Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Also in the news

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Can some of you remainers explain what compromise you would be offering to the Leave voters if you had won? Anyone?  My bet is you would have moved on and we would not even be talking about reforming the EU or any of the other bollocks.

Go hard or go home.

I argued many times that a benefit of staying is we retain the opportunity to have a say on changing how the EU operates.  Most remainers on here made that point as far as I'm aware. I'm sorry that isn't convenient to your straw man argument.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Can some of you remainers explain what compromise you would be offering to the Leave voters if you had won? Anyone?  My bet is you would have moved on and we would not even be talking about reforming the EU or any of the other bollocks.

Go hard or go home...

...or go to Australia, eh, Jon?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wow. Crazy story. You wouldn't even believe that was possible. :blink:

I know. 

Obviously, I have dealt with a lot of cardiac arrests over the years and some make a full recovery, others are resuscitated and then re-arrest and peg it, some are resuscitated but have some other issue as a result of the arrest, such as brain damage or stroke. Most just die, unfortunately, but  the majority of those are elderly or otherwise pretty unwell.

I can only imagine that for resus to continue for 6 hours, there must have been some activity within the heart and circulation to require it to go on for so long. Then all the tests; ECG, blood gasses, pupils, heart sounds, breath sounds etc would have shown the guy had died and resus stopped. 

I also imagine that it wouldn't have been long after the resus was terminated, that he was being taken to the mortuary so maybe, the heart did simply spontaneously restart and for him to make a full recovery means that the resus attempt was very well managed.

What baffles me though is that, in my experience the deceased are moved to the mortuary in an enclosed gurney so how anyone spotted him moving is very odd.

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

ISIS in Syria defeated.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/isil-defeated-syria-sdf-announces-final-victory-190323061233685.html

Hopefully, this will be the last we've seen from them.

Doubt it, at least when they were all fighting in Syria we knew where they were, now they could be popping up anywhere, guns a blazing. 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Doubt it, at least when they were all fighting in Syria we knew where they were, now they could be popping up anywhere, guns a blazing. 

Or setting up a road side cafe in a small provincial town - the Allahu Snack Bar. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I argued many times that a benefit of staying is we retain the opportunity to have a say on changing how the EU operates.  Most remainers on here made that point as far as I'm aware. I'm sorry that isn't convenient to your straw man argument.

Didn't Cameron try that and failed and it led to the referendum?

Guest MattP

How can anyone still believe in reforming the EU? Do they not listen to a word Juncker, Tusk and Verhofstadt say?

That shipped sailed a long time ago.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

How can anyone still believe in reforming the EU? Do they not listen to a word Juncker, Tusk and Verhofstadt say?

That shipped sailed a long time ago.

It's just Remain's version of British exceptionalism. The EU will reform whether we are in it or not but it will be based around € reform and better interaction with the monetary/financial and political institutions. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure what's worse.

The remainers thinking the 'Peoples March' will change anything or the leavers who are getting worked up and defensive about it.

The one that made me laugh was the petition. 

Like, I signed it cos yknow, whatever. But it has about 5m signatures. 

16m registered voters voted for Remain. It doesn't exactly tell you much that 5m email addresses have clicked an online petition. Like, if it got 20m signatures then alright fair play, but as it is its not exactly newsworthy. 

23 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I had a similar reaction when I saw the videos of People's Vote campaigners singing on coaches - though some of the songs were quite good.

I get the distinct impression that most Remain voters rarely meet any Leave voters and vice-versa, so that there's a complete lack of mutual understanding. We live in a very socially divided nation, unfortunately.

It would do both sides good if they actually knew or met people who think the other way.....and on other issues, not Brexit. That's why forums like this are good, allowing people from different backgrounds and with different views to debate them.

I find some of the views expressed by my fellow Remainers (outside FT) naive and cringeworthy - and imagine that some Leave voters feel similarly at some of their crew.

Just going back to this briefly, there was some good insight from @Fez of Mahrez on Twitter yesterday about how football fans on social media often get to see a broader range of political views than others - purely because they end up reading, by accident rather than design, the political views of people they follow for their sporting opinion. I guess the same is true on here to some extent.

I'm not someone who lives in a Remainer bubble by any means, but it does make you wonder how many people there are in this country who are exclusively seeing one side of the argument in real life and online. It's clearly a huge part of the problem in terms of why this has all become so divisive.

Go hard or go home.

Amazing..the politicians have won . "Again"...they have got the electorate arguing against each other,while missing the major point,that the UK govt

hasn't offered either side diddly squat....and it keeps coming back with T.Mays same offers.   You should be demanding her and the top cronies including

the opposition,should get the same treatment as William wallace,and it's  England should be asking for independence,away from Ireland,Scotland and Wales,but

we want to keep Jersey,Guernsey and the Isle of Man....

That way,UK might get a decent..National-Anthem!!!....

We have had the rebirth of Dick III,   Now we need the 'son of Guy Fawkes."...

I was a remainer...but what is happening  is wrong..!!   The Brexiteers have been farted on,and the stench will last for centuries,no matter how much and how long you spray it!!

Even has a remainer,one can't trust any present UK politician or splinter-group. They have ignored the major issues,they have ignored the will of the majority....

The referendums point of first p set the post!!!    Then taken away through sheer stupidity,the one strength we would of had, by taking and making that

Final break. Commit  by saying Fk ..EU customs union,we will become.  ..."A Unique Island state".  

I now believe fervently  past and present top politicians,are frightened,what will be found out,how they sold the UK to the highest bidder..!!! During these 40 years and NOTHING TO DO with any EU ruling...!!!

the blame machine would of had to end,with a complete Brexit....and all of you fell for it,hook line and sinker!!!...even stinker..

:bounce:

:englandsmile4wf:

35 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah well that has been in the offing longer than Brexit!

And I wish you the best of luck, Jon. 

But your opinions ring hollow when your kids won’t grow up to suffer the consequences of them. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just going back to this briefly, there was some good insight from @Fez of Mahrez 'm not someone who lives in a Remainer bubble by any means, but it does make you wonder how many people there are in this country who are exclusively seeing one side of the argument in real life and online. It's clearly a huge part of the problem in terms of why this has all become so divisive.

Matthew Goodwin wrote a piece in this a while back - the vast majority of people are exposed to all sorts of opinion but there are a significant proportion especially on things like Twitter who aren't. 

It was actually more of a problem for Remainers as well - he cited some areas of North London and Brighton where the remain vote was as high as 95%. Leave areas peaked at around 80%.

If you look at the results across the country that seems to work out as well. Places like London, Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford going 70-80% Remain whereas Leave was winning almost everywhere else but with a vote of about 55-60%.

My own personal friendship group reflected this as well with about a 60-40 split in favour of leave. 

Liam Fox is claiming the government could ignore the MPs over Brexit.

It's incredible that our plan becomes vaguer the closer we get to Brexit.

I'm tending to think there must be a referendum on the deal now.

But referendums are normally two way: accept or decline. This could be "accept" or "decline and forget Brexit".

But that still leaves annoyed voters who voted for Brexit but don't like the deal.

And they'll blame the politicians for not getting whatever their idealised definition of Brexit was. And vote for some opportunist antiestablishment Farage clone.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

But referendums are normally two way: accept or decline. This could be "accept" or "decline and forget Brexit".

But that still leaves annoyed voters who voted for Brexit but don't like the deal.

And they'll blame the politicians for not getting whatever their idealised definition of Brexit was. And vote for some opportunist antiestablishment Farage clone.

I'll ask again.

Why would any leaver trust you or parliament to honour the result of a second referendum? 

I wouldn't at all - if it came back with no deal you'd then just come up with a reason as to why we need a third referendum. 

Just now, MattP said:

I'll ask again.

Why would any leaver trust you or parliament to honour the result of a second referendum? 

I wouldn't at all - if it came back with no deal you'd then just come up with a reason as to why we need a third referendum. 

Personally, if we vote for the deal I'd say we've made our bed now let's lie in it.

The marches, petitions and the vagueness of what Brexit is makes me think a vote on the deal is just.

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

This assumes that accept will win another referendum