Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People forgetting the Man City game where he was brilliant and saved us from a dry humping..... 

No one has forgotten all the top saves he does and is capable of.

His flaws here are being shown up Vs the more direct teams. I don't remember Man City putting balls into the box as often as other teams

10 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He is shocking at corners. Stays rooted to the line mostly, even when the ball is in the six yard box. Not a strength of his.

That’s actually the main thing we were warned about by Leeds fans when he signed for us.

• Like 1

The fact that Kasper is totally bulletproof is in itself a problem, realistically how many games in a row would Kasper have to play badly before he was dropped? you're probably talking double figures in games, no player should be in that position, I do wonder in thew manager's mind how close he thinks Ward is to Kasper

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

I’m afraid his time is up if we can identify a replacement . World class one on one shot stopper, div 1 standard distribution and Vicky park standard in the air. Costs us more than he saves us 

I've been really critical of him recently but this simply isn't true

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been really critical of him recently but this simply isn't true

Really, take away the basics that most keepers can do and then think about the times kaspers brilliance saves us  and minus the horrendous command of the box, terrible distribution etc... Iand I think it would be in the negative. Hard to quantify I know, but feels like a bit of a liability nowadays 

Edited by Claridge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think a taller keeper claims the cross for the winner last night and a fair few of the goals we have conceded recently that have been across the 6 yard box, that's just something Kasper cannot do

It hurts,but after seeing Banks,Shilton and Wallington,and even a smaller K.keller...I just have to agree..

But even then ,I will Never say or lets say begin anything negative against Kasper....He has been and still is a Top Servant to this club.....!!!i

Even way back in time,I have always believed you have a Nr one GK,who still should be occasionally rotated ,even for league games.Not just cup games..!!s

Last Night I would of Played Ward,and started with Gray....These are but little things....!!!

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The fact that Kasper is totally bulletproof is in itself a problem, realistically how many games in a row would Kasper have to play badly before he was dropped? you're probably talking double figures in games, no player should be in that position, I do wonder in thew manager's mind how close he thinks Ward is to Kasper

Yes, that's an interesting point. Also, if he'd had some serious competition he might have tried to do something about his appalling goalkeeping from crosses because he certainly hasn't improved any since he's been here and it's they same problem he's had since he was at Manchester City all those years ago, which is why Sven always picked Hart over him.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

That's a fair point that's hard to argue against with any reason. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think a taller keeper claims the cross for the winner last night and a fair few of the goals we have conceded recently that have been across the 6 yard box, that's just something Kasper cannot do

sign vestergarrd and put him in goal!

I have thought for a good few weeks now, that he isn’t facing many shots on target against him in recent games, yet still picking the ball out the back of the net.

Yes we can say the defence isnt as tight as it was earlier in the season also, which has a slight bearing.

But I am having big doubts with his concentration levels in games we are trying to dominate possession more.

He hasn’t as we all know, for a good few seasons he hasn’t really had a good enough number 2 to really push him to strive to get better in weaker areas of his game.

Because of this, is complacency now starting to creep into his game? 

On 29/01/2020 at 13:03, HankMarvin said:

Poor distribution most games 

often gives at least one clear cut chance to opposition team through a brain fart or lack of concentration.

lead boots when it comes to corners and crosses.

slow to react to the first goal.

also rooted to the line when they missed clear chance for tap in.

2nd goal positioning was bad.

He has been a great servant to the club, but we really need to have someone pushing for a first team replacement.
If Ward isn’t doing in after a few years he should be moved on.

Kasper shouldn’t be undroppable when going through a poor patch of form. 

Brain fart kickout right on que

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Time to move him on. He isn’t going to settle for being no2

Don't be stupid. His form always goes up and down, he's a massive personality at the club. I'm not against bringing another keeper in, but you can't just bin him off. He's always been poor coming for crosses and corners, I'm surprised teams haven't targetted him more often this season.

• Like 2