Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Mohamed Elneny

1 minute ago, Guest said:

I would think they point to him being no better than what Arsenal have. Him not being good enough to displace the likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Xkaha and Torreira doesn't mean he's no better than Iborra, Choudhury and James.

But hes not better than Choudry and Iborra. James ain't exactly great to be honest but Elneny is doodoo. I don't understand why we should sign him. 

5 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

But hes not better than Choudry and Iborra. James ain't exactly great to be honest but Elneny is doodoo. I don't understand why we should sign him. 

He’s not better than Choudhury? Choudhury has played like 5 games for Leicester city. People going on about him like he’s world class. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

We're nobody's first choice but we're an attractive club to those who can't get an elite club. 

There's a reason why we've got players like Slimani, Silva and Pereira to join us from much bigger clubs than us historically like Sporting Lisbon and Porto. If a one of the European elite aren't asking for your services then we're as attractive as any club in the world. 

Who do you consider as Elite clubs?

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Who do you consider as Elite clubs?

The big six in England

The big three in Spain

Bayern and Dortmund

PSG

Juventus

The rest we're in a race with, we're still behind the likes of Napoli, Inter and a few more but the rest we can compete with for a player. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He’s not better than Choudhury? Choudhury has played like 5 games for Leicester city. People going on about him like he’s world class. 

Obviously the number of games a player has played doesn't necessarily have a relationship to their quality. People go on about Hamza because his inclusion led to us shutting out Everton and Chelsea on the road and throttling Man City's attack at the KP. Realistically, Arsenal would snap our hand off if we offered Hamza for Elneny straight-up. Though I like Elneny, he is a bit slow but I think he'd be an upgrade on Iborra, he'd make a lot of sense on this team and would help address our clear need for quicker, more accurate forward passing out of the midfield.

Just now, Gerard said:

The big six in England

The big three in Spain

Bayern and Dortmund

PSG

Juventus

The rest we're in a race with, we're still behind the likes of Napoli, Inter and a few more but the rest we can compete with for a player. 

I suppose I can see this if you are arguing we are competing with our money vs. their regular European competition and superior club pedigree. I suspect we are often at a disadvantage to such clubs for younger players, while the older players looking for a payday like us better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vanity said:

Obviously the number of games a player has played doesn't necessarily have a relationship to their quality. People go on about Hamza because his inclusion led to us shutting out Everton and Chelsea on the road and throttling Man City's attack at the KP. Realistically, Arsenal would snap our hand off if we offered Hamza for Elneny straight-up. Though I like Elneny, he is a bit slow but I think he'd be an upgrade on Iborra, he'd make a lot of sense on this team and would help address our clear need for quicker, more accurate forward passing out of the midfield.

Arsenal would snap our hands off for a straight swap of hamza for Elneny!... ?????

what rubbish that is. An international midfielder for a young lad who has only played 5 games in the premier league. I like Hamza bit he is being massively over rated after just a few games. He has a lot of learning to do. I think if we can shift King, James and Iborra the signing of Elneny will be a good signing. For the right price he would be a good fit and help bulk up the midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Hark on at you not liking your opinion being questioned, you must be a ball of laughs at home. 

Well, for a start I was questioning you - you made the initial post.

I'm questioning your repeated assertion that Elneny is no better than what we have after you've already admitted it's based on very little knowledge of the subject ('I don't have a solid opinion on Elneny as I haven't seen him play too often'). You have (AFAICS) come up with a laughably simple formula - 'peripheral player for top six club cannot be better than peripheral player for us'. 

I'm also questioning your comment that 10 million is 'big money' or the implication that it's the sort of figure that should guarantee first team football.

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Arsenal would snap our hands off for a straight swap of hamza for Elneny!... ?????

what rubbish that is. An international midfielder for a young lad who has only played 5 games in the premier league. I like Hamza bit he is being massively over rated after just a few games. He has a lot of learning to do. I think if we can shift King, James and Iborra the signing of Elneny will be a good signing. For the right price he would be a good fit and help bulk up the midfield.

Hardly rubbish, I suspect you are just viewing this more narrowly than I am. It isn't simply about who has been better or for longer as that ignores the value of a rising young player under contract for years with more potential to improve at a position of clear need vs. an older squad player who is likely a finished product on a much more expensive contract who has failed to crack the starting 11 for two Arsenal managers and who Arsenal doesn't really want. Arsenal is reportedly looking for 15 mill+ for Elneny, while we would never dream of selling Hamza for that. 

4 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

I thought Dodoo was a Rangers player now, on loan to Blackpool, or has he changed his name to Elneny to confuse Rudkin  in an attempt to come back to City?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, vanity said:

Hardly rubbish, I suspect you are just viewing this more narrowly than I am. It isn't simply about who has been better or for longer as that ignores the value of a rising young player under contract for years with more potential to improve at a position of clear need vs. an older squad player who is likely a finished product on a much more expensive contract who has failed to crack the starting 11 for two Arsenal managers and who Arsenal doesn't really want. Arsenal is reportedly looking for 15 mill+ for Elneny, while we would never dream of selling Hamza for that. 

Im sure before 4 games ago people would have happily sold Hamza for a couple of million. 4 game s later his value exceeds £15 million!? Like I said I like Hamza and he has room to improve but he isn't worth anywhere near Elneny's current value.

11 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Im sure before 4 games ago people would have happily sold Hamza for a couple of million. 4 game s later his value exceeds £15 million!? Like I said I like Hamza and he has room to improve but he isn't worth anywhere near Elneny's current value.

You seriously believe we would have happily sold Hamza for a couple million 4 games ago? After having him go through our academy? After he had already shown the potential of turning into a starter down the road? There are reports online of him being monitored by elite sides as long ago as 2014 (Man U, Barca, and Real Madrid among others). He was considered one of our best academy prospects in ages back then as well. He has been outstanding on the u-23s and Puel had the confidence in him to start him at Chelsea. Couple mill? Better to stick to arguing your original position, this revised one is just silly. 

6 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Until he has a bad game, then he'll be trash just like Chilwell and Ricardo were.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

The big six in England

The big three in Spain

Bayern and Dortmund

PSG

Juventus

unless we are completing in European football, players are only choosing us for a pay day, clubs like Roma and Sevilla are still more attractive than us. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

I thought Dodoo was a Rangers player now, on loan to Blackpool, or has he changed his name to Elneny to confuse Rudkin  in an attempt to come back to City?

We should have kept him. Didn't he score 4 goals on his debut for us?

Looking at the stats, what does he offer over Mendy, Ndidi or Choudury? We need a creative player.

Year
Matches
Goals
Assists
yellow_card_icon.svg
red_card_icon.svg

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17

2015-16
  • Attack
    Goals 0