Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

You know what I'm thinking when I watch these videos?

People clinging onto a greater belief, seeking group therapy, feeling strong in masses.

It used to be the Church, now it's Europe/the EU.

#groupthink

I agree actually, I think some Europhiles are quasi-religious in their belief in the EU. Same with Brexiters though. Ideology above everything. 

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Barely anyone in the Waitrose on Finchley Road today, if they could organise a march every week that'd be great. 

That's my local Waitrose.

And yes was quite quiet round that way today.

51 minutes ago, bovril said:

That's my local Waitrose.

And yes was quite quiet round that way today.

Used to be my local until 18 months ago too. Small world.

38 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47678763

That's a pretty incredible video, the crowd just seems to go on forever.  It'll be interesting to see if Farage gets as many on the 29th.

In all seriousness though it would have been a quick hop on the tube to get there for a good chunk of that crowd.Central London is a bit more difficult to get to when you live in Middlesbrough Bradford and Stoke.Plus leave won.

The vote on Tuesday, if there is one, will be voted down again.if there are indicative votes, there will never be agreement on any conclusion, there could be a 10 year extension and there would be no majority in Parliament.

If we do end up leaving I really hope it is not due to another referendum as I cannot see how any of the suggested options would not be weighted in favour of a remain vote . 

Over 17 million voted to leave , out the Customs union , out of the single market, out of the legal stranglehold of the ECJ, enabling us to make our own international trade deals.. Sadly I never see this happening at all now.and all the alternative suggestions Common Market 2.0 , Norway plus any of those options what really is the point? They certainly do not respect the leave vote for the reasons I have already mentioned. So if there was no hope of acheiving what leavers voted for then I hope Parliament have the bollox to revoke article 50 and are prepared to face the consequences. Implementation of a second referendum would be a cop out as how can you have a second referendum when you never carried out the result of the first.

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Quite simply, that’s because there is no sane option for leaving. The referendum was flawed in so many ways, but mostly because it allowed people to vote for an abstract concept instead of a set of concrete proposals.

What I was suggesting is there will not be a clean break option on the ballot paper

The whole thing was politically opportunist, whipped up by xenophobic fears, politically vague, and without any sort of plan, even vague political consensus and even the staunch and (vaguely) sane advocates have no idea what to do.

Still, I can't see any other option than to put a knife through the economy in the name of a vote that's understood in a million different ways. Or have another referendum on either the deal or whole thing again. And if it's on the deal then we're still in Brexit limbo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

A gene pool already made up from Scandinavians, French, Normans, Bretons, Anglosaxons, Gaelic, Romans and whatnot.

Some people just don't know their history.

Yup, you're right.

Honestly, I'd find such folks so insistent on national "purity" and so misguided about what ancestry is and means hilarious if they weren't so dangerous.

Theresa May could gain support for her Brexit deal if she promises to stand down as PM, senior Conservatives have told the BBC.

WTF it's either an acceptable deal or it isn't!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

In all seriousness though it would have been a quick hop on the tube to get there for a good chunk of that crowd.Central London is a bit more difficult to get to when you live in Middlesbrough Bradford and Stoke.Plus leave won.

Getting the excuses in early, smart.

Guest MattP

The best thing about these marches is the videos we get from them - great material for the Sunday lunchtime drink in the pub.

Do they realise how much people are laughing at them?

19 hours ago, Buce said:

Petition starter, 77, receives death threats:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47678275

What kind of scum threatens an old lady?

Not that that is right, but I was reading yesterday that whoever started that petition made comments regarding taking a gun to Mays head in order to stop Brexit.

There are also death threats from both sides, which we both know, and I'll happily admit. Both sides are as bad as each other.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Theresa May could gain support for her Brexit deal if she promises to stand down as PM, senior Conservatives have told the BBC. 

WTF it's either an acceptable deal or it isn't!

This is an absolute disgrace if so, if the deal is bad why the hell does it matter who's PM in 3 months time, what am I missing? I keep hearing this argument but it makes no sense to me.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal