Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Applaud Mahrez.

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

How have you had over 4,000 posts and still have such a terrible understanding of the Ulloa situation (which was beaten to death on here)?  The guy was going through a horrible personal situation when the club went back on an agreement. He was one of the staff's best-liked players and clearly all was made right. There isn't a person around the club who sees him as any sort of villain.

im always sympathetic to people’s personal situations but he was still being paid thousands of pounds a week to play. refusing to play is inexcusable in my opinion... they may of gone back on an ageement but he signed a contract so he did aswell- don’t thibk he can hold any moral high ground.

edit: just to add that there can be compassionate leave granted or a medical leave of absence  where you are signed off by a Dr for highly traumatic events/ depression, ect... i  have a son with special needs and i can’t tell you how many times we have been in hospital with him and been worried for his future... but you can’t be off forever.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

A lot of posters on here wanted to forget how he treated us and got the ar*e when reminded of it. Now all of a sudden we are supposed to clap the childish little prat as if he did nothing wrong. Sorry, but there is nothing wrong with my memory  I'll just ignore him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

i don’t think he exactly did what Ulloa did who publicly  refused to play for us and was still treated with respect by some. asking for a transfer is one thing but refusing to play for us takes it to a whole new lvl

He refused to play for us. Let's not pretend otherwise. 

He claimed to be depressed and refused to play for us. 

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think it would have more utility to encourage people to cheer our current players and not boo them

No good cheering for Mahrez if we groan at everything Iheanacho does

Yeah, I mean what has Mahrez achieved here versus what Iheanacho has done?

No point cheering Frank Worthington if you couldn't get behind Junior Lewis when he was here.

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yeah, I mean what has Mahrez achieved here versus what Iheanacho has done?

No point cheering Frank Worthington if you couldn't get behind Junior Lewis when he was here.

Feels like you're deliberately missing the point about what supporters are supposed to do (support the team)

Wouldn't get an applause from me if i was there. A big part of us winning the league and probably our best ever player but the way he treated our club with such disrespect can never be forgotten. No issue with any player wanting to leave to join a bigger club and win trophies but no player should ever go on strike and act like he did. Same applies to Drinkwater. I know many will disagree with me but that's my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

A lot of posters on here wanted to forget how he treated us and got the ar*e when reminded of it. Now all of a sudden we are supposed to clap the childish little prat as if he did nothing wrong. Sorry, but there is nothing wrong with my memory  I'll just ignore him.

Ignoring is certainly better than booing so that's fair enough.

Soured his legacy with the toy/pram fiasco. But ultimately he did far more right than wrong and for that I'll use my default ex player response.

*Applaud at start

*Cuss him to hell and back if he dare scores

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Unless you think the whole thing was completely made up then that’s exactly what Mahrez did. Went AWOL and missed 3 or 4 games if I remember correctly 

And then Puel’s massive error; Lets him play after 1 half on the bench against Man City as punishment, much to the chagrin of the rest of the squad.

Won 4 from 20 odd thereafter as expected. 

• Like 1