Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

Tightened up at the back and lost all ability to score. Theres so many things that Puel irritates me about but if he doesn't bring in some more creativity and attacking options next month then its unforgivable and he's got to go. I know the club are still struggling to come to terms with the loss of Vichai, but I cant see him still being our manager next season.

Tuesday is a massive game, if we get knocked out which is highly likely then the next few weeks could be revolting.

• Like 2

we lose a couple of games and this pops up again, this forum really hates puel.

Guys pearson is not coming back, and neither is claudio.

The football is a lot better than it was under shakespeare.

We lost our most gifted player, this was always going to impact our forward play and ability to score, yet this same forum had so many people saying mahrez is overhyped and we wouldnt notice him go.

I was actually predicting us to be fighting for 17th, so the fact we mid table without mahrez has actually impressed me.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, smr said:

after watching our last few games i've pretty much come to the conclusion that our players simply aren't made for the style of football puel wants.

in other words, the players aren't playing to their own strengths, but trying to play to puel's. So it's not working.

I think we need to go back to basics and do away with all this passing and keeping the ball, just get counter attacking a lot more and have a ****ing shot on goal.

According to the official stats we had plenty of shots on goal and had more shots on goal than the home team.

In terms of counter attack I am not saying I disagree with you on that, but it has to be done right.

The players that thrived on counter attack before?

Kante - gone

Shinji - still here, but ageing

Vardy - still here, but ageing

Kasper - still here

Drinkwater - gone

Fuchs - still here but ageing

Mahrez - gone, I miss you

Albrighton - still here

For counter to work you need to be able to defend, as part of the strategy is soaking up pressure.  Need ball winning players, ideally ball winning players should also be good at driving the ball forward, kante was just perfect for that.  Good first touch is essential., nacho is out for that. Its also high energy, and we clearly had a problem motivating players after winning the title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Obvious now players are not playing for him. 

Please please get rid. Can't take any more of his horrendous football. 

I thought they tried hard yesterday it’s just that some of them aren’t very good , losing 3-0 or 4-0 would make your point valid for me but over all players tried they just didn’t look good enough , we should have scored but didn’t 

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We lost our most gifted player, this was always going to impact our forward play and ability to score, yet this same forum had so many people saying mahrez is overhyped and we wouldnt notice him go.

I was actually predicting us to be fighting for 17th, so the fact we mid table without mahrez has actually impressed me.

This !!!!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tightened up at the back and lost all ability to score. Theres so many things that Puel irritates me about but if he doesn't bring in some more creativity and attacking options next month then its unforgivable and he's got to go. I know the club are still struggling to come to terms with the loss of Vichai, but I cant see him still being our manager next season.

Tuesday is a massive game, if we get knocked out which is highly likely then the next few weeks could be revolting.

He took madison off at ht for tactical reasons.....  nuff sed

Not a fan of Puel. But Leicester were always in for a struggle once guys like Kante and Mahrez were out. They've done decently well so far to be there in a midtable position. I reckon Leicester need to stick with Puel for this next season too. He's not a guy who's gonna upset the applecart too much. Get the scenes behind in order(especially post Vichai) and then look to hire a replacement for Puel if he's not delivering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sithbaare said:

Not a fan of Puel. But Leicester were always in for a struggle once guys like Kante and Mahrez were out. They've done decently well so far to be there in a midtable position. I reckon Leicester need to stick with Puel for this next season too. He's not a guy who's gonna upset the applecart too much. Get the scenes behind in order(especially post Vichai) and then look to hire a replacement for Puel if he's not delivering.

I am getting a new girlfriend next year but i will keep the wife on coz she does a nice xmas roast 

Also when considering that shakespeare, claudio and pearson also all had access to ulloa as well and he is a definite miss as well now, he was always an alternative option and was probably our best header of the ball as well.  Whilst puel has a donkey in nacho as a option instead, with an older vardy and shinji as the 2 other strikers.

3 minutes ago, Sithbaare said:

Just because we lost two good players doesn’t mean we should all settle for mediocrity at best.

Puel isn’t getting anywhere near the best out of this team and I can not see that changing. For that reason he should go.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am getting a new girlfriend next year but i will keep the wife on coz she does a nice xmas roast 

LOL. It's just that you don't have many viable options in the middle of the season. Also, Need to stabilize the management post-Vichai before you can really point a finger at Puel. I'm not a fan of his style of play at all. It's tight at the back but there's no freedom to counterattack and neither do Leicester have the players to counter. Vardy is one but he's aging quickly.

But if you guys were to replace Puel at the end of the season, I'd love you guys to have Rafa. He'll have the team setup to dig deep, have good tactical defence and also have pace and directness in Counterattack. He's also loyal to the club he's employed for and does a lot of work for the youth academy and all too. The way i see it, He's leaving Newcastle at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

.Eight signings and still an unbalanced looking squad. He's had two windows. 

We all know January is a difficult window to work in, how many big signings happen then? But fine, we count it and he's trying to undo the rubbish of Summer 16, Jan 17 and Summer 17. Two big summer windows where the money was wasted on massive contracts for players who aren't that good or don't suit English football. That takes time to fix, and Puels transfer policy so far is what every fan has been calling out for since Jan 16 - more than one right back at the club, an actual number 10, some centre backs who don't treat the ball like a grenade. The transfer policy is good, it's the bits in-between the windows that is mediocre

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

All I can say is you must be easily impressed!

12 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Really? I think he's been good, defence as a unit always looks better when he plays. Need an organiser in there, Morgan and Maguire are headless chickens together.

But the defence hasn't been the problem....Wrong stick to beat him with..!!

16 minutes ago, Sithbaare said:

We had this with Bloomfield and with Milne. Fans were not happy with what they saw as a mediocre mid-table position, so they clamoured to get the manager out. Of course the team was then relegated the following season.

Unless there is a viable "super-manager" we can nab, better stay with the devil you know.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Also when considering that shakespeare, claudio and pearson also all had access to ulloa as well and he is a definite miss as well now, he was always an alternative option and was probably our best header of the ball as well.  Whilst puel has a donkey in nacho as a option instead, with an older vardy and shinji as the 2 other strikers.

Do you really think that Puel has had his options sold from underneath him?

In this situation if he had any plan to go a bit more direct for the last 15 mins then Iborra would be that option but instead as it is he would rather spend time with us crossing aimlessly to Vardy or bloody Gray! 

Claude is too stubborn to adapt to what he has and instead wants to change the way we play without playing to our key players strengths. He’s done.

• Like 3

Just doesn’t seem to match up with the club. I admire his work behind the scenes but on the field we lack any sort of bite. I wouldn’t be against him seeing out the season if need me as we won’t go down anyway but I don’t see his stay lasting much longer 

I’ve personally been quite vocal backing Puel until recent weeks and I don’t want to get nasty and over react, but I feel we’re now going backwards and Puel’s got to be skating on thin ice. I think people forget just how shite we were when he took over and how he’s done some good work here.

But 100% time for a change I think.

16 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Position in the table is alright. Results are poor. Performances are diabolical.

I used to be smiling or annoyed all weekend, depending on whether Leicester won or lost. Now I'm just indifferent at either result. That's the Puel effect. 

Puel out. I want to love football again.

For the first time ever, I'm keener to watch other teams, rather than us, and that's not right. I enjoy watching Man City toy with the opposition, I know the Liverpool Man U match will be entertaining. By contrast, when I went to the pub to watch the Spurs match, it felt like more a sense of duty, and there turned out to be so little to get excited about.   You can say, yes we won't go down, we could somehow progress in the Cup, but I long for the days when you quickened your pace as you got near the ground, really excited for the match to start.