Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

Not at all integral to the result but this wiping out of history of Alli's dive and the talk of his maturing professionalism is making me reach. The offside not down to him though, down to crap linesman, again BT Sport prefer goals to free kicks so they try to paper over it. I won't have it that they were that good, either the system failed or the players ability to adapt to it, three DM's on the pitch and their midfielders float around unmarked and unchallenged. 

As for the other end, apparantley there is another end, we only had 1 attacking player who was unavailable to us today in Vardy (nuff respect Matty James), so this level of ineffectiveness for a home game was pathetic.

• Like 1

The team is in the top 10. We are were we should seeing what we have to work with. 

I get it's not a good brand of football, but people can't be so mad about losing to Spurs who are a far better team with a fair number of their bench players who can start here.

It's just another day for the "Puel Out" brigade. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly "PUEL IN", but it just feels like time and time again, people are using this to throw more negativity at the team. It's the first lose in more than 6 games. Just relax! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Grow up? So because you disagree with an opinion you tell someone to grow up? Because that's mature. 

I'll have my opinion and you have yours. If you didn't agree with my point then fine, but I'm entitled to a view. 

Are you happy with the style of play? The performance? Lack of creativity? Players out of position? 

Mate, you're sat at home screaming PUEL OUT when we are top 10, 4 points behind man utd. I assume that you think we played much better football when we won the league? With that 40% possession, sitting back and hitting teams on the counter attack? Its not how a top 10 team is supposed to play and that is what puel is trying to change. And yes, you're fully entitled to your opinion. but when its such a f**ing stupid opinion i am 100% going to take the piss out of you for it.

• Like 2

I dont get this "we lost to spurs who are a much better side", that kind of mentality did not win us the league. Spurs arent all that. Puels done some good stuff but im struggling to grasp how far we away from being a good outfit. Could be close or could be miles. We are certainly dull to watch right now.

Edited by bfox

23 minutes ago, Beechey said:

We have so many incredibly ordinary players, it's so painfully apparent

This , people keep blaming Puel but we’ve got a shed load of average players that can’t play how he wants and have been here way before him which I’m sure he wants to get shot of . The team needs a serious rebuild but it’s not going to happen over night . We all know there are countless players that need to go either average shit or too old and stevie wonder could see we need another striker so I am pretty sure Puel does . We can’t get players in until we get rid of some of the garbage . That said I thought at times we played some good football but we just missed that cutting edge 

Edited by baldeagle

The Commentors on BT were shocking biased to the point of embarrasing. Having said that we were ok first half.

You can say what you like about Puel but he's not responsible for players switching off during the Game.The player who cost us the Game was Mendy.

He was at fault for both Goals. The 3 in the middle was working ok until Mandy decided to wait for the half time whistle and switched off.

Then his poor pass led to the second goal even if it was marginally offside.

We did have chances though, but either a poor pass or decision went against us. NDiddi delaying the pass to Nacho just one example.

More work to be done on the training ground.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

You're watching a different game to me. He got enough early crosses in for a decent tall forward to attack and get a hat trick. The problem is we don't have a target man and yet keep lofting balls in to the box as though we do!!

We keep on doing this time and again. Usually Albrighton keeps on crossing to Vardy who surrounded by 3-5 defenders cant do shit about it... today there was no Vards on the pitch but we still kept on shipping these crosses... It does my head in :blink:

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

The Commentors on BT were shocking biased to the point of embarrasing. Having said that we were ok first half.

You can say what you like about Puel but he's not responsible for players switching off during the Game.The player who cost us the Game was Mendy.

He was at fault for both Goals. The 3 in the middle was working ok until Mandy decided to wait for the half time whistle and switched off.

Then his poor pass led to the second goal even if it was marginally offside.

We did have chances though, but either a poor pass or decision went against us. NDiddi delaying the pass to Nacho just one example.

More work to be done on the training ground.

Can you tell me about those chances, cus I didn't see anything that really could give us  a goal?

28 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Not an enjoyable game. We show some nice bits of play and some neat interchanges but it's all irrelevant if the intensity isn't there.

We need to be pressing from the front as a team all the time. 

Agreed. We should have played Okazaki from the start for that reason, and probably Albrighton too for the work he puts in.

Bringing Okazaki on with only 10 mins left and 3 goals down is totally pointless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

Mate, you're sat at home screaming PUEL OUT when we are top 10, 4 points behind man utd. I assume that you think we played much better football when we won the league? With that 40% possession, sitting back and hitting teams on the counter attack? Its not how a top 10 team is supposed to play and that is what puel is trying to change. And yes, you're fully entitled to your opinion. but when its such a f**ing stupid opinion i am 100% going to take the piss out of you for it.

First of all I'm not sat at home. I've missed two league games all season, so my opinion stands and is warranted. I was there tonight

So you base us on where Man Utd are? What have they got to do with it? 

I expect us to play football with some idea and tactics which look like we know what we're doing. Did you think we knew what we were doing second half? Can you tell me the formation at the end of the game and who played where? We had a three wingers on the pitch at one point, and no striker. You think that's acceptable? You like that style and tactics? 

We create nothing at all. Did Lloris  even get stains on his kit? Had nothing to do all game.

I'm not alone in my opinion. Have you read the forum recently? Many people share my view. If you watched the game you'd realise the ground was half empty by the end. Think all those fans share your opinion? 

But we're four points behind Utd so we everything is rosy. Guess it's acceptable that a team like Bournemouth are better than us in your book too

• Like 3