Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

Remember, we don't have to out score them to go through, 0-0 then penalties will do it. Pint for Wardy, Wembley here we come. Just the small detail of keeping out Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, Sane, De Bruyne and Sterling for 90 minutes. 

I would say let them have the ball right up to the edge of the box but we've conceded a few long rangers in recent times so that won't work. 

Ward

A Brick Wall

Simpson   Evans  Morgan  Maguire  Fuchs

Mendy   Iborra  Ndidi

Ricardo                                    Chilwell

Not so much a false 9 as no 9....or 10 or 8

Subs - Jakupovic, Soyuncu, Knight, Choudhury, Michael Mansfield (A top defence lawyer), A sack of grit, Walshy, 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its my birthday and im going out :beer: and tbh and i feel really sad to say this... Im glad i won't be watching the game... ye ye plastic .. 

However I shall look forward to reading the 'positive' match thread and subsequent Puel in/out poll when i get home. 

2-1 loss :S 

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, you will probably have more fun going out than watching the game

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The way we are playing at present is probably on par with a League 1 Wigan last season, who beat Man City in the FA Cup, so using that logic our tactics should be:

- Make the pitch as shitty and waterlogged as possible

- Get one of their players sent off early on

- Have someone on the touchline piss Pep off to the point he swings a punch at someone

- Score a breakaway winner

I don't remember pep swinging a punch? What happened there?

I supported the decision of us resting a few key players last season in the QF against Man City mainly because it looked like even if we won we'd be in the SF draw with Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. We were no better placed to win it in the QF than we were at the start of the competition.

However with our league campaign looking mediocre, 10 pts above the relegation zone and an outside chance of 7th place then I think we should play our best team. There is a big bonus of the possibility of facing Middlesbrough or Burton for a place in the final.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I just want to see some desire and if needs be aggression. We have an appalling disciplinary record under Puel yet somehow we are soft as shit. Get taking bodies and mean it.

This is why Choudhury should play, first minute two footed tackle into Agueros back. Game on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a hard game to predict starting lineup, arguably the most winnable of the next 3 so the one to go full strength for but the players have had a busy run of games so will need resting at some point. Do we write off Chelsea away to go full strength against a second string Man City team?

Puel says he has a plan for Man City, are we going to see a tactical masterclass or will that plan be pass it around and concede possession in dangerous areas or concede penalties every time they look like scoring and hope Mahrez takes them?

I’d be surprised if Vardy or Maguire start having recently come back from injuries, we need to try someone else with Mendy as Wilf needs dropping, I'd be tempted to put Hamza in and Soyuncu and say go on lads show everyone you deserve a place. Is Chilwell likely to be back for this?

I think this just going to be a mess to be honest.

On 15/12/2018 at 20:49, TiffToff88 said:

If we win 3-0 people on here will moan that it should have been 4

If we win 3-0 then I will eat my hat. 

The most likely way through at the moment would appear to try and shut them out for 90 mins and then go through on peno's with some more Danny Ward heroics. 

I’d imagine it’s gonna be..

Kasper

ricardo soyuncu Maguire (Fuchs)?

Ndidi Mendy 

ghezzal      Maddison      Gray

Iheanacho 

debately Okazaki could start and a different CM Partership and not sure if Fuchs will handle two games in quick succession but we’ll have to see.

On 15/12/2018 at 20:32, Hammo said:

This competition is fourth priority for Man City. As things stand it should be top priority for us, so, unlike them, we field our best possible side ( with Ward in goal ) and see what happens. If Puel makes the same mistake as last year and puts out a weakened side, the last remnants of sympathy for him will disappear.

Problem is nobody knows our strongest side. Other than Vardy, Maguire, Ricardo, Chilwell and Maddison, id say every other position is up for grabs, with the exception of kasper but i would imagine ward will play. 

Ward,

Ricardo / Soyuncu / Maguire / Fuchs

Mendy / Iborra

Albrighton / Ghezzal / Gray

Vardy

Subs: Schmeichel, Morgan, Simpson, Ndidi, Maddison, Okazaki, Iheanacho

Ndidi and Maddison were both poor on Saturday, so drop them both. Ghezzal was one of our best players when he came on at the weekend so reward that performance with a start - hopefully the others will see that effort gets rewarded and follow suit.

Lots of games in quick succession for Morgan may prove too much, so let Soyuncu/Maguire finally build a partnership - excited to see how they work together.

Ward has done well so far so that's a no brainer for the cup games.

Rest basically picks itself.