Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yes indeed but as I say as long as you have vardy kasper and Morgan in that squad you have players who feel their opinions should be taken into account.

That said if said crisis talks have convinced puel to play slightly more directly then fair play to them as even if we concede this is the best 45 mins of football I’ve seen us play for awhile.

Agreed. Vardy gave Puel a hug as he came off so hardly great animosity. Perhaps clear the air talks and a bit of listening on both sides would help.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

What I don't want is the situation to flip week to week depending on results. If they aren't convinced, get rid. Having said that, for the first time in a while, we might make a managerial change and it isn't with the club in crisis or a relegation battle.

Reminds me of Arsenal last spring or the Man City Vardy hatrick game. A shock result from nowhere when we seem to be in freefall.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Reminds me of Arsenal last spring or the Man City Vardy hatrick game. A shock result from nowhere when we seem to be in freefall.

It has been noted that when the team/ club is under pressure or getting stick from the media, the players pull out a performance. But I hardly think anyone was expecting a win today.

18 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Sacking Puel put Southampton where they are. That could well be us. Indeed, I dont think that I have seen my last LCFC season in the second tier. 

I am not at all convinced that Puel has lost the dressing room. 

I was mocked yesterday for this. 

After today, anyone think Puel still has lost the dressing room?

Bring on the Mancs! 

Puel in. 

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that I flip flop all the time with Puel!

I've been largely behind the manager, but that Palace game was hard to watch in the freezing cold passing it sideways bad backwards for 90 minutes.

But today was a great result and he beat Sarri tactically. You'd have to say the Hamza / Ndidi / Mendy combination worked out! And we beat them with such a young team overall.

Looking forward to changing my mind again next week! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Bring on the Mancs! 

Puel in. 

Yeah he lost it. He can't find where our dressing room  that he wrongly gone to Chelsea dressing room result them many crosses with some unlucky moments as we used to have many times this season. 

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I say this taking as little away from Puel as I can, without sounding like i'm slagging him off (And i'm not, I'm simply debating where that performance came from?!) but that game and by the sound of it (because I only listened to it) doesn't seem anything remotely like a Puel performance, it goes against pretty much everything he's done in the 12 months, as was the Sevilla game when Ranieri was here.

It always seems whenever our backs are against the wall and manager seems up against it.

It certainly doesn't look like the narrative some on here have been running the last 24 hours against the players, accusing them of being against the manager or snakes, what I might say is it almost seems as if the players have took care of it themselves though, not necessarily against Puel but to show him what they can do.

But i've asked for flexibility in how we play, in our style, I got that today, what I need to see is that on a regular basis.

What does concern me is, that something was said to me after Tuesday's game that 'You still want Puel gone after a good 45 minutes', well, yes, i'm not that fickle to flip and flop like that, I can count on one hand the excitement in 12 months under him, even today, that changes little, unless I see it regular and consistanly, however it seems people are that fickle to flip and flop - That always goes regarding people's views on the players, the last 24 hours the amount of stick and accusations against them...wow.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Bring on the Mancs! 

Puel in. 

Brother. ... i dont mock. ... i dont care if puel has or hasnt lost the dressibg room. I want him gone coz i dont like his football and i want a manager who can adapt in games... 

Meanwhile i want us to win as many points as possible 

Bring on the mancs!... puel out

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Brother. ... i dont mock. ... i dont care if puel has or hasnt lost the dressibg room. I want him gone coz i dont like his football and i want a manager who can adapt in games... 

Meanwhile i want us to win as many points as possible 

Bring on the mancs!... puel out

Maybe in the summer, not now, Certainly the attacking needs sorting, and some surplus players need getting off the books, but I can see progress. We are going to be safe from relegation. He deserves the second half of the season. 

Though putting out feelers for a manager in the summer would be prudent. 

• Like 1