Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

19 minutes ago, l444ry said:

You seriously comparing Martin under George/Elsom with Puel under King Power?

No. 

I’m pointing out that we finished mid-table and won the League Cup, something the OP finds unacceptable under Puel. 

11 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

1968 surely not I was a mere child.Good though wasn't it .When was the Len Glover cross bar episode must have been later.

Yep, I remember it as being the year before they beat us in the final. It was a replay, iirc. 

No idea about Lenny and the crossbar. 

1 minute ago, Buce said:

No. 

I’m pointing out that we finished mid-table and won the League Cup, something the OP finds unacceptable under Puel. 

Sorry mate. Was on your side and attempting sarcasm...………….and failing!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This will be the time he'll give Choudhury his first game of the season and he'll be absolutely shocking. 1-3 loss.

Part of me hopes this will happen for no tactical reasons but just because it would provide some mild, sick amusement. Man City, Chelsea then Man City again. Thank god I've got some Baggies games to look forward to this Christmas.

Thanks Buce the 42000 attendance was impressive cpmpared to today(bearing in mind Len Shipman probably trousered another couple of thou) .I was hanging on the wire fence at the side of the kop.

Graham Cross is president of Kirby Golf Club this year.John Sjoberg passed away a good few years back.

• Like 1

A cup will be our best chance to get into Europe. On Saturday, City has KDB, Zinchenko, Foden and Sterling on the bench, expect them to be raring to go.

hope Puel plays our best team and we give it a good go, unlike last year. Would love to put one over that smug tw*t  Guardiola.

but you know 

leicester 0-2 Man City 

Ward                                                          OR Okazaki in for Madders.

Ricardo     Morgan      Evans     Chilwell

Iborra        Mendy

Ghezzal        Madders            Gray

Vardy

Wouldn't risk Maguire, Nacho is useless, Ndidi won't last against City, Ghezzal looked our best player last game,   Ward is a brick wall half the time and great in shootouts, Morgan and Evans play great together, Iborra is very experienced and a good CDM (should play him more)

Edited by H.a.r.r.y

We shall go on to the end,

We shall fight on the seas and oceans,

We shall fight with growing confidence in the air ( Evans and Maguire ),

We shall defend our club whatever the costs may be,

We shall fight on the beaches,

We shall fight on the landing grounds,

We shall fight in the fields and the streets,

We shall fight in the hills,

We shall never surrender.

… worth a try Puel … it's getting desperate.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2018 at 21:02, dyanmark said:

Anyone else remember us beating these 4 3 in the cup way back cold foggy midweek evening and Len Glover nearly breaking the crossbar with a shot .1978ish

that was the replay, the first game was at Maine Road that ended 0-0. I was at both games, the replay being a fantastic evening. The year was 1968 and Glover was not playing then.

Leicesters team was Shilton, Rodrigues, Bell, Roberts, Cross, Sjoberg, Fern, Nish, Large, Stringfellow, Gibson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

For a quarter final this is poor 

More realisation by the fans that we pretty much have no chance.

That's how people feel about the side at the moment. We don't have a go anymore. 

I don't blame people for not going. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 4

Its my birthday and im going out :beer: and tbh and i feel really sad to say this... Im glad i won't be watching the game... ye ye plastic .. 

However I shall look forward to reading the 'positive' match thread and subsequent Puel in/out poll when i get home. 

2-1 loss :S 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Give an example. He put a team everyone thought was strong out last round, I think it will be the same. 

Yes he did and what followed was one of the dullest performances I’ve had the misfortune to see, play like that against Man City and they’ll beat us comfortably, I’ve not got a clue what the answer is!

43 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

That's how people feel about the side at the moment. We don't have a go anymore. 

That is the worst part isn’t it

we just don’t even have a go anymore

hope we have a right old go at them 

will Puel try and set up in a way to have a right old go? Probably not

49 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Our League Cup attendances, even under O'Neill, weren't anything special before the semi-finals. We managed 13k for a quarter-final against Fulham in 2000. To be getting 30k as we have been in recent seasons is a great effort.

• Like 2

Regardless of our own team's/manager's inadequacies and ineptitude right now, their 2nd-string side is still ridiculously good.

They could drop so many of their players and still have a better side than most in the league.

Take out Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Walker and they could bring in Aguero, Jesus, De Bruyne, Stones, Kompany, Gundogan, Mendy. And then you have youngsters like Zinchenko, Diaz and Foden who could get in to most teams as well in this league.

Got a feeling they'll start with Aguero and De Bruyne though to give them more match fitness after their injuries. Mahrez will definitely play either this game or the league game.

It sounds rather defeatist but I'm not even bothered about what side we put out. It's like we've got an impossible task to beat these.

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Regardless of our own team's/manager's inadequacies and ineptitude right now, their 2nd-string side is still ridiculously good.

They could drop so many of their players and still have a better side than most in the league.

Take out Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Walker and they could bring in Aguero, Jesus, De Bruyne, Stones, Kompany, Gundogan, Mendy. And then you have youngsters like Zinchenko, Diaz and Foden who could get in to most teams as well in this league.

Got a feeling they'll start with Aguero and De Bruyne though to give them more match fitness after their injuries. Mahrez will definitely play either this game or the league game.

It sounds rather defeatist but I'm not even bothered about what side we put out. It's like we've got an impossible task to beat these.

Positive is though that they are struggling with injuries with De Bruyne quite a way off top form. Plus with Liverpool winning yesterday the pressure really is on with the premiership and every match for them at the moment is a must win. I expect similar to last year, that they will give a bit of a half-hearted attempted, but hopefully this time we will go out full strength and make the most of it. I seem to recall last year we didn't even bring on Mahrez and Vardy until about 20 mins from the end...