Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Man City (EFL Cup - 18/12/18) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I wouldn't worry yet, guys. One big weakness in the M. City team for as long as I can remember- make two or three changes and the whole team is affected. I stand by my view that it won't be a comfortable win for either side.

Besides we have four academy players starting tonight, one of which has never played a minute of senior football in his 17 years, as well as an out of position Zinchenko. De Bruyne and Aguero also aren't at full sharpness after injury and Walker is basically exhausted. 

I think it'll be a tight game. 

The only thing that will be tight in this game is all FT member's sphincters! 

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Get him gone. Even if we win this tells you everything you need to know about the man and where his 'transition' might take us.

It tells you that the club don't care about cups, just like we haven't long before he came here. When you get millions more just for finishing one place higher in the league, what do people expect. All they care about is £££££.

I'd rather then just admitted it rather than the bollocks about "wanting to win it".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Three defensive midfielders and two finished full backs :schmike:

Sums it up.

How are we going to build any sort of momentum, maintain any pressure or create any chances with that?

Iheanacho could still be decent but he needs to play in a team that creates more.

Ghezzal doesn't offend me as a player but as a winger in a team with the above, you're going to need blistering pace to make an impact. 

Gray flatters to deceive. Runs down blind alleys.

You never know with football but I will be surprised if we even manage a shot on target, regardless of opposition.

Puel as the manager to go looks like good odds right now. Maybe he’s been told he’ll be in charge till the end of season regardless but that is an extremely dangerous selection given his current situation.

I hope we win obviously but if we don’t this is just like digging your own grave!