Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Mohamed Elneny

20 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Well, for a start I was questioning you - you made the initial post.

I'm questioning your repeated assertion that Elneny is no better than what we have after you've already admitted it's based on very little knowledge of the subject ('I don't have a solid opinion on Elneny as I haven't seen him play too often'). You have (AFAICS) come up with a laughably simple formula - 'peripheral player for top six club cannot be better than peripheral player for us'. 

I'm also questioning your comment that 10 million is 'big money' or the implication that it's the sort of figure that should guarantee first team football.

Every post you make, every single one makes me glad I’m not the one debating with you. You are the Mike Tyson of the debate world. Good words always.

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

The big six in England

The big three in Spain

Bayern and Dortmund

PSG

Juventus

The rest we're in a race with, we're still behind the likes of Napoli, Inter and a few more but the rest we can compete with for a player. 

Not sure you're on the same planet as me.

If we're so big then how come, even after we'd been crowned champions of England and were about to play in the Champion's league we still couldn't sign elite players or even near elite players. In fact players chose to go to other teams - not listed above - rather than play for us.

There are many more clubs that players would rather sign for and live in the City of than the 13 you have mentioned there.

51 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Every post you make, every single one makes me glad I’m not the one debating with you. You are the Mike Tyson of the debate world. Good words always.

Not sure what etiquette demands as a response. So... you know

Even if it were true @Gerard is probably the spit of Buster Douglas. 

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

Not sure you're on the same planet as me.

If we're so big then how come, even after we'd been crowned champions of England and were about to play in the Champion's league we still couldn't sign elite players or even near elite players. In fact players chose to go to other teams - not listed above - rather than play for us.

There are many more clubs that players would rather sign for and live in the City of than the 13 you have mentioned there.

Name as many as you can.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Name as many as you can.

Man City

Man Utd 

Arsenal 

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

PSG

Lyon 

AC milan

Inter Milan

Juventus 

Roma

Napoli 

Real Madrid 

A. Madrid 

Seville 

Barca

B Munich

Dortmund

Bayer L 

Valencia 

Of the top of my head, teams that players would pick over us

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Man City

Man Utd 

Arsenal 

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton 50/50 

PSG

Lyon don't think so

AC milan NOPE not atm

Inter Milan

Juventus 

Roma

Napoli 

Real Madrid 

A. Madrid 

Seville maybe maybe not

Barca

B Munich

Dortmund

Bayer L 

Valencia maybe maybe not 

The rest a head of us

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Name as many as you can.

Some players like to f'ing play European football. Some players like to live where the women are ridiculously hot. Some players like vibrant cities with amazing nightlife. Some players want great weather and no snow on the field when they play. Players make decisions based on a number of factors. Leicester isn't pulling players out of Benidorm because some single issue voter wrote an article conflating club value with broadcast and central income distribution in the Prem.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Don't know whether your just fishing or insane.

Yes really 

So you think we are more attractive to players than AC Milan, so you think Higuain would have choose us over them if we'd gone for him on loan in the summer, like they did? 

Quincy Promes would have chosen us over Seville if we were interested. 

Edited by coolhandfox

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Man City

Man Utd 

Arsenal 

Chelsea

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

PSG

Lyon 

AC milan

Inter Milan

Juventus 

Roma

Napoli 

Real Madrid 

A. Madrid 

Seville 

Barca

B Munich

Dortmund

Bayer L 

Valencia 

You have forgotten Wolvesalona, Florest, Sheep County and Celtic.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Shall we ask Fabregas if he fancies Leicester or Monaco.

I wonder why.......

It amazes me, how people on here see us as a massive club, who can buy who we want, I honestly think we are way down the food chain. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So you think we are more attractive to players than AC Milan, so you think Higuain would have choose us over them if we'd gone for him on loan in the summer, like they did? 

Quincy Promes would have chosen us over Seville if we were interested. 

Promes is on £50k a week at Sevilla, if we'd have offered him £80k a week he probably moves here. 

I'm not saying we're a bigger club or better destination than Sevilla but we compete for similar players and pay better wages so yes we could have arguably got Promes ahead of Sevilla if we wanted him. 

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Promes is on £50k a week at Sevilla, if we'd have offered him £80k a week he probably moves here. 

I'm not saying we're a bigger club or better destination than Sevilla but we compete for similar players and pay better wages so yes we could have arguably got Promes ahead of Sevilla if we wanted him. 

We shall see, I'm not convinced