Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

8 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Give your head a wobble... He's conceded 26 in the League - 4th best and one fewer than Man City. Sure he's had a couple of poor games but then it's not like those in front of him are playing particularly well. 

That's more to to with the defence and team in general steamrolling teams, than him in the first half of the season, but he was certainly playing better.

15 in last 8 league games

no ones is expecting miracles, just some saves and better distribution to warrant our 12m reserve GK not getting a league game  

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Thanks 1

Kasper needs help. Might be mental. He just doesn't look his best self out there. He's got 2 weeks to sort himself out with whatever he needs.

Maybe he's tiring or things are catching up with him like stress and pressure. 

As captain he needs to lead by example and today was disappointing on so many levels. He's better than this. Come on Kasper! 

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's time to give Ward a run in the team. He's been good enough to get Wales into Europe, He hasn't let us down in the few Cup matches and I can't see how  would do any worse than Kasper.

great idea 'clever fox' some competition might help kasper to get his mojo back and give him a rest if he needs it.

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, cruzFOX said:

great idea 'clever fox' some competition might help kasper to get his mojo back and give him a rest if he needs it.

I worry with a player like Kasper it will potentially have the opposite effect. We’ve got a nice two week break now - hopefully he comes back refreshed.

Short memories on here, earlier in the season people were lauding Kasper as one of the best in the league. Disappointing few games for sure, but he’ll be back to his best before long I hope.

I think Schmeichel gets by due to his influence in the title winning season and status within the squad. 

Reality, its not rare that he costs us goals through his flappy attempts at goalkeeping and the amount of times he punts the ball completely off the pitch. Even a child can take a goal kick and keep the ball within the field of play. 

I don't think he's terrible, but bang average in terms of Premier League GK's. I just can't see him being replaced until he makes the decision to go himself. 

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Few weeks ago I was thinking this is his best season since 16/17 (which it still probs is), give it a couple weeks he’ll be back to normal.

It’s hard for a keeper in a game like today to look good when you don’t have many standard shot stopping attempts at goal. No excuses for not coming on that first goal to collect it though. 

Thanks for helping me realise that I am sane!!!

He’s been having a cracking season so far…. Any player is likely to have the occasional blip and it’s really amplified when a goal keeper drops a plumb…

He is fine and will continue to be fine…

Dropping him after a couple of rough games is really not the answer…

If we're to be a consistent top four club he is not the keeper we should keep sticking with. 

But at the same time I don't know a realistic signing who could replace him.

The flaws in his game have never improved tho and that's frankly ridiculous. He's been kicking the ball shockingly for years. It seems like he doesn't practice these things at all

Glad Chilwell told him that he should've done better for the first goal, it's in the six yard box, you need to at least try and get the ball away. If Schmeichel got pissed off then good, he needs to be told.

But then he's had the same coach for nearly a decade and still the same issues exist.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Glad Chilwell told him that he should've done better for the first goal, it's in the six yard box, you need to at least try and get the ball away. If Schmeichel got pissed off then good, he needs to be told.

But then he's had the same coach for nearly a decade and still the same issues exist.

Agreed, new goalkeeping coach required.

36 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

If we're to be a consistent top four club he is not the keeper we should keep sticking with. 

But at the same time I don't know a realistic signing who could replace him.

The flaws in his game have never improved tho and that's frankly ridiculous. He's been kicking the ball shockingly for years. It seems like he doesn't practice these things at all

I've said this for years - we never improve goalkeepers, every keeper we've had in the last 25+ years has been good when they arrive and as good when they leave. 

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

So Kasper has not improved at any point since we signed him?

You absolute numpty.

Why can you not ask a question without an insult? 

(you aggressive cretin)

Edited by 5waller5
humour
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think the bigger issue is the general lack of height in the team. 2 short full backs. Madders Tielemans, Perez are tiny. Vardy is the striker and Barnes can't really defend.

Only the centre backs and N'didi are tall.

Rudiger scored twice today just by being twice the size of Chilwell.

Agree we miss a big slab head to header shit out the box.

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think the bigger issue is the general lack of height in the team. 2 short full backs. Madders Tielemans, Perez are tiny. Vardy is the striker and Barnes can't really defend.

Only the centre backs and N'didi are tall.

Rudiger scored twice today just by being twice the size of Chilwell.

Ndidi makes a massive difference at set pieces, in both boxes! 

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's time to give Ward a run in the team. He's been good enough to get Wales into Europe, He hasn't let us down in the few Cup matches and I can't see how  would do any worse than Kasper.

Okay I’ll be the first to bring it up then. 

Ward doesnt start for wales... he’s behind palace’s reserve keeper.  Not knocking him, I think he’s decent. But this part of your argument doesn’t make sense 

Edited by Lambert09

I think Kasper is a brilliant “shot stopper”, quick reactions and feet 

his distribution is questionable at times, as is his positioning for set pieces, and his punching 

the problem is we don’t really have a number 2, nobody pushing him. As many have said Ward isn’t going to be a number 1 goalie, not in the premiership anyway, just a decent emergency keeper 

I’d go all out for Henderson, Sheffield have said they won’t buy him, he doesn’t want to go back to United and sit on the bench 

• Like 1