Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man City (EFL Cup - 18/12/18) - Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bellers spot on there as usual asking wtf we're doing playing our reserves when we're in no danger of finishing anywhere outside mid table. 

Well.... Some would have you believe we're in some danger of being dragged down into a scrap, so one could argue it makes sense. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Bellers spot on there as usual asking wtf we're doing playing our reserves when we're in no danger of finishing anywhere outside mid table. 

He’s absolutely spot on. We are all thinking it. I’m glad he said it. 

Would have been nice to see some more direct and difficult questions put to Puel. 

Anyone hear Guardiola say that Riyad can play every 3 days 'no problem'?

I am sure we have lads that can do the same as well, it's a shame that we haven't managed to put a stronger side out. If this game doesn't motivate Nacho to put a good shift in then I don't know what will!

Just now, The People's Hero said:

He’s absolutely spot on. We are all thinking it. I’m glad he said it. 

Would have been nice to see some more direct and difficult questions put to Puel. 

Should get Bellers doing the interviews, I'd pay to see that. You think Jeff Shreeves is ruthless lol

So frustrating. This is our best chance of qualifying for Europe and attracting a better quality of player in the summer. Why not just have a proper go? Let's be honest our chances against Chelsea are not great this just seems like stupidity. 

Line up defensively with reserves against a side with a inexperienced keeper in a quarter final.... Puel isn't doing himself any favours is he.

Edited by desertfox2
Arrggghhhh

Bellamy speaking sense. Maybe hearing it from him instead of me will wake some of you up.

Honestly if I was Top i’d be calling Puel into my office and asking him just what it is he is trying to achieve with this team. What exactly are his ambitions in football?

Make no mistake we will need an incredible amount of luck to get through this tie with the line-ups. Puel would presumably be gutted if we got that luck because surely this selection suggests he wants to lose.

• Like 3