Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

Midfiels is an area that does not need more players, particularly given Choudury is looking a decent player and Barnes will be playing next season. DD has not even played for Chelsea this season in PL or League Cup. If Chelsea pay most of his wages, I could only see him leaving for a team at bottom of PL or chasing for promotion in Championship.

People take advice and make decisions on that advice against their better judgement, and there is regret. As a club we benefited £30m but lost part of a team that we sadly didn't replace properly (yet!)

However, what Drinky needs to do is find a club where he can play football. get back to doing what he's capable of.

Sadly it wouldn't work for him to come back. He'd have history hanging over him, and that's an unnecessary weight on what would be dependant shoulders.

For us to progress we need to keep moving forward. 

For me, with us reducing our CM wage bill, we need to consolidate and get an CM upgrade that fits the need of the team without too much need to adapt (or at all).

• Like 1

DD is not what we need and not a gamble we can make. I'd only be happy if we could get him in the region of 2-5 Mill no more.

If we could get him on a loan and only pay 5 or 10% of his wages that could be worth the risk.

• Like 1

We have and have had players who have enjoyed a massive signing on fee, silly wage, enjoyed the life at the club, area suits their families and extended their careers as not played.

Not at all worried about playing, turn down loans and happy for their contract to tick by whilst saving their knees and taking the money.

Drinky seems to be made of better stuff but a £90k contract until he's 32 @ 28!!   Why take less?

14 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Midfiels is an area that does not need more players, particularly given Choudury is looking a decent player and Barnes will be playing next season.

That would mean we still only had one attacking midfielder.

Midfield is an area that needs a lot of attention.

All of the league winning players are legends in my eyes, for their contribution in making my wildest dream come true... but DD isn't anywhere close to the player we had 3 seasons ago.

It wouldn't actually be that much different to re-signing Robert Huth. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

Just now, reynard said:

Serious question but is there actually a serious and credulous link to the possibility of this happening or are 8 pages based upon hot air?

Hahhahahahaa. Why did you even need to ask?

• Haha 1