Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man City (EFL Cup - 18/12/18) - Match Thread

I’m glad we’re resting our players in the League cup quarters so they’re fresh for our crucial league game at Stamford Bridge :rolleyes:

Three defensive midfielders, players that aren’t used to playing together and a untested front three. The only positive (if it is one) is that we’re not expecting much. Will we have over 35% possession? Will we have a shot on target? We will score? I can’t see it.

not too bad of a starting 11. wouldn't have simpson starting. hamza hasn't had many minutes so would habe had silva over him and disappointed vardy isnt even on the bench. im not overly confident tbh think a thrashing is on the cards. but im hopeing im proven wrong.

Edited by Shamomoa

Cannot see anything but a hammering for us in this. I imagine another miserable performance lacking in character as much as effort. 

Just cannot see Puel lasting much longer, but hope I’m wrong. Just show me something Claude, just a faint spark of hope. It’s not too much to ask. 

Happy to be proven wrong and I'm always the first person to criticise people writing us off before a ball is kicked... but Jesus Christ.

Simpson

N'didi

Gray

Hamza

Iheanacho

All in the same starting line up?

If we win it will be the most surprising victory in my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This match will be as good as over inside 10 minutes with that side if Man City bother to think they need to try.Midfield will just be completely overrun. Sorry but surely you try and start with your strongest 11 possible in the quarter final of the cup and this doesn't look like it.

I wouldn't worry yet, guys. One big weakness in the M. City team for as long as I can remember- make two or three changes and the whole team is affected. I stand by my view that it won't be a comfortable win for either side.

Besides we have four academy players starting tonight, one of which has never played a minute of senior football in his 17 years, as well as an out of position Zinchenko. De Bruyne and Aguero also aren't at full sharpness after injury and Walker is basically exhausted. 

I think it'll be a tight game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The only thing that ****s me off about that team is Simpson over Ricardo. What’s the ****ing point in that? 

He put Simpson to cover for Choudhury and deal with either Mahrez or Sané Diaz. Not over the moon but can see the logic behind that.

Silva's gone.

Edit: Just saw their line-up. It's basically a B-team with Aguero and KdB coming back from injury. Puel made quite the gamble and it could massively back-fire if we lose.

Edited by That_Dude

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

I wouldn't worry yet, guys. One big weakness in the M. City team for as long as I can remember- make two or three changes and the whole team is affected. I stand by my view that it won't be a comfortable win for either side.

Besides we have four academy players starting tonight, one of which has never played a minute of senior football in his 17 years, as well as an out of position Zinchenko. De Bruyne and Aguero also aren't at full sharpness after injury and Walker is basically exhausted. 

I think it'll be a tight game. 

You are having a laugh aren't you. Have you actually seen our team?

Ahahaha this nob does not know how to learn a lesson does he. He has had every slice of luck possible to save his job and then he wants to throw a cup quarter final AGAIN.

Sometimes people don’t know how to help themselves. It’s like he’s desperate to get sacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I’m not particularly impressed with that 11 like most on here but I am really shocked that you’re all so surprised by it, every team plays a second string in this competition nowadays so it’s not come out of the blue 

It's the same before every cup game, every season... quite funny watching the meltdown. What rock people have been hiding under to expect much else god only knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

You are having a laugh aren't you. Have you actually seen our team?

It's not great, I'll grant you. But I've always been a big fan of Okazaki and of course Iheanacho. We've lost to worse sides before, in this calendar year in fact.