Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Suzie the Fox

Newport away match thread

I think James is getting a harsh treatment. He and Choudary have stopped anything coming through them (all Newport attacks have come from a long ball or cross) and has had a few good passes. Is he great? No. But I don't think he's been dreadful. They both lack creativity however. 

Defense has been poor, struggling to handle long balls.

Edited by Spicer

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not puels fault this. Hes picked a strong team and the players are massively letting him, the fans and the club down. Horror show of a 1st half and shows the likes of Ghezzal, Okazaki and Iheancho have nothing to offer our club and need moving on asap. Iheancho may bemoan lack of service but his lack of movement and effort makes it difficult to support him. Our lack of movement in the final 3rd is shocking! 

How can it not be Puel's fault, yet has selected players that have nothing to offer?

It's time to strap on a pair, make 3 subs and rescue this tie. Needs to make 8.

2 minutes ago, Thrill Bert Fox said:

Even with my lack of football knowledge i would know not to pick ghazzal and Ileanaho so how is that not puels fault.?

Ghezzal yes but who do we pick over Iheancho? Or would you risk injury to our prized asset?

I can't see how this is Puels fault. The team he has selected on paper should be more than capable. They should take a long hard look at themselves at half time. Some of them have been a joke.... (and no not the same way Hamza said it!) 

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

You weren't saying that 2 years ago!!

He’s terrible at striking a football. Got a lot of time for Shinji but a natural goal scorer he is not. That one he put straight into the defenders chest, you’d expect to be put in on a Sunday down Vicky park. 

• Like 1

I can see what Ghezzal was thinking with that touch on the edge of the box, the opposition would be expecting a first time shot so he teed it up instead, unfortunately he overhit it, they read it, and he looked a mug.

My message to him though would be this - don't try anything ambitious and flashy, just get a clean contact on it when for the previous 40 minutes everything you've tried hasn't come off. Go back to basics and then build on it, the ball is your friend not your enemy.

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

How can it not be Puel's fault, yet has selected players that have nothing to offer?

As i said, its a strong team and he cannot be blamed for the fact we still have some deadwood in the squad. It takes time to build a squad. Hes built a good starting 11 but we know we need more strength in depth. Anyone who says we should have started our first 11 today is an idiot! 

Real life football isnt like football manager, you cant ship out half your squad and replace them all in one window! 

Edited by jayfox26

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I can't see how this is Puels fault. The team he has selected on paper should be more than capable. They should take a long hard look at themselves at half time. Some of them have been a joke.... (and no not the same way Hamza said it!) 

Spot on, team should be more than capable.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

If you ask me, Puel is using this game to send a message to the fans, I.e. this is how shit we could be so be grateful

Message received loud and clear in Austria.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Same players who won the league with us? £25m striker from Man City? They are more than capable. The mentality has just not been right. 

10 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Okazaki Ghezzel and Nacho off at halftime. They’re bloody hopeless. 

To many to pick from, James, Morgan also had a very poor half, there’s 5 out of 11, the others haven’t put themselves about either, very, very poor team, and performance all round, puel does need to make changes at half time, not 80 minutes 

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I get that and was thinking the same, but who should take the blame? Mostly manager I think 

For me, it's the players. They were lumping it forward for long periods, which isn't Puel's game, and that still wasn't working. There's no movement up front, and that's solely on the front 3 or 4. Puel can't push them around the pitch, they do actually have to make runs!!