Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Except he obviously is. What do you want him to say - yeah we're desperate for new players and will be spending loads in January? Because that's how you end up paying £20m for £10m quality players

Examples of this are :

Silva 

Slimani 

Iheanacho (although he's not worth anywhere near 10m). 

Musa 

Those four frauds cost us £90M!!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly they lost me with some of their decision making tonight. Chilwell isn't what I'd call a complainer and he was screaming at the official all night for what they were missing.

Literally nothing was given for us tonight. The dive, various fouls now punished, the Alli offside to name a couple. 

How we end up with the shit refs consistently is incredible

We always seem to get the premier leagues incompetent Cockwomble who just love to either dish out the cards to us or just turn a blind eye when the opposition is a so called favouritable teams!! 

What a load of b0ll ocks, but Puel is what he is passive in nature and the football we're playing is what you're going to get with a passive manager.

The bigger picture is  what our owner want and what us supporters expect, if they're happy with this then fair play, but i think their ambitions are higher then this as are mine as a supporter or we'll end up  with what i hated the most mid table mediocrity, like miserable club like Stoke or WBA before they got relegated, mid table with empty seats.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5
  • Like 1

I think we all realise that it won’t help Nacho’s confidence if people are booing him, but you have to accept that fact that many people, including me, have had enough of watching him and want to see him either buck his ideas up, or get out of the team. He looks miserable....like he isn’t really bothered. We can even forgive Okazaki for his antics when we see him put in a shift and show committment, but, with Nacho, it really, really looks like he isn’t bothered. In addition, he seems to have poor positional sense.....not running into sensible positions or giving Albrighton and Gray a mobile, active target for their crosses. Don’t even get me started on his lack of ball control and slow feet..  Believe me, I hate public criticism of our players, but, in his case, I’ll make an exception.

by the way, I think that some of the complaining about today’s game is a bit over the top. We had more shots than them and more shots on target. Apart from their offside goal and the Son “spectacular” they weren’t all that. The big problem today was that our attackers were ineffective, often shooting straight at the keeper or, Ndidi style, blasting it over the bar. Sort that out and we will be a solid top 8 tean.....even with Puel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I really don't understand our tactics. We pass it well and keep possession, playing neat passes, ultimately with the aim of getting the ball to the wing, where we cross a lofted ball into one small attacker and 4 massive defenders. It's relentless, time after time literally gifting it to their Centre Halves!

You're not on your own Puel has no idea either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CanadianFan said:

I think we all realise that it won’t help Nacho’s confidence if people are booing him, but you have to accept that fact that many people, including me, have had enough of watching him and want to see him either buck his ideas up, or get out of the team. He looks miserable....like he isn’t really bothered. We can even forgive Okazaki for his antics when we see him put in a shift and show committment, but, with Nacho, it really, really looks like he isn’t bothered. In addition, he seems to have poor positional sense.....not running into sensible positions or giving Albrighton and Gray a mobile, active target for their crosses. Don’t even get me started on his lack of ball control and slow feet..  Believe me, I hate public criticism of our players, but, in his case, I’ll make an exception.

by the way, I think that some of the complaining about today’s game is a bit over the top. We had more shots than them and more shots on target. Apart from their offside goal and the Son “spectacular” they weren’t all that. The big problem today was that our attackers were ineffective, often shooting straight at the keeper or, Ndidi style, blasting it over the bar. Sort that out and we will be a solid top 8 tean.....even with Puel.

Shinji has a lot of credit in the bank with us, and besides is an experienced player who can impact a game

A lot of our players' movement is not the best, KI is certainly not far below many of them in that respect. Its just that he's no JV, who moves like a snake

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Take a break... We're 9th... There's a whole bunch of teams below us, all who are worse than us and would give anything to be in our position. Reality check but we aren't a top top side, we occupy the places between relegation and mid table and as such we are near the top of that pile. To be up with Liverpool / Man City requires investment on a scale of epic proportions and that is t happening. Yes we're frustrating, yes we are lacking quality but our position shows Puel knows how to manage what he has to keep us out the drop zone

I really ****ing hate this whole "we can play shit because we are in x position" attitude. The truth of it is our recent form has been rubbish. We are playing some of the most lethargic, boring, tedious football I've ever seen. Are we supposed to look forward to watching that crap? We will soon be in the bottom half and falling if this continues. A scrappy away win and a draw here and there is all we have to look forward to.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Puel says hes not looking for any players...so maybe he cant see it....

I’m neither Puel in or Puel our but I certainly don’t recall reading he’s not looking for any players but I do recall reading that he thinks there will be no business in January which doesn’t mean the same thing 

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

The only people that need to move on are the sad twats that cant back a manager

It'll be PUEL OUT PUEL OUT PUEL OUT until he gets sacked and then within 3 matches of our new manager it'll be exactly the same.

Grow up

Or the sad twats who can't see a bad manager if it snook up behind them and kicked them up the arse.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Take a break... We're 9th... There's a whole bunch of teams below us, all who are worse than us and would give anything to be in our position. Reality check but we aren't a top top side, we occupy the places between relegation and mid table and as such we are near the top of that pile. To be up with Liverpool / Man City requires investment on a scale of epic proportions and that is t happening. Yes we're frustrating, yes we are lacking quality but our position shows Puel knows how to manage what he has to keep us out the drop zone

What the puck does 9th mean in this league, have you seen the teams play in this league outside the to top  6 and Man United, who are shocking.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I really ****ing hate this whole "we can play shit because we are in x position" attitude. The truth of it is our recent form has been rubbish. We are playing some of the most lethargic, boring, tedious football I've ever seen. Are we supposed to look forward to watching that crap? We will soon be in the bottom half and falling if this continues. A scrappy away win and a draw here and there is all we have to look forward to.

What about the Watford game?

24 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Puel says hes not looking for any players...so maybe he cant see it....

In fairness coming out in a press conference saying how desperate you are for a new striker doesn’t exactly give you the best negotiating hand 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Or the sad twats who can't see a bad manager if it snook up behind them and kicked them up the arse.

Yes because hes been such a terrible manager hasn't he? 

Was brought in to guide us from 18th back into mid table and did just that. What a sh*t manager. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

What a load of b0ll ocks, but Puel is what he is passive in nature and the football we're playing is what you're going to get with a passive manager.

The bigger picture is  what our owner want and what us supporters expect, if they're happy with this then fair play, but i think their ambitions are higher then this as are mine as a supporter or we'll end up  with what i hated that, miserable club like Stoke or WBA before they got relegated mid table with empty seats.

Nonsense. This season is obviously a stepping stone, the early stages of a long term rebuild of the club with ambitions to make the league a big 7. But that takes time and patience - spurs have gone from UEFA cup participation and nothing more to champions League qualifiers by trusting Potchetinno over several seasons to build a club with a particular philosophy (just a shame that philosophy is cheat as much as possible).  The way we end up like West Brom or Stoke is by changing the manager every season because we're too impatient to see a project through

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I didn't use it as a point to try and devalue your opinion. Just assumed you'd be at home.

Also not saying that lloris had to make outstanding saves to keep them in the game but gray and ghezzal both had attempts similar to sons goal that had we still had mahrez or someone of his quality would have forced a better save out of lloris or even got us a goal. People dont seem to understand the gulf in class between our squad and those of the top 4.

You say you want the manager to succeed but your asking for him to be sacked???

I'm not saying we should be beating too four teams. It's on the whole. The home games have been poor.  We beat a very poor Huddersfield side on the day, were fortunate to beat Wolves and Watford, both missed a lot of good chances.

Burnley game was poor but obviously had other circumstances so let's leave that one. West Ham game was absolutely dire against ten men for an hour. Woeful at times. 

I want all managers at our club to succeed. I want to be proved wrong. But I don't see it changing. I don't see us improving.

I'll be at every game until the Everton one, supporting the side. But if I feel an opinion needs venting out against Puel I'll continue to air it. Doesn't mean I don't support the club. 

3 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Hope you saw a decent transformation scene! Here, same old, we're still waiting for the Fairy Godmother to find her magic stick

PuellerellaOK.jpg.2a0565f517581e75b5707b873b932d6a.jpg

Iggy Pop hasn't aged well at all.

• Like 1