Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

2 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I'd be quite happy to see him go, but unless there is anyone lined up, now is not the time to sack him. Best to wait until end of the season and if the generally mediocre football continues, then is best time. (Having seen his comment about iheanacho, comparing a striker to a goalkeeper - in that there is only one - suggests it's unlikely there will be changes to the style of play.) 

We won't hold on to the quality players we do have if this continues.

• Like 1

Guy on RL wanted Puel out and Allardyce in! All the more reason to keep Puel if that's the alternative. That said, taking off Maddison for Ghezzal when Maddie wasn't injured, beggars belief and that in itself calls into question his tactical nouse. CP said he was trying to change things up. Didn't do anything, did it?

Give him the transfer window and see who comes in. I doubt it will be anyone special, if anyone at all. If that's the case, get rid. 

Edited by Parafox

If he is too inflexible to see how we fare with a 3-4-1-2 formation (which would surely play to the team's strengths - it worked brilliantly in the first half at Arsenal... before he weirdly ditched it!) then he deserves to go for rank stubbornness alone.

For me he has to go, I don't think nacho is a poor player yet he isn't playing for us, I think this is down to bad management, I think Vardy isn't happy - Puel again, I think his signings are balanced good/bad, his persistence with his formation though even if it's clearly failing, his baffling substitutions, I think we could do better.

• Thanks 1

I'm horrified by who we would appoint if we sacked him. I'm not a fan at all but look at this list 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Berizzo is the only semi-realistic option that I'd want. Can't imagine the club would go for him given that our last appointments have either already managed us, applied for the job or was available after being saved by a comparable side a few months beforehand.

I have read on here a number of reasons to keep him. 

He is always better in his 2nd season. He needs a transfer window to get things right blah blah blah.

We are worse off than this time last season (position and points). He has already had 2 transfer windows, what makes anybody think he is going to perform a miracle by getting it right this time?

Get rid and start again before it's too late. Could go wrong like Southampton but this bollocks we have been watching is getting worse not better.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Maybe what it says is that since the title win, a section of our support have got the idea that we are a sleeping giant of a club that belongs in the top six by right.

Do you not remember the days before 2016? Be careful what you wish for.

Why do people push that in peoples faces all the time?

Most on here want a bit of entertainment and excitement. Has nothing to do with the title win. Anyway even if you were right (which in the main I believe you are wrong) so what. At least they want what is best for the club which is not what we are getting at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m indifferent really, I still like him and would be happy for him to continue but if the club think they have someone better lined up then I’d not shed a tear. 

History shows us, the club never sound potential managers out before pulling the trigger (I’m not sure they even compile a shortlist), which is as much a reason as any I’d prefer it to be done over a summer break.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Give him the window I say, I think he knows what he needs... takes time to build a team... Rome wasn’t built in a day 

In the last window he bought 4 defenders and let 3 forwards go leaving us with 1 proven striker, i think that says all we need to know. No more please 

5 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

In the last window he bought 4 defenders and let 3 forwards go leaving us with 1 proven striker, i think that says all we need to know. No more please 

Are you counting Mahrez as a forward? If so you have to acknowledge that he bought Maddison in as forward right? 

I’m sure with hindsight we would all like to realise Iheanacho was just not going to cut it but he is still better than Leo, and slimani was a timebomb. It’s a bit misleading that stat, and I think you knew it when you posted it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

Prior to the title win, just being in the Prem would have been enough to make people happy - mid-table with no chance of relegation and in the QF of the League Cup would have been viewed as a success.

That's why.

Rubbish. People want more entertainment thats why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Are you counting Mahrez as a forward? If so you have to acknowledge that he bought Maddison in as forward right? 

I’m sure with hindsight we would all like to realise Iheanacho was just not going to cut it but he is still better than Leo, and slimani was a timebomb. It’s a bit misleading that stat, and I think you knew it when you posted it.

Leo  slimani and musa, ok they weren't top notch but gave us a plan b. Now we haven't got an option at all

3 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Leo  slimani and musa, ok they weren't top notch but gave us a plan b. Now we haven't got an option at all

Bloody hell, I forgot musa. Not much of a plan B though, that’s why the previous managers got the bullet.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Buce said:

Prior to the title win, just being in the Prem would have been enough to make people happy - mid-table with no chance of relegation and in the QF of the League Cup would have been viewed as a success.

That's why.

'Prior to the title win' was then. This is now. Times have changed, as have expectations.

Which is understandable, is it not, given that we won the title, reached the quarter finals of the Champions League and spent over £100m in the last transfer window alone.

We were an ambitious, forward-reaching club under Vichai, and Top has promised to build on his father's legacy.

Once we aim lower, we will end up lower. Are you more comfortable with that? I doubt Top is.

NB Look at Man City now and where they were a few years ago. I can't see their fans subscribing to your argument, so why should we?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2