Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Hamza Choudhury the Trailblazer

12 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He needs to play games, even before he came into the side this season he’d been in and out of the u23s, could have done with a loan in January.

When Puel suggested this he was slaughtered!

He should really have gone on loan back in September but I'm sure someone on here said he preferred to stay as his partner had just had their first baby? Which is fair enough.

19 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Bit worried for this lad. I’d have thought he would be on the bench. Is his disappearance due only to the arrival of Tielemans or has he regressed. Hope he features soon!

We've switched systems to having two attacking midfielders and have 3 defensive midfielders in the squad in Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza, of which Ndidi is our clear starter Mendy is as of right now the better player than Hamza due to his experience. Hamza has suffered due to Tielemans coming in, but YT has added another dimension to the team so I don't think anyone in the camp can say it's been a bad idea to bring him in. Even if we can't sign YT, it shows an obvious position we need to sign and the benefit it will provide the team. And Hamza is not an attacking midfielder that has creative qualities. Not yet at least, though perhaps he can add this to his game. 

I think that with the style of play Rodgers wants us to play that we will need players in the squad with great engines and tackling capabilities, of which Hamza has both. So whilst he might not be a starter or even on the bench, I could definitely see him playing in a number of games as next season progresses. But is that enough for the player? That I'm not sure of as we've seen the massive progress Harvey Barnes made after going out on loan and playing every week. Right now Hamza looks like a definite squad player for the club but it will remain to be seen if he can force his way into being a guaranteed starter every week.

• Like 2

One of the better pressers we have so I’ll be shocked if Rodgers doesn’t give him a chance, ideally we play a diamond in midfield of:

Maddison 

Youri         Hamza

Ndidi

Vardy and Barnes upfront, Okazaki and Gray off the bench for whatever player. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not only is he a fantastic talent, the way he talks about life and the game is top drawer. He is a classy young man and I hope he gets enough of a chance to make it here. I’d be tempted to start him vs Bournemouth and rest Ndidi.

Yes, now is the time to show the other squad players,that they can get their chances.

If we can see more of Choudry and Soyuncu,in this EOS run-in,it will also show the fans  that BRodgers,is really looking through the talent that our squad holds

Reading that  article its clear he has a great attitude. I also thought he was excellent when he came on for the u21's on Thursday, the way he reads the game sets him ahead of others for me. I do hope BR finds room to give him a few more run outs in the first team soon because I think this boy could be another with a big future and it would be great to see him make the break through at our club. 

Interesting point in there about the physical  contact . Tradiitions are there around hockey ,cricket,badminton  that point to different races being more suited to their more popular sports. I can recall playing mens hockey in a fairly robust way and the Asian lads weren't too happy but also back then some of the predominately Asian local football teams got a reputation for being very aggressive.

Hamza needs game time -somewhere

1 minute ago, dyanmark said:

Interesting point in there about the physical  contact . Tradiitions are there around hockey ,cricket,badminton  that point to different races being more suited to their more popular sports. I can recall playing mens hockey in a fairly robust way and the Asian lads weren't too happy but also back then some of the predominately Asian local football teams got a reputation for being very aggressive.

Hamza needs game time -somewhere

I think it's simply a racist idea - please be clear I don't think you are just the idea about Asians not wanting contact. Wrestling has plenty of contact - it just so happens that Rugby, American Football and football were not particularly asian sports.

Hamza thrives on contact.

His motor is amazing but the area I feel he is so far ahead of most professional footballers is his reading of the game and football cleverness.

I am so surprised that Rodgers hasn't had him in instead of Mendy - who I like a lot too. He's 21, he needs to be in the team. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think it's simply a racist idea - please be clear I don't think you are just the idea about Asians not wanting contact. Wrestling has plenty of contact - it just so happens that Rugby, American Football and football were not particularly asian sports.

Hamza thrives on contact.

His motor is amazing but the area I feel he is so far ahead of most professional footballers is his reading of the game and football cleverness.

I am so surprised that Rodgers hasn't had him in instead of Mendy - who I like a lot too. He's 21, he needs to be in the team. 

I think BR has recognised that with such a young team he needs to find a balance of some experience in their too. So he's keeping the team young but stacking the bench with the more experienced players because of what they can bring to the dressing room

17 hours ago, brucey said:

Dr Dan Kilvington, a senior lecturer in media, communication and cultures at Leeds Beckett University, anonymously quoted a white scout at a professional club as saying: “They [Asians] don’t like physical contact. I think that’s their problem. Why are they good at cricket? Why are they absolutely exceptional at squash? Why do they not participate in any other sports where there is physical contact.” 

This idiot has clearly never heard of Kabbadi

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 12:07, StriderHiryu said:

The only British player with asian (sub-continent) heritage that I know of who played in the Premier League and for England (youth level) is Michael Chopra who used to play for Newcastle.

You dont have to explain to anyone on here who Michael Chopra is...

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see Hamza making an appearance last game. But it seems from the latest comments from Rogers that he will need to wait for a while for a more established role under Rogers, especially with Ndidi and Tielemans playing so well (I still think Hamza would combine better with Tielemans and Maddison in the middle especially attacking-wise).

Do you think he has been rather unlucky? It seems that he was just starting to get more game time under Puel (same as Mendy), then unluckily just before Rogers got appointed, he was left out of squad. When Rogers took over, it seems he wanted status quo first (I think he would have picked Mendy instead of Ndidi therefore if Mendy did not get injured and was replaced by Ndidi during the last (or second last) game Puel was in charge).  So would Hamza have gotten more

game time under Rogers had he been in squad just when Rogers took over? Seems like a steep hill now for him to climb whilst others have had the advantage of being able to showcase their talents during actual games and they obviously took it with both hands.

Edited by Tom12345

• 5 weeks later...