Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Yes because hes been such a terrible manager hasn't he? 

Was brought in to guide us from 18th back into mid table and did just that. What a sh*t manager. 

I think he was brought in to do much more than that and indeed given the money to do much more than that. If you can't see the awful mess he's making of this once great team then there is no hope for you. After that appalling game against Fulham and today's abject surrender. Let me ask you a question when do you see us next picking up 3 points? against Palace ? I doubt it, against Chelsea or Man City not going to happen. 

just watched MOTD definitely unlucky infront of goal some great passes just no one to apply the finishing touch !!

Defending for Ali’s goal was a bit awol and looked rather a touch offside were really missing Vardy when he’s injured we need to fill that void can we find a replacement someone to accompany him when he’s not fit ?

we definitely could have shared the points if we would have had a fully fit side but puell needs to find a few decent players to strengthen us in January!

30 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Not often we play shit in the first half and then play worse in the second. Utterly gutless and toothless from the first minute.

I literally have no idea what the setup was in the second half. Playing no striker at home is a disgrace and the players look utterly confused. Anybody that tries defending that performance needs to give their head a wobble. Awful.

Did we play shit in the first half though? For 44 minutes we looked alright but unsurprisingly struggled when going forward because we had no real striker, we then got undone by a wonder goal, nothing much you can do about that.

What did fans expect tonight? A win? A good performance? I saw what I fully expected to see, a team struggling to create because our one and only striker is out injured, without Vardy we are a crap side.

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I think he was brought in to do much more than that and indeed given the money to do much more than that. If you can't see the awful mess he's making of this once great team then there is no hope for you. 

This "once great team" had Kante and Drinkwater in it who Puel hasn't worked with. It also had Mahrez who from Puel's appointment until his episode in late January was playing some excellent football. He's now gone. He didn't work with a colossus in Huth.

The great team finished in 2016/17 when it played appallingly in virtually every away game until March and didn't looking like scoring for two months. Puel is mediocre, average, uninspiring but he's not worked with a great team.

• Like 2

I left a few minutes earlly because we looked like achieving absolutely nothing after the first 20-25 minutes.

I felt it was a waste of my time and money going this evening, many appear  to have felt the same as for much of the 2nd half the crowd was silent.

...these players can deliver more- when will they?

Edited by LestaAl

Watched this on Telly waiting in anticipation as city build towards an attack and disappointments as nothing comes of it.

its small margins but that extra second ndidi takes to make a potential killer pass or that shot that goes wide when gray could have been more composed it’s stuff like that along with lack of mental & physical sharpness at the back which is hurting us.  I just want to know what the hell goes on in training in the run up to a big home game against a decent (but bearable) team like spurs?  What we all saw is simply not good enough.  Our dear departed chairman had high hopes that we would build upon past successes by becoming better not worse!

agree with everyone that we need a real quality proven striker to add to Vardy.  Guaranteed goals.  Spend the money if we have to.

oh as much as it hurts to say it Morgan saved the bacon today.  Score line could have been worse

• Like 1

Just such a bad lack of orgonisation everywhere. Why the **** does the ball always seem to fall to Ndidi on the edge of the box and he scuffs it into row Z. At least 3/4 times a match he gets a decent opportunity to pop one on target but fails. Is he unstructed to always hang there? If so.. christ

Edited by bfox

Criminal to let them score just before halftime. In the minute before they scored I think Nacho, Mendy and Maddison all needlessly conceded possession - and as for the two trying to stop Aurier's cross, pathetic!

I thought we defended really well until then but once behind I couldn't see how we were going to score. Maddison and Gray have talent but tonight their decision making and precision of execution in the final third was terrible. And as everyone now knows (bar Puel, it seems), Nacho is a waste of space up top on his own and Iborra too slow for this league.

Ricardo, Morgan and Ndidi were our best players, but overall we were just no threat in attack without JV. Depressing night.... even more so when you look at who we've got in the next few fixtures.

11 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I think he was brought in to do much more than that and indeed given the money to do much more than that. If you can't see the awful mess he's making of this once great team then there is no hope for you. After that appalling game against Fulham and today's abject surrender. Let me ask you a question when do you see us next picking up 3 points? against Palace ? I doubt it, against Chelsea or Man City not going to happen. 

This once great team? when exactly were we great? The season we won the league was a one off and weve lost 3 of our stand out players from that season. Puel has had one summer of transfers where he had no choice but to sell mahrez and obviously was not going to find a direct replacement for him. You have to give him time to build a team that suits his style.

Why cant we beat palace?

25 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

It means we aren't in the bottom 3 which means you ain't moaning like a Fulham fan right now. Be grateful, do you remember what it was like a few years ago when we nearly went down? Winning the league with our quality of team was a fluke, great as it was, enjoy that moment but respect the fact that in the O'Neil ere this would have been considered pretty decent. Spend a billion and we too won't lose every week and play fancy football

Be content with mediocrity no chance mate, but i want Leicester to go down as greats before my times up and after, we all have different ambitions if  you had your way we'd be league one still.

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Did we play shit in the first half though? For 44 minutes we looked alright but unsurprisingly struggled when going forward because we had no real striker, we then got undone by a wonder goal, nothing much you can do about that.

What did fans expect tonight? A win? A good performance? I saw what I fully expected to see, a team struggling to create because our one and only striker is out injured, without Vardy we are a crap side.

What is your definition of ‘alright’ it was coming for spurs, they didn’t get out of 3rd gear but it was always coming. All we did was keep giving the ball back to them. They didn’t have to work hard for theor 3 points... away from home in the premier league, that is pathetic.

We allow teams to feel their way into the game every week.

No aggression, turgid football 

49 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Nonsense. This season is obviously a stepping stone, the early stages of a long term rebuild of the club with ambitions to make the league a big 7. But that takes time and patience - spurs have gone from UEFA cup participation and nothing more to champions League qualifiers by trusting Potchetinno over several seasons to build a club with a particular philosophy (just a shame that philosophy is cheat as much as possible).  The way we end up like West Brom or Stoke is by changing the manager every season because we're too impatient to see a project through

Go sleep lad you must be from the outskirs of Leicester, hahahhahhahahhahah

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

i think he needs the jan window to sort out what he needs and hopefully the gets in a striker or 2. I can’t see him being sacked this season after what has happened In the last few weeks I think as long as we are floating between 10-14 spot. If it’s crosses into the box he wants us to play then he needs a big man in the box to be on the end of it or need to just cut it out as it’s no use with vardy or nacho on there own. We are a mid table team at the minute and unfortunately means we won’t be great every week I know people are bored of his football maybe he knows he can’t play the way he wants until he gets a few more players in jan.

The team was set up for containment, not expecting to have much of the ball. The only positive result we could have expected would be 0-0. Once they scored we had the wrong shape to get back into it. The tweeks came too late and we were panicky in trying to force something as we ran out of time. Should have reacted to goal by making half time change and give them something new to think about.

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

What is your definition of ‘alright’ it was coming for spurs, they didn’t get out of 3rd gear but it was always coming. All we did was keep giving the ball back to them. They didn’t have to work hard for theor 3 points... away from home in the premier league, that is pathetic.

We allow teams to feel their way into the game every week.

No aggression, turgid football 

For 44 minutes I had no complaints, we were in the game, Spurs though suddenly started to knock it around with more tempo and they undone us thanks to a wonder goal.

But as I said what did fans expect tonight?

We've seen already this season when Iheanacho has to lead the line on his own we are crap, without Vardy we are pretty much relegation fodder. Without Vardy for the first half against Brighton we were shit, he came on and changed the game. Without Vardy against Fulham we were shit, luckily we managed to scrape a draw.

Without Vardy my expectations were seriously low tonight, I fully expected a loss, I fully expected a frustratingly poor performance, that's what we got.

Fans get frustrated but at the end of the day what do we expect, when we have to rely on Iheanacho, Gray and Okazaki to lead our line.

Spurs are better than us. 

They won without their best two players.

We were without our best forward

Only Nacho, had a stinker for us

Kaspers kicking was crap

Our defenders all performed well. 

Son who is Spurs second choice striker, would walk into our team.

it was exactly what I expected.

Its gone, move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I think we have some very ordinary players, stick a decent attacking midfielder to play with Madison and a decent striker and we'd be a different team

People seem to think our side is the best outside the top 6. Reality is a few of our starters would be on the bench at any other side between 7th and 13th.

• Like 1