Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

All the stick Mendy/Ndidi get completely ignores the fact that they have got 4 attacking lads in front of them. Puel sets it up deliberately that the two CMs do ALL of the donkey work and the front 4 create and score. I think we're pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Either slate the front 4 or Puels tactics.

I think you’re wrong, Mendy and Ndidi offer nothing in creativity, what we need is somebody who can play from deep and drive the midfield forward, that’s why I am glad we have got a box to box midfielder in Tielemans, we have been crying out for that type of player.

We always look to play it wide, and the majority of the time it’s a wasted ball in the box, with Tielemans we will have so many more options which can only help the team.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

On another day, we’d have got something from that.

How many times are we gonna hear this? We keep saying it after every loss. As someone has already said, need a goal and bringing on Okazaki is genuinely pointless, we may aswell not bother even making the sub. Once again a slow start has cost us a point.

I don't think Mendy is consistently good enough, I hope Youri comes in for the next game.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

7 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

The state of these refs is beyond me, look at this sh8t! 

Baffles. I don't think he's actually corrupt, but it's undeniable he favours the big team in every game he refs, to the point fans joke about it (e.g. Spurs vs Villa the other year where he runs off celebrating). He's got no spine, no ability to manage a game. Just caves to the reputation of those he's reffing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

We’ve scored more than 2 goals in the PL this season, twice! 3 against Huddersfield and 3 in the defeat at Wolves. 

We’re just not converting enough chances. That’s where the biggest problem is!

It's cause we are too defensive even in attack and it doesn't not suit vardy style, he has to put in more effort now to be part of the game, it's taking a toll on him. You either play to this strength scoring goals or you get a attacker who suits puels system, if there is such a striker??? 

Edited by southfox66

2 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

It's cause we are too defensive even in attack and it doesn't not suit vardy style, he has to put in more effort now to be part of the game, it's taking a toll on him. You either play to this strength scoring goals or you get a attacker who suits puels system, if there is such a striker??? 

Vardy had 2 decent opportunities today. Not easy chances, granted, but I'd have hoped he'd have put at least one of them away. People act like he's not getting any chances. He is, but his conversion rate is down this season.

• Like 1

I was waiting for blood and thunder Second half, in the end we just got a passing shower. Not enough tempo. The difference away from home is very notable at the moment, other than the early goals against. For Tielemans not even to be on the bench is surprising. Hopefully he watched that thinking I can make a real difference here and not what have I done!! Palace and Brighton coming up at home are a concern. Knowing us we’ll hand Spurs their first draw of the season next week!!

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Vardy had 2 decent opportunities today. Not easy chances, granted, but I'd have hoped he'd have put at least one of them away. People act like he's not getting any chances. He is, but his conversion rate is down this season.

He's missed the third most clear chances in the league so far this season.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’m looking forward to Kaspers eventual autobiography 

“Ten years of kicking it out of play and still getting paid: The tale of my two left feet”

The worrying thing is, lately he's been kicking it straight to the opposition in dangerous positions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Now days he get snap chances, whereas before the chances he got gave him time to think how was going to score, he's admitted himself this style of play doesn't suit him

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

All the stick Mendy/Ndidi get completely ignores the fact that they have got 4 attacking lads in front of them. Puel sets it up deliberately that the two CMs do ALL of the donkey work and the front 4 create and score. I think we're pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Either slate the front 4 or Puels tactics.

Agree with this to a large extent. Our attacking midfielders just don’t produce the goods often enough. They’ve got supportive full backs, two hard working DMs, yet they never score and rarely assist.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Some weirdo on 606 saying we should go 3 at the back (Evans, Morgan and Soyuncu) and play Maguire up front alongside Vardy.

lollollol

and his old mate Bob down the pub had an opinion on something - shame they cut him off. And oh yeah because you read FT ITK stuff occasionally doesnt mean you're in the know, lads

Absolutely classic Puelball today:

start slowly

concede

build momentum, slowly

fail to capitalise

lots of sideways passing

good start to second half

lots of sideways passing

a few half chances and near misses 

fall to a narrow defeat 

Yet again I leave looking for (and finding some) positives, but ultimatley I don’t get excited watching us at all, I don’t look forward to games and we’re underachieving with a talented squad. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’m looking forward to Kaspers eventual autobiography 

“Ten years of kicking it out of play and still getting paid: The tale of my two left feet”

I can’t add more reactions today, however myself and my wife both laughed out loud at this. Excellent lol 

• Like 1

Leaving the game I didn't know how to feel to be honest, having had time to think about it united were there to be got at and its a shame we had no cutting edge in the final third, apart from the goal our defence really had nothing to do and overall aside from the pathetic marking for rashfords goal, I thought all played decent, the ndidi Mendy debate is gonna go on forever, thought they were both terrible first half but felt ndidi had a better second half and mendy looked like he was trying to drive forward a bit more, no one for me played really poorly, even ghezzal (who I really don't rate) came on and put in an ok performance, I take heart from the fact that it looked like we really tried and gave it a go, just the usual conceding the opening goal and not taking chances, felt Barnes was a massive plus today, always looking to drive at the defence and always looks for the ball, better teams have and will play this United team this season under ole and get destroyed, we more then matched them today but again it's a case of what could have been 

16 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

We need a different striker. We need someone good with his hold up play who comes back to the ball and plays his wings and FBs in from the top of the box. Someone who is a presence in our build-up. He is too easy for teams to take away at thi spoint, plus he isn't 100% healthy. Just a massive, massive miss at the transfer deadline, we didn't need to buy a stud, an older back-up with experience in this system might've worked wonders.