Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suzie the Fox

Newport away match thread

Just now, lcfceaves said:

Again, not bothered by team selection, I’m bothered by watching turgid football (nearly) every week

I agree, but we're not even playing our regular game of keeping the ball that Puel gets derided for. Newport just want it more, and most disappointingly look better in most areas of the park.

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not puels fault this. Hes picked a strong team and the players are massively letting him, the fans and the club down. Horror show of a 1st half and shows the likes of Ghezzal, Okazaki and Iheancho have nothing to offer our club and need moving on asap. Iheancho may bemoan lack of service but his lack of movement and effort makes it difficult to support him. Our lack of movement in the final 3rd is shocking! 

Even with my lack of football knowledge i would know not to pick ghazzal and Ileanaho so how is that not puels fault.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cheshfox said:

Doesn't matter if your Puel in or out, the performance against a league 2 side is embarrassing. 

The players should be ashamed of themselves.

Far too many out there today are not good enough.

I agree, Puel has put a side out that do not look capable

I think our players have simply underestimated Newport. They’ve played very well, are organised, and have height and pace up front. Our “strikers” have been crap - apart from a good attempt by Ghezzal we’ve hit our shots straight at the keeper. We need to up our game this half. Shinji to come off for Maddison

Edited by car1os

Sorry but that is really dreadful.

Ghezzal, James, Morgan, All very poor. Okazaki the worst player on the pitch.

Iheanacho no service at all we look like we could concede another easily.

No intensity. No composure. 2 in midfield completely failing.

We need to improve a lot or the season is as good as over.

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

I agree, but we're not even playing our regular game of keeping the ball that Puel gets derided for. Newport just want it more, and most disappointingly look better in most areas of the park.

I get that and was thinking the same, but who should take the blame? Mostly manager I think 

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

With Fuchs for the goal it's not so much about pace, he has been done for pace by several opponents in the last couple of years but he usually gets away with it by having a decent starting position. On this occasion he was fairly in-field and didn't look like he expected it to come out wide. More misjudgement than "finished" but an odd one for someone with his standards.

Good analysis. I agree - I think he's just rusty. Generally he's not looked too bad, just not quite up to speed as you'd expect without match practice.