Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't underestimate the importance this effect can have. If he was unloved at Monaco, coming to a team where the fans are behind him can make a big difference to the happiness of the individual. Plus the Premier League is a bigger and more competitive league than the French one. 

At the Spurs game after we lost, he came over to the fans and I made a point of having me and my mates shout "YOURI!" "YOURI!" at the top of our voices. Whilst he no doubt thought I was a complete and utter bell end, I swear to you, he also smiled as we did it.

When he signs in the summer, you can thank me lads lol

probably not the only one :P

• Haha 1

I'd snap there hands off if we can offload Silva onto them, not many clubs would pay his wages for a start, let alone a decent fee.

I'm guessing Tielemans would cost around £25m + Adrien which'd be pretty decent business.

Whatever happens, he'll definitely leave Monaco in the summer as Jardim doesn't rate him and their relationship is fractious. This could work out nicely for us if his first four games are anything to go by.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Do you think it would be 40m plus Adrien then ? 

"Leicester could attempt to negotiate the price down to a lower figure, with midfielder Silva likely to be included in talks for any deal."

I imagine if we did go for it it would probably be £25-30 Million + Silva

Monaco can ask whatever they want, but they only get $40 million if someone offers it. The clubs that can casually do that may want more of a sure thing, or Tielemans may not want to be somewhere if he’s likely to struggle for time.

No one’s talking about it but we have a certain amount of leverage here because Tielemans won’t go back to Monaco unless they change managers again. They have to move him one way or the other.

• Like 1

Honestly if nothing else happened this summer besides securing Tielemans, keeping Chilwell and letting the expiring contracts go - that's a good window. Obviously yeah I'd like another attacking option, either on the wing or striker (or both) but Youri should be priority #1. You're paying a premium for his age, but it would be worth it entirely. This try before we buy loan is working out really well I hope. 

surey we could get that done to say around £34 ot something with Silva in the deal and say maybe 10% sell on clause, would suit all i think

still if i was in charge id be making calls to get the deal done now for £40mi so we dont lose out, good age with experience, a player with the qualities we need and looks the part too, 

id honestly be pleased in the summer window if we got YT and a striker in and didnt lose any of our star players

Edited by FrankieADZ

11 minutes ago, knitro said:

Honestly if nothing else happened this summer besides securing Tielemans, keeping Chilwell and letting the expiring contracts go - that's a good window. Obviously yeah I'd like another attacking option, either on the wing or striker (or both) but Youri should be priority #1. You're paying a premium for his age, but it would be worth it entirely. This try before we buy loan is working out really well I hope. 

Tielemans or a like replacement should be 1-A, but a striker should be 1-B.  I see that as an absolute must.

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Tielemans or a like replacement should be 1-A, but a striker should be 1-B.  I see that as an absolute must.

We will see - obviously with Shinji leaving (and Slimani gone too) we'll need a 3rd, I still have some hope Nacho can end up being decent.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't underestimate the importance this effect can have. If he was unloved at Monaco, coming to a team where the fans are behind him can make a big difference to the happiness of the individual. Plus the Premier League is a bigger and more competitive league than the French one. 

At the Spurs game after we lost, he came over to the fans and I made a point of having me and my mates shout "YOURI!" "YOURI!" at the top of our voices. Whilst he no doubt thought I was a complete and utter bell end, I swear to you, he also smiled as we did it.

When he signs in the summer, you can thank me lads lol

"Not all heroes wear capes"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mad biker said:

Used to like the Micky Galloway song, O way Micky Galloway,  Yuori Youri Tielemans fist very nicely what do you reckon ?

For evening games

He is our Youri Tielemans

Get us a goal tonight

Cos We're all in the mood for a victory

And you got us feeling alright!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1