Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Robert Huth

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Totally 100%

I was at the Emirates for his debut (I think it was his debut)

I was I the home end and he completely changed us.

Played well but we're 2-0 down at half time - the home fans were so cocky at half time and Ian Wright did a half time pitch thingy and all was well with the home fans.

2nd half, we came right back at them and Estaban was totally pulling the strings.

Got 1 back and kramaric was unlucky not to level.

Their fans were screaming out for the final whistle.

Although we lost , I knew were had a great chance of staying up at that point.

That, I believe, was due to Huth.

The rest is history, but that run in of that season, was something else❤️

I was there too...Pearson put out a back five but although Konchesky v Walcott was a disaster waiting to happen but you could immediately see what an acquisition Huth was - our most influential Jan signing ever. I recall that Mahrez was their main worry, which if I'm right in saying prompted their interest in him for the next couple of years. 

The first time I really noticed the impact of Huth and Cambiasso at the heart of the Great Escape was v West Ham and then Swansea at home by which time we had reverted to a 3-5-2 and Albrighton (who had bizarrely been sidelined by Pearson most of the season) had also come into the fold. Although Morgan obviously had the captaincy, Huth marshalled and ran the defence whilst Esteban was the creative engine.

The intensity during April and May 2015 was incredible. Everyone was celebrating survival, but I remember thinking what if this continues into next season?...we looked unstoppable. Then came Kanté.

I absolutely agree...without Huth arriving from Stoke, we would have gone down. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Best defender we’ve had in my 20 years supporting Leicester,that’s all I’ve got to say about that!

Taggart, Elliot and Walsh were formidable. But the best defender that I have seen in the last two decades at City, and from a technical standpoint, possibly ever, was Pontus Kåmark.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

I was there too...Pearson put out a back five but although Konchesky v Walcott was a disaster waiting to happen but you could immediately see what an acquisition Huth was - our most influential Jan signing ever. I recall that Mahrez was their main worry, which if I'm right in saying prompted their interest in him for the next couple of years. 

The first time I really noticed the impact of Huth and Cambiasso at the heart of the Great Escape was v West Ham and then Swansea at home by which time we had reverted to a 3-5-2 and Albrighton (who had bizarrely been sidelined by Pearson most of the season) had also come into the fold. Although Morgan obviously had the captaincy, Huth marshalled and ran the defence whilst Esteban was the creative engine.

The intensity during April and May 2015 was incredible. Everyone was celebrating survival, but I remember thinking what if this continues into next season?...we looked unstoppable. Then came Kanté.

I absolutely agree...without Huth arriving from Stoke, we would have gone down. 

Have to pull you up here, Albrighton wasn't fit. We coached the **** out of him for months until his fitness was adequate and he went from weedy winger made of glass to a powerhouse who can play 90 minutes 3 times a week, at 100% intensity without ever getting injured.

Huth is a legend. Brilliant player. Arguably our finest ever signing.