Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

and his old mate Bob down the pub had an opinion on something - shame they cut him off. And oh yeah because you read FT ITK stuff occasionally doesnt mean you're in the know, lads

Eurgh that one who calls Radio Leicester regularly on now. His points - Tielemans should've started because he's an international in from Monaco(he's had one training session and we're against United)

Sod talking more about 5live callers for me. Vast majority are morons. Oop, now he wants Rafa Benitez in . . . or Eddie Howe. Because Puel 'isn't and never was the right man for the club' we've 'gone backwards', despite going from Shakespeare flirting with relegation and a load of old plodders in the team to now nothing but exciting, if inexperienced youth everywhere.

• Like 3

We r a good team, adapting to actually playing a proper game of football. As for today, pretty darn good. Though this match was screaming for Tielemans. Ndidi and Mendy are normally very good at getring after mids and such but they both are so over cautious or down right bad, at times, on the ball its mind numbing. If we had a mid out there who could thread a pass or at least attempt a fowaed pass from the deep midfield, i think that open things right up for us.

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Ricardo cost us 2 points with a brain dead moment in an otherwise pretty mediocre and forgettable game.

There was all there rèally was to it today. Can't blame the manager too much today.

See, although it was an errant pass by Ricardo it wasnt that horrendous. The commentator said he shouldn't have played the pass but it was an incisive move in to space rather than a percentage ball down the line. The problem was it missed Mendy and both Maguire and Chilwell were far too close to one another and it was easy for Rashford. Youd have think them pair would have learnt their lesson after Rashfords sitter only a few mins earlier, but no.

I thought we did very well overall. Bar a mistake for their goal and some poor decision making we could, maybe should, have won the game.

going forward I would like to see tielemans come in for mendy and we need a genuine goal threat from the bench. If we’ve not got any one in the academy we can call upon I’d bring Wes on and put Harry up front for last 10-15.

need to sort our strikers out in the summer. Doesn’t suit vardy when teams sit in, Okazaki needs to leave and iheanacho needs a serious confidence boost (playing him wide didn’t help his cause) 

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thought we did O.K. overall and maybe deserved a point. Man U were bang average and there for the taking. Pogba is such a spoilt brat and spent more time on his arse or moaning to the ref. Lingard impressed me first half.

For us I thought Barnes was superb. The kid is fit as fvck and looked like he could run all day. Vardy put a shift in and Maguire was everywhere and one of our most creative outlets. Kasper didn't have a fat lot to do really.

Wilf and Mendy together do my head in. First half especially they looked scared to death to move forward with the ball. Second half they improved but there's no way I'd continue playing them together.

We're not a million miles off being a decent side but inexperience, poor decision making and a lack of confidence shines through in such a young team. We've just got to keep the faith and trust the process because we've got the nucleus of a good team I reckon. 

Agree completely, and the recent stats regarding Puel being the best manager for playing young players backs this up.  I just hope we have the patience to stick with him and the project he is attempting.  I know some people don't like him and I understand their reservations but when you look at the big picture we need to show patience as a club.  X

3 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

So.... we went from 7th and people was saying to shut up and stop complaing and now we 11th so... are them same people gonna be like shut up we 11th now lol

Probably yes.

"7th = good = shut up for a minute" was used because we thought it was basic enough for the simpler ones to understand compared to the real arguments in defense of Puel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't get this 'we have great young players, etc, etc'.

They are competent, but Barnes, Gray, Mags, Mads, Ghezzal, Hamza don't look anything special......no where near the Mahrez, Kante or even Vardy category.  The latter have shown true talent with end product which is the thing we really lack.

Exactly. Game changers. 

We still have one, but the manager  is not interested in utilising this. Any one with a brain knows that a team needs to revolve around the goalscorer; it’s tactics need to provide what he needs to win games for us.

Hence the team as a whole is under achieving because the manager; arrogant ****er that he is, is doing the opposite.

It’s nothing short of stupidity.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thought we did O.K. overall and maybe deserved a point. Man U were bang average and there for the taking. Pogba is such a spoilt brat and spent more time on his arse or moaning to the ref. Lingard impressed me first half.

For us I thought Barnes was superb. The kid is fit as fvck and looked like he could run all day. Vardy put a shift in and Maguire was everywhere and one of our most creative outlets. Kasper didn't have a fat lot to do really.

Wilf and Mendy together do my head in. First half especially they looked scared to death to move forward with the ball. Second half they improved but there's no way I'd continue playing them together.

We're not a million miles off being a decent side but inexperience, poor decision making and a lack of confidence shines through in such a young team. We've just got to keep the faith and trust the process because we've got the nucleus of a good team I reckon. 

Last bit is spot on. Good post

1 hour ago, copunk said:

Leaving the game I didn't know how to feel to be honest, having had time to think about it united were there to be got at and its a shame we had no cutting edge in the final third, apart from the goal our defence really had nothing to do and overall aside from the pathetic marking for rashfords goal, I thought all played decent, the ndidi Mendy debate is gonna go on forever, thought they were both terrible first half but felt ndidi had a better second half and mendy looked like he was trying to drive forward a bit more, no one for me played really poorly, even ghezzal (who I really don't rate) came on and put in an ok performance, I take heart from the fact that it looked like we really tried and gave it a go, just the usual conceding the opening goal and not taking chances, felt Barnes was a massive plus today, always looking to drive at the defence and always looks for the ball, better teams have and will play this United team this season under ole and get destroyed, we more then matched them today but again it's a case of what could have been 

Let's talk tactics. We have to introduce Tielemans immediately. From a spacing standpoint, playing Tiel forces the opposition to defend a wider area of the pitch. Right now, teams don't spend much time concerning themselves with our MFs up near the top of the penalty box. They focus on not giving Vardy room to get behind them and primarily look to defend our attacks coming from the sidelines. They know that despite his reputation, Maddison is not much of a threat from up there at present, and Ndidi is shank-o-matic from up top, they love him shooting from 5 yards outside the box and send the ball into the bloody 14th row. But Tiel is a legit threat there, if they defend him like that he will take the ball fwd until he meets resistance and then level a dangerous shot or look for someone cutting towards goal. They will be forced to plan to come out to meet him much more quickly than they do at present. Extending the defense out from goal will serve to improve our spacing, acting as a decongestant for the box and giving our attacking players more room to maneuver. 

I would rather see us take the chance of Tiel not being ready for the Prem and risk conceding more goals (though he appears quality as a defender) than wasting one more match with Ndidi and Mendy in the middle of the pitch. Pick one of them as a starter, let the other back him up, and insert Tiel. Tiel is immediately our most creative player, the one guy we have who might create some magic against a well-defended box. Nobody else on the squad has his gifts on the ball. If he cannot do it, well, at least we bloody tried to address the screamingly obvious problem we have in the middle of the pitch that f'ing EVERYONE ON THIS SITE HAS RECOGNIZED FOR FUCHING MONTHS. Claude is one stubborn SOB, I'll give him that. His misplaced belief in our DMs' ability to pass the ball fwd effectively has been astonishing to watch because of how long he has labored under this mistaken belief. How much data do you bloody well need Claude? 

Though that is not our only issue. It isn't even our primary one. The main problem is we have no cutting edge, period. Before, at least Vards and Maddison could score, but they are poor now as well. It will be the same thing next week, and the week after, unless we change something. Every single week it is more of the same, people who should not be taking shots taking shots. "Oh wow, look at all the chances we created!" Irrelevant if we have players like Ndidi and Evans embarrassing themselves out there with their "finishing." Even more irrelevant if our better finishers like Maddison and Vardy donk off outstanding goal-scoring opportunities. 

Claude is a stubborn git, but he isn't the main problem despite his mindless substitution patterns. Claude's tactics put our players in position to score goals. We could've easily gotten a second goal at Liverpool. We had plenty of chances today. But our players are awful finishers. They dribble the ball weakly to the keeper, or send it miles wide of the goal with their head, or into the stands with their boot. 

Our players are choking to start games. Over and over again. They need to calm the F down and take a breath. 

Edited by vanity

36 minutes ago, vanity said:

Let's talk tactics. We have to introduce Tielemans immediately. From a spacing standpoint, playing Tiel forces the opposition to defend a wider area of the pitch. Right now, teams don't spend much time concerning themselves with our MFs up near the top of the penalty box. They focus on not giving Vardy room to get behind them and primarily look to defend our attacks coming from the sidelines. They know that despite his reputation, Maddison is not much of a threat from up there at present, and Ndidi is shank-o-matic from up top, they love him shooting from 5 yards outside the box and send the ball into the bloody 14th row. But Tiel is a legit threat there, if they defend him like that he will take the ball fwd until he meets resistance and then level a dangerous shot or look for someone cutting towards goal. They will be forced to plan to come out to meet him much more quickly than they do at present. Extending the defense out from goal will serve to improve our spacing, acting as a decongestant for the box and giving our attacking players more room to maneuver. 

I would rather see us take the chance of Tiel not being ready for the Prem and risk conceding more goals (though he appears quality as a defender) than wasting one more match with Ndidi and Mendy in the middle of the pitch. Pick one of them as a starter, let the other back him up, and insert Tiel. Tiel is immediately our most creative player, the one guy we have who might create some magic against a well-defended box. Nobody else on the squad has his gifts on the ball. If he cannot do it, well, at least we bloody tried to address the screamingly obvious problem we have in the middle of the pitch that f'ing EVERYONE ON THIS SITE HAS RECOGNIZED FOR FUCHING MONTHS. Claude is one stubborn SOB, I'll give him that. His misplaced belief in our DMs' ability to pass the ball fwd effectively has been astonishing to watch because of how long he has labored under this mistaken belief. How much data do you bloody well need Claude? 

Though that is not our only issue. It isn't even our primary one. The main problem is we have no cutting edge, period. Before, at least Vards and Maddison could score, but they are poor now as well. It will be the same thing next week, and the week after, unless we change something. Every single week it is more of the same, people who should not be taking shots taking shots. "Oh wow, look at all the chances we created!" Irrelevant if we have players like Ndidi and Evans embarrassing themselves out there with their "finishing." Even more irrelevant if our better finishers like Maddison and Vardy donk off outstanding goal-scoring opportunities. 

Claude is a stubborn git, but he isn't the main problem despite his mindless substitution patterns. Claude's tactics put our players in position to score goals. We could've easily gotten a second goal at Liverpool. We had plenty of chances today. But our players are awful finishers. They dribble the ball weakly to the keeper, or send it miles wide of the goal with their head, or into the stands with their boot. 

Our players are choking to start games. Over and over again. They need to calm the F down and take a breath. 

Thanks for this. saw the match in the pub so had the advantage of throwing a few pints down my throat  as I was watching. Defensively we looked better than Arsenal were against Man City in the match after. If certain individuals had a bit more composure we'd have got something out the game.

Ndidi has been getting stick from certain quarters but thought he had a good game today. Also thought that  'pretend Mahrez' did ok when he came on.

Will be at Wembley on Sunday when I expect us to get the 3 points   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

If Leicester wasn't so focused on fouling and injuring pogba he wouldn't be on the floor. Some of the fouls against him should have had players getting sent off.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thought Barnes was brilliant, but do think he tired near the end. 

We cut them open at times with our passing and runs which was brilliant to see. 

Pogba when he wants is one of the best, but as you mentioned, spends far too long being a tw@t. Felt the ref gave a lot of cheap fouls their way. 

Wilf seems to be coming into form, he's winning the ball a lot more and is covering the ground he used to. Mendy was shakey first half, unlucky to be booked, but then improved second half. Still prefer to see Hamza or Tielemans in that position, think the latter will give us a lot of creativity in that area of the pitch.

We have some serious ability in that team. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Some weirdo on 606 saying we should go 3 at the back (Evans, Morgan and Soyuncu) and play Maguire up front alongside Vardy.

lollollol

He was nearly right, we went for 1 at the back - Evans!

Maguire needs to understand why he is in the team

Edited by TonyN11
Didn't slag off Maguire enough

37 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

If Leicester wasn't so focused on fouling and injuring pogba he wouldn't be on the floor. Some of the fouls against him should have had players getting sent off.

Sorry, is this comment for real? thought not!

Edited by TonyN11