Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, martyn said:

That was absolutely ridiculous I agree, but just a manifestation of the frustration with Nacho which had built as the half went on.

I dont really want to tell a stadium of people that they're wrong, but i feel people are too quick to turn against him. Doesnt help.

Maddison was very wasteful today, trying complicated things when the simple will do. People seem to pick sides before kick off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Shout out to the ref as well. You can disagree with various decisions (no action on that full back trying to snap Chilwell in half) or think we got away with some (Evans not getting even a talking to for being high and late from behind early on), but I've never seen a lino and ref so incompetent as to watch a keeper run not just out of play but off the strip of grass behind the goal, and think he didn't carry the ball out of play. 

Honestly they lost me with some of their decision making tonight. Chilwell isn't what I'd call a complainer and he was screaming at the official all night for what they were missing.

Literally nothing was given for us tonight. The dive, various fouls now punished, the Alli offside to name a couple. 

How we end up with the shit refs consistently is incredible

2 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Just because you've been to the KP doesn't qualify you as a reputable pundit.

Comparing us to United as they are a consistent top 6 team which is where Puel is looking to take us.

After the first 2 changes it was 4-3-3 with gray as the striker albrighton and ghezzal on the wings.

We created more chances and had more shots on target than spurs, so in that cases i assume scheichels kit wont need washing either.

And the reason why bournemouth are currently doing better than us is probably because theyve stuck with a manager for 5 or so years now, allowed him to build a team he wants. let him have multiple opportunities without just sacking him and the fans back him. Why? probably because they understand that they aren't expected to push into the top 4 of the table so when they have bad results like their 4-0 thumping they got at home tonight against liverpool they dont all go on to their forums and call for eddie howes head. they move on to the next game and support their team like actual fans.

So why raise the point that I might be sat at home like that devalues the opinion? 

Stats can support anything. More shots on target being a prime one. Can you remember them being good saves? I can't. Weak shots at best. At fulham it was the same. Don't create chances .

Wanting the manager to go doesn't mean I don't support the team like anyone else. We all want the manager to succeed but he's far from doing that. I'm talking about performances alone here. They haven't been good enough. Especially at home we are so poor. 

That's my opinion and I really hope I can change it but I will say what i think and couldn't care if you disagree

• Like 1

Having calmed down now, we weren't as bad as some have made us out to be. The formation/system was working well and we looked a threat and were nullifying them for large periods. A few individual mistakes by Mendy and the officials let us down today.

But our lack of depth upfront has begun to painfully show this season. Those shouting for Slimani to be back, check yourselves. He's trash in the Turkish league and won't make it here. Ulloa had aged and wasn't the same impact he used to have. They needed to be moved on, we just haven't replaced them sufficiently 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I won't comment on the rest of the post because I agree with your opinion in general, only underlining this part, because of this 'feel good' argument about how good it is to be so close to 7th place at this point of the season which more optimistic pro-Puel fans bring up every time someone voices his doubts over Puel...

Yes, we are top half... NOW. Next up, Palace away,  Man City, Chelsea, Cardiff, Everton. I hate to sound pessimistic guys but I just don't see us top half and this close to 7th at the end of the month.

Totally agree. 

See where we are in new year. Although I would happily prioritise the cup games this season I think. About time we made a semi

27 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This , people keep blaming Puel but we’ve got a shed load of average players that can’t play how he wants and have been here way before him which I’m sure he wants to get shot of . The team needs a serious rebuild but it’s not going to happen over night . We all know there are countless players that need to go either average shit or too old and stevie wonder could see we need another striker so I am pretty sure Puel does . We can’t get players in until we get rid of some of the garbage . That said I thought at times we played some good football but we just missed that cutting edge 

Puel says hes not looking for any players...so maybe he cant see it....

Just now, peterborofox said:

So why raise the point that I might be sat at home like that devalues the opinion? 

Stats can support anything. More shots on target being a prime one. Can you remember them being good saves? I can't. Weak shots at best. At fulham it was the same. Don't create chances .

Wanting the manager to go doesn't mean I don't support the team like anyone else. We all want the manager to succeed but he's far from doing that. I'm talking about performances alone here. They haven't been good enough. Especially at home we are so poor. 

That's my opinion and I really hope I can change it but I will say what i think and couldn't care if you disagree

I didn't use it as a point to try and devalue your opinion. Just assumed you'd be at home.

Also not saying that lloris had to make outstanding saves to keep them in the game but gray and ghezzal both had attempts similar to sons goal that had we still had mahrez or someone of his quality would have forced a better save out of lloris or even got us a goal. People dont seem to understand the gulf in class between our squad and those of the top 4.

You say you want the manager to succeed but your asking for him to be sacked???

• Like 1

Some of the reaction has been way over the top. we weren't that bad. we limited spurs to one good chance, can't do much about their first. The attack was pretty toothless, but always is when Vardy isn't playing. nacho wasting his golden chance to usurp Vardy as #9. Disappointing night but not awful. 

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Needed Shinji from the onset.

We had him from the outset against Brighton and he was shit-nji.

Wish we had someone else not as dreadful as Nacho, but Shinji's best role is arguably as a late high-impact sub. He was breathing heavily by added time.

7 minutes ago, Adster said:

Got what we deserved today. Our moronic fans do not do us any favours either. I will NEVER understand the idiocy of fans chanting the stupid 2 horse race song against a team that are much better than us. As a player, it'll motivate them greatly to get out of first gear, which is exactly what they did. 

The sheer amount of stupid, immature, middle aged men sarcastically cheering when Iheanacho went off was also embarassing. What degenerate seriously thinks that cheering him like that when going off is going to motivate him to play better for us? If they left work and were sarcastically cheered by their boss, would they come in the next day and put in a productive shift? No. I get he's not playing the best at the monent, but is it really going to help? No. Our fans are absolutely ****ing moronic and it makes me cringe. 

Point 2 100% agree. And agree we as a fanbase have a decent number of mouth breathers.

Point 1 though? Fans can't engage in some playful mockery about denying a team their biggest chance to win the league (and dont forget the whole "We're coming for you" and lions nonsense. We absolutely should be chanting this at Spurs. These are premier League players, it's not extra motivation.

Not one to get on puel’s back, but have to agree with those slating his decision, poor management tonight.

We still can’t escape the fact we have an average manager, with an average team, littered with players over payed for their abilities,  and not anywhere near being classed as anything other than average players, with little class, so when a average mid table side like us play the top six, we are not good enough.

Add into that a very negative tactical manager, who insists on 1 up top, and two defensive minded midfielders, tonight with Iborra you could argue 3, it’s little wonder we are boring to watch, and create very little.

Puel will keep us safely mid table, but **** it I’ve turned now, poor against the leagues whipping boys mid week, no ambition to have a go at big teams, boring football, I’m bored, and unless he dramatically improves the entertainment value, I’d change in the summer, as we are likely to finish 9 th to 10 th, no improvement in progression as a team, and bored to death at the same time.

I’m sure we could find a manager who can make us more exciting, and still finish where we are doing, because I’ve always been one for if we lose, let’s at least lose having a right go.

• Like 1

We were beaten by a far superior team. Which is an evil thing to think considering we’ve actually won the league and spuds haven’t. You can sugar coat it all you like with “we didn’t play that badly” but we lost.... and didn’t look like ever scoring. Things need to change, otherwise our regression will continue. 

Were being captained by the drunken sailor, who frankly hasn’t a ****ing clue what he’s doing. 

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Puel says hes not looking for any players...so maybe he cant see it....

Except he obviously is. What do you want him to say - yeah we're desperate for new players and will be spending loads in January? Because that's how you end up paying £20m for £10m quality players

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Hartson's justification for allowing Alli's goal was quite something. Apparently, he should get the benefit of the doubt in that situation. Yeah, only issue being that there is no doubt in that situation. Half his body was offside, if he was leaning slightly then maybe but it is clearly offside.

Let's hope he isn't on the VAR panel next season.

Agreed, but it was the whole way through the Game right from the off as if we had no right to be challenging Spurs.

We were well in it until Mandy was waiting for the half time whistle. He reacted too late to Song then made no effort to win the Ball.

Had N Diddi played in Nacho a little quicker we possibly could have gone one up. Small margins decide games at this level.

45 minutes ago, FIF said:

Perhaps don't get a ST next year. You certainly seem to have lost your love for the game and the club. You'll probably improve your life by leaving football for awhile.

No way! And miss this fantastique football?!

No complaints from me anymore!

Tres bien!

• Haha 1

Not often we play shit in the first half and then play worse in the second. Utterly gutless and toothless from the first minute.

I literally have no idea what the setup was in the second half. Playing no striker at home is a disgrace and the players look utterly confused. Anybody that tries defending that performance needs to give their head a wobble. Awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Come on, that was poor In the second half.  Puel did nothing infact what he did made things worse

Take a break... We're 9th... There's a whole bunch of teams below us, all who are worse than us and would give anything to be in our position. Reality check but we aren't a top top side, we occupy the places between relegation and mid table and as such we are near the top of that pile. To be up with Liverpool / Man City requires investment on a scale of epic proportions and that is t happening. Yes we're frustrating, yes we are lacking quality but our position shows Puel knows how to manage what he has to keep us out the drop zone

• Like 2