Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

See, although it was an errant pass by Ricardo it wasnt that horrendous. The commentator said he shouldn't have played the pass but it was an incisive move in to space rather than a percentage ball down the line. The problem was it missed Mendy and both Maguire and Chilwell were far too close to one another and it was easy for Rashford. Youd have think them pair would have learnt their lesson after Rashfords sitter only a few mins earlier, but no.

Agreed, thought that had Maguire been on his toes he might have averted the chance. I ain't Sky Sports and I ain't blaming Ricardo for that  

• Like 1

Didn't get a chance to watch the game fully today.

We have played ok against the top 6 this season but we aren't capitalising on our spells of dominance in these games. Tielemans looks like a great addition but we have to address our attack in the summer. If we don't take the necessary action we'll find ourselves at the wrong end of the table before long.

Its not dissimilar to the 2014/15 season pre great escape. Close enough but not getting results.

After next week we have a more favorable run of games but we've got to start turning performances into wins.

Chilwell, Maguire and Ricardo are likely to be summer transfer targets for other clubs so we have to start getting into a winning habit.

One thing I noticed today was how ape shit Puel was going when we took unnecessary touches or were too slow to release the ball.

Chilwell at one point took quite long to get a cross in and Puel lost it. So much so that he nearly missed us scoring from the eventual cross.

I also noticed Adam Sadler spent most of the match in the technical area. Never noticed that before. Problem nothing though.

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

One thing I noticed today was how ape shit Puel was going when we took unnecessary touches or were too slow to release the ball.

Chilwell at one point took quite long to get a cross in and Puel lost it. So much so that he nearly missed us scoring from the eventual cross.

I also noticed Adam Sadler spent most of the match in the technical area. Never noticed that before. Problem nothing though.

He’s been doing this for a good while. Even when they try something adventurous and lose the ball he turns his back in disgust a lot or berates them. 

He’s a man under pressure and he’s letting that filter down on to the team. Its toxic. The boos from fans dont help either.

Back to the point he should be encouraging the players more, if they lose the ball or are too slow releasing it, give them a boost. Doesn’t take much to say ‘Good effort now try that a bit quicker next time’ instead of going nuts. 

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Thought we were generally poor and lacked real drive and desire. United were steady and basically did a good away job. 

Once Ghezzal came on it was game over. He was never gonna score from that distance and should have put in a decent cross. 

Feel sorry for the likes of Kasper and Vardy seeing a winning formula being ditched for mediocrity and boring football. 

I'm afraid both players are a long way from that winning formula. Kasper kicking has descended into a serious problem which he seems unable to remedy.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Thought it was absolutely disgusting the booing when gazzelle was bought on for maddison. Even worse than that gazzelle played alright, sometimes I'm absolutely ashamed of our supporters 

I don't think anyone was booing Gazelle they were booing Puel and his brainless substitutions.

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

I'm afraid both players are a long way from that winning formula. Kasper kicking has descended into a serious problem which he seems unable to remedy.  

So who do you think is too blame for both of those players down fall, with puel we just going round in circles, I honestly don't see any changes while he's here, he's bought players in, he's hasn't made difference, to me the reason we didnt buy anyone in this transfer window is that the club doesn't have enough confidence in Puel, they know we safe, they'll see if any improvement before end of the season and decision in the summer. 

43 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No one booed Okazaki coming on though. Then there were boos when Iheanacho came on. 

The boos for Iheanacho were because we knew what to expect, and we got it.

44 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

So who do you think is too blame for both of those players down fall, with puel we just going round in circles, I honestly don't see any changes while he's here, he's bought players in, he's hasn't made difference, to me the reason we didnt buy anyone in this transfer window is that the club doesn't have enough confidence in Puel, they know we safe, they'll see if any improvement before end of the season and decision in the summer. 

Completely agree with you, but that doesn't excuse Kasper's distribution nightmares, and it's getting worse. Puel can't be responsible for that.

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

The boos for Iheanacho were because we knew what to expect, and we got it.

Booing when one of your players comes on is the most moronic thing I’ve ever seen, achieves absolutely nothing apart from knocking the confidence of your own players - just what you need when your looking for a goal

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Langston said:

Dull.

Whether or not these slow starts are a result of Puel's preparation for the games or a mental thing amongst the players, they have to stop because it's becoming beyond parody. 

Wretched subs done far too late on. 

Barnes was great and for eighty minutes I thought we were great defensively, about the only positives.

Maddison was moving like a geriatric today and Mendy and Wilf as a duo simply doesn't work well anywhere near often enough. Yet he persists with it.

that’s got to change, surely.....

You don’t sign someone like Tielemans and put him in the u23s.

He’s young and that’s what Puel is all about..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Booing when one of your players comes on is the most moronic thing I’ve ever seen, achieves absolutely nothing apart from knocking the confidence of your own players - just what you need when your looking for a goal

I agree with you but it's not new is it? Football is an entertainment and a passionate one at that. Leicester fans are no different from any other. We tolerate lack of ability if we get the effort but will not tolerate lack of effort and that is the problem with Iheanacho he makes no effort. I'm not saying he should be booed but I understand the fans frustration as well.

Edited by Bunyip

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not creating enough chances? 17 shots says otherwise.

Just as an aside, I wasn't specifically talking about Sunday's match, but more about our season in general.

It's a recurring theme, and a very worrying one.

Our defense seems fine, it's just going forward that we are so frustrating to watch. If it's not sideways and backwards passing, our midfielders can't really link up with Vardy or any other striker, it becomes tedious and overly complicated. One of our best passes going forward against Manchester United came from Maguire...

The only three teams currently doing worse than us are Brighton, Fulham and Huddersfield...

Southampton are on a five-game unbeaten streak in the league, so are Burnley. Wish we could string some of these results together, it's been roughly three months since we gained at least a point in six consecutive league matches...

In general, the motto remains "One step forward, one-and-a-half back" each time we play under Puel. I'm all for giving the manager and youth a chance, but at some point, I'd like to see progress. Where is it? Have we changed our style of play considerably? Has Puel learnt from previous mistakes? Do we play better? More convincingly? Are we able to dominate games against "lesser" teams more than before? Do we play with vigor and joy? Do we actually want to win matches? Where is that belief?

All of that appears to be missing. I wonder why...

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Just as an aside, I wasn't specifically talking about Sunday's match, but more about our season in general.

It's a recurring theme, and a very worrying one.

Our defense seems fine, it's just going forward that we are so frustrating to watch. If it's not sideways and backwards passing, our midfielders can't really link up with Vardy or any other striker, it becomes tedious and overly complicated. One of our best passes going forward against Manchester United came from Maguire...

We definitely seem to be missing spark going forwards. Like you say defense seems fine. Lack of goals is a concern. Hopefully Tielemans adds something. 

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Exactly. Nacho is already very low on confidence booing him is hardly going to help. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The one positive from yesterday was that it proved again the best CB pairing is Evans and Maguire.  

Evans is very good. His positioning is excellent. A very good signing. But there were other positives from yesterday. eg Barnes.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Exactly. Nacho is already very low on confidence booing him is hardly going to help. 

Very odd behaviour from some of our fans. It is almost as if they don't understand what it is like to be a Leicester City supporter. We don't win the league every year you know!

But we did win the league. And I'll never forget that, or fail to get pure bliss from it.

Edited by trabuch