Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Liverpool (a) Pre Match Thread

On 28/01/2019 at 22:26, jammie82uk said:

Just a few stats to cheer everyone up with

Liverpool are undefeated in their last 32 home matches in the Premier League. 

Liverpool have scored at least 4 goals in their last 3 home matches in the Premier League. 

Liverpool have won 6 of their last 7 home matches against Leicester in all competitions.

There has been over 2 goals scored in Liverpool's last 4 home games in the Premier League. 

Liverpool have seen over 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

I'm hanging my hat on this fact.....

ANFIELD has long been considered a fortress – but never more so than in the late 70s and early 80s. Liverpool went 85 games unbeaten in front of their own fans in all competitions, between 21 January 1978 and 31 January 1981. The team which ended the run? Leicester City, who had long been considered a Reds bogey team.

(but we were relegated that season)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'm hanging my hat on this fact.....

ANFIELD has long been considered a fortress – but never more so than in the late 70s and early 80s. Liverpool went 85 games unbeaten in front of their own fans in all competitions, between 21 January 1978 and 31 January 1981. The team which ended the run? Leicester City, who had long been considered a Reds bogey team.

(but we were relegated that season)

What a day that was! Took me a week to regain my voice. Don't think I've ever seen Leicester fans happier or louder. A couple of thousand of us packed into the corner of the Anfield Rd end going crazy.

Remember walking round the pitch from the Kop to the other end (long story) as the players came out - you could still do that kind of things in those days - and hearing Alan Young saying 'I fancy this' to Jimmy Melrose.

We still went down that year, but that day made it almost worth it!

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Virtually three years ago to the day that Liverpool rocked up midweek at the KP to be humbled 2-0 - the Vardy wonder goal!  It cemented our title charge. Oh, the potential for symmetry and payback this evening. Salah worldie, anyone? ?

It's bound to happen - everything has gone Liverpool's way since the wife swapped Salah for Sterling in her FT :P  (Not that it's stopping her team from beating mine, but still...)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

I’m not on about the pitch, the authority’s have to consider the safety of fans in and around the ground,  roads closed due to snow, and general safety of the public.

I’m quite aware of under soil heating

The pitch?lol

4 minutes ago, red5 said:

Nooooooo, don't make me look a tw@ :sweating:

No comment Red !!:D

Can’t see the game going ahead due to crowd safety and the dodgy roads apparently someone’s nicked the gritter :surrender: as seen on sky sports the roads around the stadium look trecherous !!:colder:

But anyone making the journey to scouse land hope you have a safe journey there and back and watch out for your hub caps !!:jawdrop: