Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man City (EFL Cup - 18/12/18) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not our strongest side which is unforgivable. 

Man City also not at full strength. 

Let's hope we do it, otherwise big chance down the toilet.

Our stronger sides just lost 1 nil away at Palace and barely could beat Southampton in the last round. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Are we playing for penalties again? Seems like a very defensive setup.

Two DM's in front of the back 4 again - looks like Claude is going with the same strategy that failed miserably Saturday trying to keep it goalless as long as possible. Looks to me like this is how he wants to play moving forward.

• Like 1

Just now, TeaMen Tom said:

Two DM's in front of the back 4 again - looks like Claude is going with the same strategy that failed miserably Saturday trying to keep it goalless as long as possible. Looks to me like this is how he wants to play moving forward.

I don't think we've got much of a choice until we see what happens in the window.

Two matches isn't much to go on, mind you. Hardly means it's a tactical shift.

6 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Hamza at least looks to play forward, and he's very capable of playing some good attacking balls. If anything I would say I have more confidence in that aspect of his game than I do with Wilf or Mendy...However despite being a DM, he's clearly not as good as those two in that area.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Our stronger sides just lost 1 nil away at Palace and barely could beat Southampton in the last round. 

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what constitutes our strongest side. I would've liked Ricardo to play but people were desperate for the Ndidi/ Mendy partnership to be broken up, Ghezzal did ok on Saturday.

Vardy missing is a blow but it is time for Iheanacho to offer something different.

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

If you pay literally no attention. How he wants to play is 2 defensive midfielders as a double pivot, allowing the full backs to get forward and predominantly be attacking players. When it works you've got a front 4 all interchanging with each other and the full backs joining in, it's exciting attacking play. But, so far that's been more an if it works, and you can see him on the touchline fuming about that

• Like 3