Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

The BBC's coverage was very confusing. They desperately (apart from Lineker) wanted a shock and that is understandable but were just as annoyed that we'd made changes which probably enhanced that opportunity.

If a club plays it's full strength side, the shock element all but disappears. So what do they want? Another game like Friday's?

if you want shocks and stories, put up with the squad rotation.

Might as well keep puel till the end of the season to see how we finish - if we drop from the 6/7 place race like we did last season (he did the same at Southampton as well) then he should move on. The other critical area to sort out is recruitment - I don’t know the exact stats but it feels like about 1 out of 8 purchases seem to make the grade. Not really good enough for a team wanting to challenge at the top half of the table and wastes time and money - poor scouting is really costing us.

20 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

What is it with Mark Albrighton?

i've always been willing to forgive his headless chicken act because occasionally he does something good.

I mean we've just got back in it & the only question is will we get a winner or not?

Then he does that. 

Sticks his hands in front of his face.

Was he trying to protect his good looks or something?

The stupid tw+t.

That's well unfair. Out of all the players on there today Albrighton as usual ran his ****ing bollocks off, tried far more than anyone else. Nacho didn't even break a ****ing sweat, literally not one bede of sweat. At least Albrighton gives it a LOT of effort and it clearly means a lot to him trying to win the game. Was all over the place today trying shots, crosses passes etc. In fact amongst the absolute dross he was motm. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'd bring Slimani back.

I don't care if you hate him. I don't care if you don't rate him. I don't care if Vardy hates him. I don't care if he's been crap in Turkey. Suck it up. We desperately need another option, a plan B, in order to break teams down when we have the majority of possession.

Me too. He certainly has more of a footballing brain than Nacho.

Failing that CP needs to sign a striker this window, no excuses.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

How can someone be allowed to treat chances of winning Trophies with so much contempt?  Surely the Board has to question this? I do not recall MON ever resting players when we won the League Cups?   And the squad then was older, much smaller and paid a fraction of what this lot get. 

That team today was so obviously wrong.   T

If you asked the board whether they would prefer a cup or a few places in the premier league I can guess which they would choose.

Love a giant killing, fair play to Newport. Good to see there's a bit of romance left in the cup.

However, seeing that my team are on the receiving end of said upset, I can't but feel somewhat aggrieved and deflated by this result.

No graft, no craft and a general lack of professionalism from the "team" that went out today. Wrong approach and wrong attitude from the get go in my opinion.

I accept that we need to utilise the squad and realistically the team that went out today should've been more than capable of dealing with a league two side. Unfortunately it seemed as if most of these boys barely knew each other and yes we had chances but that doesn't make up for the lack of aptitude on display during the match.

I'll make it clear that I'm not a fan of Nacho; I don't see what he offers and really find it hard to believe that he keeps getting chances; one or two others need to have their place in the side reconsidered but he is a major concern considering how much we paid and how much he just got paid for essentially being a passenger once again.

Congratulations Newport and Mike Flynn, you earned that. Claude, can we at least consider looking into the possibility of playing with two up front?

Edited by burleighfox

Just now, burleighfox said:

Fair play Newport, you earned that. Claude, can we at least consider looking into the possibility of playing with two up front?

With the terrible Okazaki or the terrible Iheanacho ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

No excuses, we got what we deserved. Shocking lack of commitment from all but a couple of people. Plenty of dross and deadwood that needs clearing out.

Very strange selection by Puel, I have to say. Presumably he is not interested in winning cups.

Well done Newport, you deserve your celebrations, and good luck in the next round

Maybe it's because I'm from an underprivileged part of Leicester (see above), but I for one wish Newport nothing but bad luck.

Stuff all this magnanimity lark.

I hope they draw Man City & get shagged 9 - 0!

• Sad 1

What a load of sh1te.

Why start Matty (does my arse look big in these shorts) James

Why bring King on when better options sitting on the bench, was Puel putting them both in the shop window?

Why play Okazaki, he clearly is not the player he was

As for Nacho, almost forgot he was playing, if you cant play better than that against a league 2 outfit, time for him to be moved on.

Why was Wes marking space instead of their player for the first goal, and he was back to hoooof

Clearly we are completely toothless without Vardy, and are fcuked if he has a long term injury, need another striker.

We seem incapable of breaking down sides that sit and park the bus, even a team in the 4th tier , that has to be down to the way we play.

After the horrific accident that took our chairman, all we heard from the club, was that City were determined to win a trophy in his memory, clearly Puel has forgotten that by fielding that side

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

Can't even blame Puel for that. That team should've beaten League 2 opposition. Embarrassing.

That’s how I feel. Team  should have put them away. We desperately short of attacking options and we need to urgently address this.

1 minute ago, burleighfox said:

Or perhaps actually consider buying a striker or two this transfer window?? ?

Easier said than done.
I think everybody would have lost their mind if we had bought Solanke for 20M, and he is one of the highest profile striker who might consider a move on January.

1 minute ago, burleighfox said:

Love a giant killing, fair play to Newport. Good to see there's a bit of romance left in the cup.

However, seeing that my team are on the receiving end of said upset, I can't but feel somewhat aggrieved and deflated by this result.

No graft, no graft and a general lack of professionalism from the "team" that went out today. Wrong approach and wrong attitude from the get go in my opinion.

I accept that we need to utilise the squad and realistically the team that went out today should've been more than capable of dealing with a league two side. Unfortunately it seemed as if most of these boys barely knew each other and yes we had chances but that doesn't make up the lack of aptitude on display during the match.

I'll make it clear that I'm not a fan of Nacho; I don't see what he offers and really find it hard to believe that he keeps getting chances; one or two others need to have their place in the side reconsidered but he is a major concern considering how much we paid and how much he just got paid for essentially being a passenger once again.

Congratulations Newport and Mike Flynn, you earned that. Claude, can we at least consider looking into the possibility of playing with two up front?

We played two up front, they are just both absolutely hopeless. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alfox13 said:

Can't believe some on here are blaming the players when I saw the team I knew they were up against it the blame clearly lies with whoever selected them and drew up the tactics, the buck stops there. 

Did you see some of the chances we missed? Could have had 8 lol

38 minutes ago, reynard said:

But did he use the squad to the best of its ability? No. And there in lies some blame I'm afraid.

:appl:Very fair comment.  He contributed to this mess although the players let him and the Club/Fans down badly.