Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man Utd Home Post Match 0-1

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Did not understand why Maddison got hauled after 60 mins.

This. 

But more worrying is the complete lack of depth in the striking dept. Shinji and Nacho were never going to change the game for us and when combined with an out of form Vards........

Could be a very frustrating and uncomfortable end to the season 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't get this 'we have great young players, etc, etc'.

They are competent, but Barnes, Gray, Mags, Mads, Ghezzal, Hamza don't look anything special......no where near the Mahrez, Kante or even Vardy category.  The latter have shown true talent with end product which is the thing we really lack.

If we had an academy that could turn out the likes of Mahrez, Kante or Vardy we'd be world beaters.  I think a dose of realism is called for!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Gray,Maddison,Ndidi,Ineahacho,Mendy & Choudury are not capable of scoring more than 10 goals per season between them...(Morgan & Maguire could probably equal this total )...and Vardy will never again  be the player he was in our title winning season...Hopefully Tielemans and Barnes can help address the problem but its pretty plain to see now we need another goalscorer

Vardy will never be as effective as he was in the title season, no while he he being used as a loan striker. That is not his game. 

Entertaining game.

Poor error from Ricardo compounded by Maguire gave them the goal but we should have got at least a draw. Vardy is our prinicpal striker and he was given 3 good chances, at least 1 should have been put away.

I really enjoyed the linked play of Chilwell, Barnes, Maddison and Gray; they look a great corps of players for our future.

Evans was a massive upgrade on Wes. Maguire had some great moments to go with a couple of poor positions.

Ndidi needs a rest, just doesn't think fast enough nor control the ball well enough. Mendy looked poor with a few bad passes and could easily have gotten a red. Hamza in for the rest of the season please.

Ghezzal hit a couple of great balls and that FK was better than a Mahrez FK.

Kasper had some poor distribution and could easily have cost us a goal.

Shinji is finished, why didn't we sell him, so he could play somewhere closer to his level?

1 minute ago, PaulW said:

If we had an academy that could turn out the likes of Mahrez, Kante or Vardy we'd be world beaters.  I think a dose of realism is called for!

I agree those fans calling the youts greats or even suggesting the future greats is beyond comprehension.

5 minutes ago, ForeverandEver said:

Full Time on SKY - He didn’t look very happy & tried to tell Ricardo about it... have a look on Twitter ? 

Dunno if it’s aimed at Puel from that, but either way, I’d be furious if after all that your manager goes over and starts rimming one of their players.

• Like 3

Leicester manager Claude Puel, speaking to Sky Sports: "It's crazy. At the start we don't believe enough in our quality. Afterwards we play with intent and we can hurt teams like United. But it's a big disappointment because we found good quality in the second half with a lot of chances to come back.

"The first thing is we have to take responsibility. It was not a fantastic start from United either but we didn't take responsibility. We played backwards or laterally without playing forward, without pressing and without putting them under pressure. It's a shame."

On the decision to take James Maddison off in the second half: "I wanted to give more energy. We had other possibilities on the bench. I wanted more desire and to push the team. It was difficult to recover the ball and we needed to try different things to continue to create chances."

Is he worried by three straight home defeats? "My only concern is this game. There's a lot of frustration because we had all the possibility to get at least a draw. It's not a fair result because we had all the chances. It's too difficult always to chase the game and we are not happy about it."

Right..or wrong...???

Yes I am still behind Puel. We are creating,since December we are getting ourselves in and around the box,we are not

Breaking up like we did at beginning of the season,and damn good chances are there,but not converting!!!

Can the Bbone of our youth,with some summer signings in the striker department,turn their mixed-fortunes around.

I thought Maddisons substitution,was on the cards...it nearly paid off!!

I disagree with those that think we are boring,and some players are not up to PL standard. The rebuild is painfully and downright frustrating. Like A lot of other PL teams players,we have decent players,making major abysmal errors,and usually

the goals we conceded are compounded more,by  the 2nd or 3rd mistake in the same incident...Then we and behold,those

Players go on to have decent games......

I do believe Puel has to decide now..from Mendy or Ndidi,one has to be benched,and we should have a 3 man midfield

plus maddison....    If we had the players I would probably bench(not drop) both!!!

against Spurs,I would have. Choudry /Ndidi / Thielmans..

also Vardy( my hero) at present is a worry.  I still believe he can comeback and give us 2-3 top seasons!!!

If we had a spare striker,we could afford to start him from the Bench...We should of brought in an old style  experienced

Front man,from anywhere for 4-8 mil,from any source....!!!

Nachos implosion,has ripped out any other striking potential

1 minute ago, boosmanana said:

Next game providing everyone is fit, I'd go:

Schmeichel

Pereira

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Tielemans

Ndidi

Albrighton

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

I’d say thats probably our best lineup currently, you could argue Hamza for Ndidi on form but Ndidi has the experience

Just to put things into context, Paul Pogba cost more than our entire starting 11 put together. Or if not, it's pretty close.

Our title winning team has more or less been broken up. Only Vardy and Kasper started today, Shinji came on. This is a new set of players and Leicester are in transition. We could well see a managerial change in the summer, but regardless patience is needed whilst these players develop and improve together. We currently have the youngest team in the league.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve been pretty staunchly CP in but the guy is really starting to test my patience with his selections and subs . It’s one step forward 2 back . He’s finally embraced life after Wes ( which is whAt we have all been advocating) but keeps turning to the likes of Shinji and Ian expecting them to make things happen late in a game when anyone can see things won’t . 

Barnes has a promising game but I fully expect to see him benched at Spurs and Hamza has clearly shit the bed to be unable to displace Mendy 

We are far better playing away at the moment ..  the players know that and you can almost taste the tension when they come out of that tunnel at home matches ..  they seem frozen and only snap out of it when the opposition score ...    when they get through this we will flourish imo.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

I’ve been pretty staunchly CP in but the guy is really starting to test my patience with his selections and subs . It’s one step forward 2 back . He’s finally embraced life after Wes ( which is whAt we have all been advocating) but keeps turning to the likes of Shinji and Ian expecting them to make things happen late in a game when anyone can see things won’t . 

Barnes has a promising game but I fully expect to see him benched at Spurs and Hamza has clearly shit the bed to be unable to displace Mendy 

Who else do we have to add an attacking impetus though? He subbed on every attacking-minded player we had on the bench.

Our issue is the lack of quality in our squad. We have nothing to change a game and nobody on the bench that can add something different.