Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

My previous answer was a little harsh, its not that peeps are overly negative, its that things fluctuate, I've heard a few times peeps say at the matches, I was already for him to go and now I'm not certain.

His inconsistent displays baffle peeps, we can go 3 games of utter dross Megson would be proud of and then have a game that is Roy of the Rovers stuff, so a lot of peeps get frustrated.

See the middle of our survival season where Pearson was getting some stick and pressure because we went from good to awful to decent to awful to sublime and then he was gone.

Is peeps your new favourite word

Lets face it we love a counter attackibg goal.  We would have gotten more cgabces against city if mike dean had go ontop of their cynical fouling.

The truth is we need to keep defenders guessing. Burnley played a high line and yet it was over 70 mins before we put a ball over the top. Had we done it at 7 minutes their high libe would have been gone. So we need a squad that can mix it up..... coubter... or msy vtosses in to solid centre fwd (like rondon etc).  

Yet when we play puelball i have no idea what the goal template is.  I assume he has one?   The fact that he has no striker suited to puelball is his own fault. 

So his recruitment has let me down.... and its let him down 

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I disagree with your answer but hey ho, I like differing views.  My only point is that the negativeity is OTT.  That is all.  You cannot even admit that,  Of course I understand people not liking his style, of course I understand some people not liking him but definitely, objectively I believe the following statement to be true:

CLAUDE PUEL GETS MORE STICK THAN HE DESERVES.

If you disagree with that statement I would like you to back it up.  And before the inevitable strawmen arguments appear.  The following are things I have not said:

He deserves NO stick.

Our football is beautiful.

There is no room for improvement.

People are not allowed to criticise him

Once more to be clear, my only point is:

CLAUDE PUEL GETS MORE STICK THAN HE DESERVES.

As I said, if you disagree with that statement alone please tell me why and I will listen and I am always willing to have my mind changed.  X

can you objectively believe something?

17 minutes ago, shade said:

can you objectively believe something?

Probably not and thanks for raising, sometimes writing posts in haste leads to less than ideal wording. I should have said something like "it is hard to argue that the following statement is not accurate".  X 

Edited by RumbleFox

We can beat all the big teams you want, who come at us and play into our hands, but we're so easy to come and take points off if you are defensive and stop us counter attacking, he's had 2 seasons to sort this and made it worse.

I still want him gone can't get the basics right and home form under him is shocking. Puel out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We can beat all the big teams you want, who come at us and play into our hands, but we're so easy to come and take points off if you are defensive and stop us counter attacking, he's had 2 seasons to sort this and made it worse.

I still want him gone can't get the basics right and home form under him is shocking. Puel out.

Worse than Ranieri in his second season and Shakespeare? *wanders off to peer at the table and contemplate if there were no basics against Chelsea and Man City*

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The "big teams" you speak of could easily say the same things about losing to us. X 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's been here for 1 season

Although I am not keen on Puels football philosophy with his defence v opposition attack tactics, I have already said we need to stick with his this season. 

I don't, however, believe he has a long term future here because he doesn't seem to give a cuss about the supporters. I was at Chelsea and obviously Man City, but both games were basically heroic defending and three real quality goals from us. I just don't think his style of play will provide us with sustained success. You can't win 38 rearguard actions. 

He says all the right words but is happy to throw games with this rotation nonsense. Years ago players could play three games a week in a much more physical style of play; but even with the improved diets, recovery procedures, individual health plans available etc., the players are actually more prone to breaking down these days. 

If Puel disses the FA Cup like the league cup, he can go. 7th place means nothing really, a bit of a poisoned chalice, ask Burnley. I am going to the Newport game but am genuinely fearful he will rest most of the team as against Fleetwood last year when we were so lucky to escape with the draw. 

13 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Although I am not keen on Puels football philosophy with his defence v opposition attack tactics, I have already said we need to stick with his this season. 

I don't, however, believe he has a long term future here because he doesn't seem to give a cuss about the supporters. I was at Chelsea and obviously Man City, but both games were basically heroic defending and three real quality goals from us. I just don't think his style of play will provide us with sustained success. You can't win 38 rearguard actions. 

He says all the right words but is happy to throw games with this rotation nonsense. Years ago players could play three games a week in a much more physical style of play; but even with the improved diets, recovery procedures, individual health plans available etc., the players are actually more prone to breaking down these days. 

If Puel disses the FA Cup like the league cup, he can go. 7th place means nothing really, a bit of a poisoned chalice, ask Burnley. I am going to the Newport game but am genuinely fearful he will rest most of the team as against Fleetwood last year when we were so lucky to escape with the draw. 

We won the ****ing league with rear guard action and counter attack

4 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

From what I read on here about Puel, you would have thought all our previous manager, (and any future ones), only produced enthralling attacking football.

I can think of loads of times, with every manager we've ever had, where our football has been dire. Yes, even in our title winning season a lot of the second half of the season was pretty tedious football at times, but the excitement and tension of our league position hid that. Some of our football under Pearson was dire at times, as was some under MON. And that's without dragging up how bad it was under the dreadful Megson, Pleat, Levine, reigns.

Our title win has now given us this totally false feeling of where we are as a club. Puel is unfairly battered by some on here because of this.

I am not saying Puel is the best we could have, or his style of football is great. Of course I get frustrated at times with a lack of energy, or slow periods of play. But at times it is really good. Our biggest problem seems to be consistency, both throughout matches and from one match to another. I don't give a rats ass about his interviews because the questions asked are so moronic, and most managers just moan about referees when they lose, or state the obvious when they win. 

He has undertaken a really difficult job. He inherited an aging and unbalanced squad, with a lot of dreadful overpriced signings by the previous two managers.

He has come in and brought through a lot of our younger players, and apart from Nacho there has been vast improvements in every one under his coaching. He has brought in some really promising players with just one summer window, whilst his hands are being tied by older unwanted players, or overpriced signings, all on high wage contracts, whilst keeping us in the top half of the P/L and well away from the relegation places. And we've also lost our best (maybe ever) player in the process.

In my view Puel is actually over achieving. Whilst he is here, and keeps developing us, I fully support him and what he is trying to do.

I noticed on the 'ratings' post that we lost two matches and Puel's rating dropped 40%. We won the last two and it's grown by 40%! It just shows how fickle football fans are. 

A few on here have said we should go for Santo, who has far less experience of P/L football, and so far they have scored less goals than us. Who'd have Dyche now? Or Wagner? As both have been heavily suggested here, but their football is terrible! There are suggestions of "why didn't we go for the new Southampton manager"? Well, let's just see how he does and what type of football he develops if they get dragged back into the bottom three. They were pretty poor against West Spam on Thursday night. It's just wishful thinking that anyone would come in and transform our playing style, or manage us better than Puel is doing.

But I realize Puel will divide opinion, just as every other manager would. I just think he is unfairly berated. I also think some of the names mentioned on here to replace him are just crazy, and sacking him could lead to yet another total upheaval at the club, with no guarantee of anything better. 

Happy new year!!

The only part of your post that’s not been covered a million times already,Happy new year!

20 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Cannot be arsed lecturing posters who disagree with me. Who cares? We all want the team to give everything and win. 

Lecturing? ? give your head a wobble man, the word your looking for is patronising! 

14 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Sort of arrogant stance don't you think....putting yourself up as judge and executioner...

And using domestic cup ,ups and downs as your complete evidence.....