front of him are playing particularly well. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingston_fox said:

Give your head a wobble... He's conceded 26 in the League - 4th best and one fewer than Man City. Sure he's had a couple of poor games but then it's not like those in front of him are playing particularly well. 

Kasper's issue is commanding his area from crosses - always has been and always will be 

successive managers have felt that the good outweighs the bad, including the mental drive he provides the whole squad 

ward isn’t a better option 

• Like 1