bovril

Ways you have referenced or paid tribute to Leicester City in everyday life

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Oops, I meant that's the username ! Not giving password but hacking it won't do you any good, there's about 50p in there :)

Yeah there's about thruppence half'penny and some flint in there now. Sorry. 

Where do I start? My drinking mug at work is, or course, a fox, wearing a cap and scarf. There is a fox hanging below the rear view mirror on my car, and an enamel fox stuck in the dashboard. There is a fox painted on the wall of my house, which I will have to repaint this spring as the whole of the outside of the house needs painting. Inside, you are never more than ten feet from a fox. Brass door-knocker in the shape of a fox. Fox doorstop in the bedroom. The bedroom mirror completely surrounded by foxes. Painting of fox leaping in the snow. Fox face shaped water jugs somewhere in the living room. More foxes of various shapes and sizes in the living room and a taxidermy fox by the window. Oh, and books. From where I am sitting I can see 'One Hump or Two'  and 'The Boy from Nowhere'. What do you think my phone ring tone might be?

• Like 2

My wife was pestering me about getting another dog, I eventually agreed as long as we called it after a Leicester player, it arrived the day we were playing Spurs away of the title winning season, so I said we would call it after the first Leicester goal scorer, then it dawned on me what if Shinji, N'golo or Riyad score? Thank fvck for Robert Huth!!!!

On 07/02/2019 at 19:14, foxile5 said:

Once I was on the phone to cooker manufacturer. Gave the serial number as L C F C 1 9 9 7.

You are Roy Cropper & I claim my £5

I have a Champions poster above my desk at work, an empty packet of Salt & Victory crisps on the white board next to me, a Leicester City mug on my desk and the club badge as my desktop background. 

Oh, I also have a picture of my daughter wearing a City shirt when she was only a few months old.

Despite all that, no one talks to me about football!

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I have 30 computers in my classroom and every single one has this as a screensaver 

572e3ac6a4251_GettyImages528942082.jpg.99c8938f2b99c87b485e50abc68d51d0.jpg

Every other computer in the school has a picture of the school or some shit but mine have looked this way since 2016. I actually dedicated a couple of hours to changing them all individually. No-one in a senior role has ever noticed or they just haven't said anything!

:appl::appl::appl:

I wrote a book chapter for an academic work about the construction and belonging of personal, professional and group identities in 2016 and it was published in 2017. Leicester City and being a supporter and fan was used as examples throughout to illustrate the learning. 

• Like 1