Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

It was crap. No creativity. No urgency. No one in the box. Not committing enough men forward when attacking. There was just nothing about us, our game plan or any of the players tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

To all those saying were 9th please.... could be 17th by early Jan ?‍♂️

That would require at least one of Burnley, Southampton, Huddersfield or Fulham winning at least four games in the next five.

54 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

On way home from the panto So what did I miss??:scarf:?

Things were going wrong that the whole crowd could clearly see but the key performers couldn't and they tried to let them know.

If there was a script, half of the performers either didn't follow it or understand it.

A well established villain was falling over for no reason.

A half human, half horse came on towards the end and ran around a bit.

The line up would have been improved if it was lead by Christopher Biggins but he was unavailable tonight.

The tall handsome character with a Mediterranean accent made an early exit to the disapointment of the watching females.

The finale was disapointing with a less dramatic ending than expected.

So no, you didn't miss anything by going to the panto instead.

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

Can anyone remember the last time we have won when we have been on the box in the league?? Seriously cannot remember which is depressing.?

Ha. Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs so far this season with Man City to come next. 

Two dreadful performances this week against Fulham and Spurs. The Puel brigade will probably jump through hoops to cast blame on anyone but him. Nothing changes there then! Off to Selhurst Park next week hoping he takes the chains off and at least has a go at the opposition.

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

And how many draws? We average about 3 shots a game. The performances are lifeless

A draw against BHA when we were 1-0 down and down to 10 men.

The fulham game I will admit we were pish.

Burnley draw I think we can all look past due to the occasion and the recent tragedy.

And the west ham game from what i can remember we absolutely hammered them and they were lucky to get a draw.

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

To all those saying were 9th please.... could be 17th by early Jan ?‍♂️

We absolutely can't - that requires Burnley, Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Newcastle to go unbeaten, and Cardiff have to play Crystal Palace during that spell. Nor will we be - grow up and stop over egging the doom and gloom of what will be a 7th-10th place finish

11 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

What the puck does 9th mean in this league, have you seen the teams play in this league outside the to top  6 and Man United, who are shocking.

It means we aren't in the bottom 3 which means you ain't moaning like a Fulham fan right now. Be grateful, do you remember what it was like a few years ago when we nearly went down? Winning the league with our quality of team was a fluke, great as it was, enjoy that moment but respect the fact that in the O'Neil ere this would have been considered pretty decent. Spend a billion and we too won't lose every week and play fancy football

It’s sad, but I sometimes hope we can Puel and rocket to the bottom.

Some of this talk is embarassing, and far more so than whatever you think our play is. I’d rather be boring and pick up points than be exciting and lose. Who do we think we’ll get mid-season - really, who? Who will want to come here? Poisoned chalice already. Come on.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Nonsense. This season is obviously a stepping stone, the early stages of a long term rebuild of the club with ambitions to make the league a big 7. But that takes time and patience - spurs have gone from UEFA cup participation and nothing more to champions League qualifiers by trusting Potchetinno over several seasons to build a club with a particular philosophy (just a shame that philosophy is cheat as much as possible).  The way we end up like West Brom or Stoke is by changing the manager every season because we're too impatient to see a project through

I agree, but also Top has a lot of family and business issues on his plate, and is grieving. Puel is going to be fine for the rest of the season. Lets think about how it looks in June. 

At times we see good progress, lets see it a bit more often. Puel in (for a bit anyway!) 

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Puel has a higher percentage of ‘fans’ on here than amongst the 30,000 or so at home games.

Got to be the longest period of time an incoming manager has not had a song!!

The league winning qualities are diminishing.

He has got us playing below ability 

Our ability is lower than you think and always has been.

We won the league on a once in a generation fluke where guts, man management and luck came together in perfect unison. That same side nearly got relegated the year before and struggled to avoid relegation the year after. 

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Even if we're still 9th by mid Jan people will say "to all those saying we're 9th, could be 17th by May"

And come 9th in May it'll be "we'll be in a relegation battle next season". How half the regular posters didn't off themselves during the levein-Holloway years with this sort of reaction is a mystery

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have literally no idea what he is trying to achieve. Everything goes down the flanks before being peppered into a loan striker (if we’re lucky) who is out number and bullied. Mid table or not if we have to keep watching this shit for the next couple of seasons we won’t attract any decent players to lift us up the table and supporters will vote with their feet.

I think his stubbornness will be his downfall. I get that he has his way of playing, I wish I’d been born with a 20 inch cock but some times in life you have to deal with what you’ve been given... anyway your mum said the 18 inches does the job just as well ?

Puck me the amount of soft Leicester City supporters, Puels not bad if you don't want to get relegated. but i expect more. watching the league this year the teams outside the top 6 are dog sh!te and one of them them top 6 teams is Man United who are dog $h!t £.

What do us Leicester fans want, because before my times up, i'd want Leicester to push on and be a great club which to us Leicester boys they already are but i want the world to see that. i went to the same secondary school as Liinker an Heskey and my year was full, like any other year of glory hunting Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, it would be great if just one school year in any Leicester school had a majority Leicester fan base.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Said it at the beginning of the season, this team hasn’t got goals in it. We’re where we are in the league more from luck than anything else. But what can you say after what’s gone on recently.

Which is why we're joint 9th for goals scored (and joint 7th for goals conceded).

2 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I have literally no idea what he is trying to achieve. Everything goes down the flanks before being peppered into a loan striker (if we’re lucky) who is out number and bullied. Mid table or not if we have to keep watching this shit for the next couple of seasons we won’t attract any decent players to lift us up the table and supporters will vote with their feet.

I think his stubbornness will be his downfall. I get that he has his way of playing, I wish I’d been born with a 20 inch cock but some times in life you have to deal with what you’ve been given... anyway your mum said the 18 inches does the job just as well ?

I don’t get this puels style thing. Can someone explain what his style actually is. Is it to do with building a team that somehow manages to compete by scoring the fewest amount of goals ever. I can’t see any style or system whatsoever.

• Like 2