Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

Just now, Always Next Year said:

You forgot give a goal away.

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Dowm the line

Cross to nobody 

Repeat.

2 minutes before half time, concede a goal.

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Backwards

Sideways

Sideways

Dowm the line

Cross to nobody 

Repeat.

bring shinji on for all the high balls into the box in the last five minutes 

then tell everyone how much intensity and quality the team showed 

repeat

• Like 1

What is the record defeat in this competition? If they play anythoing like their first team and we play our reserves it could well be beaten. Still Claude has a cunning plan, probably as convincing as one by Baldrick. Perhaps if we stand in a rigid square for 90 minutes and pass it sideways and backwards to each other we might make it to a penalty shoot out.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, no chance that it's a secondary cup competition that usually gets relatively poor attendance a week before Christmas that's affecting it. Must be the manager :rolleyes:

Just as a point - the 99/2000 run had Leeds at home in this tournament 10 days before Christmas, attendance 16k (73% of capacity). 24k is 75% of capacity. So, par the course? 

No, there's definitely some merit in what he said. I would normally go to this but i just cant be arsed. Cant really afford it, but that never stopped me before. 

There has been too many home games too close together in December, especially after so few in November,and too many shit ones.

I have been actively puel in,but when my mate texted me to say he's  struggling to keep defending him now, i thought about it and realised i SHOULD be feeling the same, but i cant even be arsed to make a decision like that.

Anyway, here's hoping tomorow is one of those special games and we can win the cup, but zero expectations, and i wont lose any sleep if he does get the sack.

The sad thing is it may have gone too far already that even if we win the cup it wont be enough for some. It will be for me.

Having not scored a goal in open play to get this far (some people were actually lauding the fact we were in the QF ffs) but winning those two games, it would be nothing short of disgraceful to be in a semi final.

No doubt Puel, the world’s luckiest manager will shithouse a win against all the odds.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

12 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Having not scored a goal in open play to get this far (some people were actually lauding the fact we were in the QF ffs) but winning those two games, it would be nothing short of disgraceful to be in a semi final.

No doubt Puel, the world’s luckiest manager will shithouse a win against all the odds.

I assume you were on holiday for the Fleetwood game?

• Haha 3

Surprised you are not more confident about this game.   

Manchester City have had a lot of games recently and a lot of injuries.  They are just returning but the players (eg KDB and Aguero) still rusty.

Our man in form is Sane but I think he will very likely be on the bench as he has played a lot of football recently.

I think we'll rest Ederson and play our young reserve keeper Muric (Bravo injured).

------------------------Muric

Walker--------Stones------Kompany-------Zinchenko

-----Foden-----------Delph--------Bernado

-------Sterling------Aguero--------Mahrez

I think de Bruyne will also play half an hour.  He made his return off the bench against Everton at the weekend but has been out fo such a long time there's no chance he will play more than an hour and probably much less.

Man City are not at our fluent best at the moment due to injuries and a lot of games but our injured players are all coming back now.  

Best wishes.  Hope it's a good game.

Are you guys being a little unfair on Puel?  As a neutral you don't appear to be doing that badly.  Losing Mahrez was a big blow.   He's getting better at City.  Starting to integrate into the side a lot better and the other players are reading his play a lot better.

You might think perhaps we didn't need him but 2nd half of the season is going to get seriously draining and we'll need to rotate squad every week.  If Liverpool think they can play Salah, Firmino and Mane every week they are going to be in for disappointment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

In the unlikely event that we do get to Wembley I expect to see you carry Puel out onto the pitch in an act of appreciation and gratitude ;) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Is it being dropped, or is it resting our main striker whose been having trouble with his groin for a while? 

I'd rather rest him at Chelsea than tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Naz said:

Surprised you are not more confident about this game.   

Manchester City have had a lot of games recently and a lot of injuries.  They are just returning but the players (eg KDB and Aguero) still rusty.

Our man in form is Sane but I think he will very likely be on the bench as he has played a lot of football recently.

I think we'll rest Ederson and play our young reserve keeper Muric (Bravo injured).

------------------------Muric

Walker--------Stones------Kompany-------Zinchenko

-----Foden-----------Delph--------Bernado

-------Sterling------Aguero--------Mahrez

I think de Bruyne will also play half an hour.  He made his return off the bench against Everton at the weekend but has been out fo such a long time there's no chance he will play more than an hour and probably much less.

Man City are not at our fluent best at the moment due to injuries and a lot of games but our injured players are all coming back now.  

Best wishes.  Hope it's a good game.

Are you guys being a little unfair on Puel?  As a neutral you don't appear to be doing that badly.  Losing Mahrez was a big blow.   He's getting better at City.  Starting to integrate into the side a lot better and the other players are reading his play a lot better.

You might think perhaps we didn't need him but 2nd half of the season is going to get seriously draining and we'll need to rotate squad every week.  If Liverpool think they can play Salah, Firmino and Mane every week they are going to be in for disappointment.  

If we had a 50,000 stadium and played the football you do we'd fill it every week.

Your not a proper elite football club and never will be. 

• Sad 1