Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

For evening games

He is our Youri Tielemans

Get us a goal tonight

Cos We're all in the mood for a victory

And you got us feeling alright!

I’ve been known to belt this one out at karaoke nights on occasion.  Love it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, knitro said:

Honestly if nothing else happened this summer besides securing Tielemans, keeping Chilwell and letting the expiring contracts go - that's a good window. Obviously yeah I'd like another attacking option, either on the wing or striker (or both) but Youri should be priority #1. You're paying a premium for his age, but it would be worth it entirely. This try before we buy loan is working out really well I hope. 

I'm not so sure Rodgers would see it that way, I think he's lining up a fair few targets to enable the club to play the style of football he likes to play. I do wonder if we could also see the departure of some players we thought were the long term future here.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure Rodgers would see it that way, I think he's lining up a fair few targets to enable the club to play the style of football he likes to play. I do wonder if we could also see the departure of some players we thought were the long term future here.

well Rodgers did zero to inspire me with his first lineup - so we can only hope it's minimal damage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We made a 40m bid for Sigurdsson which is why Everton had to pay so much. Therefore spending a bit less on a player who is arguably better, and definitely with more potential seems like a no brainer. Not to mention he’s already shown he gets on with the team and can deal with the English game. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, knitro said:

Honestly if nothing else happened this summer besides securing Tielemans, keeping Chilwell and letting the expiring contracts go - that's a good window. Obviously yeah I'd like another attacking option, either on the wing or striker (or both) but Youri should be priority #1. You're paying a premium for his age, but it would be worth it entirely. This try before we buy loan is working out really well I hope. 

I can't agree with that personally, I actually think the opposite. Tielmans should only come in if we reinforce elsewhere. 

We have no cover at left back and even arguably right back (sorry Amartey), we're seriously short in quality on the wing, we have one reliable striker, if we don't trust Soyuncu, we're over reliant on Maddison. Even if Tielmans signs he's then our only CM with actual creativity leaving us ****ed if HE gets hurt. 

1 hour ago, knitro said:

well Rodgers did zero to inspire me with his first lineup - so we can only hope it's minimal damage. 

He had four days with the players FFS. Did you really expect him to be making wholesale changes immediately? What would have inspired you?

He changed to 3atb - which people have been crying out for - and he brought the club captain back into the fold which might not have been the wisest decision in hindsight but on paper it's reasonable and more importantly will win him favour with the players who have proven notoriously difficult to work with for previous managers.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I can't agree with that personally, I actually think the opposite. Tielmans should only come in if we reinforce elsewhere. 

We have no cover at left back and even arguably right back (sorry Amartey), we're seriously short in quality on the wing, we have one reliable striker, if we don't trust Soyuncu, we're over reliant on Maddison. Even if Tielmans signs he's then our only CM with actual creativity leaving us ****ed if HE gets hurt. 

ST, CM and left back backup are musts. Another wide man would be the cherry on the cake, but I don't see the point unless they are absolutely top draw.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

ST, CM and left back backup are musts. Another wide man would be the cherry on the cake, but I don't see the point unless they are absolutely top draw.

I personally think our biggest failure in the summer is we didn't go out and spend decent money competing for Filipe Anderson or our own equivalent. I don't mean to flog a dead horse but Ghezzal really is wank. 

I genuinely believe if we'd recruited one or two genuine, top half, Europa League qualification quality attacking midfielders / inside forwards / wingers then Puel would still be in a job, for all his faults. 

Maybe we really couldn't afford it, I don't know, we did also need to spend on Soyuncu and Benkovic to guard the future and we did need Ricardo more urgently. 

But we're tragically short of attacking quality to be fair and however much potential Barnes and Maddison have, we ask way too much of them in the short term. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally think our biggest failure in the summer is we didn't go out and spend decent money competing for Filipe Anderson or our own equivalent. I don't mean to flog a dead horse but Ghezzal really is wank. 

I genuinely believe if we'd recruited one or two genuine, top half, Europa League qualification quality attacking midfielders / inside forwards / wingers then Puel would still be in a job, for all his faults. 

Maybe we really couldn't afford it, I don't know, we did also need to spend on Soyuncu and Benkovic to guard the future and we did need Ricardo more urgently. 

But we're tragically short of attacking quality to be fair and however much potential Barnes and Maddison have, we ask way too much of them in the short term. 

I agree, I think the burden on the wages of Fuch, Simpson, King, Morgan, Okizaki, Silva, and Iborra had a lot to do we us not spending heavy in the summer.

This summer that burden should be lifted, I would be surprised if we don't spend big. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, I think the burden on the wages of Fuch, Simpson, King, Morgan, Okizaki, Silva, and Iborra had a lot to do we us not spending heavy in the summer.

This summer that burden should be lifted, I would be surprised if we don't spend big. 

Certainly we'll find out two things this summer. 

One, is Top as restrained as his dad. 

Two, will all the structural developments curb our spending on the squad. 

Because if ever investment was needed its now. It does worry me, though, Rodgers is no doubt a great coach but his achilles heel is definitely the transfer market. Throw in our abysmal, scattergun transfer policy post-Nigel and it is cause for concern. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely, we have zero end product from any of our wingers and attacking midfielders. Its crucial you have a spine of players who can deliver, mixed with the potential of Barnes, Gray and Maddison. Our most reliable source of creativity has come from Ricardo who is a defender. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree, as I say they've got to be absolutely top draw if we go out and get one though. I'm just not sure there money will be there this summer as we desperately need the CM and the Striker as the players just aren't there. Where as on the wing, we could get by with Gray, Barnes, Albrighton, Ghezzal. You could say we didn't need the CB's last summer, but really we'd just be kicking the can down the road if we didn't get them, meaning this summers budget would be gone on CB's rather than on a CM or a Striker, or spread between them all compromising the quality.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I agree, as I say they've got to be absolutely top draw if we go out and get one though. I'm just not sure there money will be there this summer as we desperately need the CM and the Striker as the players just aren't there. Where as on the wing, we could get by with Gray, Barnes, Albrighton, Ghezzal. You could say we didn't need the CB's last summer, but really we'd just be kicking the can down the road if we didn't get them, meaning this summers budget would be gone on CB's rather than on a CM or a Striker, or spread between them all compromising the quality.

Soyuncu cant be happy playing only a handful of games though, I do worry if Maguire stays where he fits in?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu cant be happy playing only a handful of games though, I do worry if Maguire stays where he fits in?

Soyuncu, Benkovic, Evans, Maguire as the four. If we even want to be a good team, there are going to be good players and big signings missing out, it means you have strength in depth.

I think the Benkovic signing was a reaction to us mucking up with Silva, we clearly felt Maguire might go and decided to not get ourselves into that situation again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we need 2 new central midfielders, at least 1 striker, 1 winger/attacking midfielder like Brais Mendes and a utility full back. Done

I'd add an experienced CB - similar to the Evans transfer - to that list as I can see Maguire going, not that that's necessarily a bad thing... We've got good young options but if Maguire goes and Evans was injured our back line would all be u23 and that could be an issue.

CM: Tielemans

CM: (McGregor?) 

ST: (Austin or Adams?)

W/AM: Mendez 

FB: Milner (Free) 

CB: (?)

I'd be pretty happy with that. With Benkovic coming back in as well we'll have enough options to try the 3atb again, and there'd be enough good quality additions that we can strip away some of those who don't quite cut it or are surplus. With money incoming from Maguire and a couple others net spend would be relatively low, and money 'saved' from expiring contracts would help with that.

Guest MattP

He's looked very good so far but Monaco are seriously taking the piss asking for 40 million quid on a player they have loaned out.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Last summer we have 27 senior players. Too big. Can't afford to add more

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Certainly we'll find out two things this summer. 

One, is Top as restrained as his dad. 

Two, will all the structural developments curb our spending on the squad. 

Because if ever investment was needed its now. It does worry me, though, Rodgers is no doubt a great coach but his achilles heel is definitely the transfer market. Throw in our abysmal, scattergun transfer policy post-Nigel and it is cause for concern. 

"his achilles heel is definitely the transfer market."    How do you know this?