Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fabregas did struggle with the pace in recent seasons. Sure up until the last time Chelsea won the league he was a rolls royce of a player, but ask any Chelsea fan now what they think - his engine has long since gone!

Think that’s called getting on a bit mate. Nothing to do with the league! Bloke is one of the best midfielders the Prem has ever seen! lol 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Think that’s called getting on a bit mate. Nothing to do with the league! Bloke is one of the best midfielders the Prem has ever seen! lol 

Yes that's what I mean, he could no longer deal with the physical side of the game. In terms of understanding the position and running a game, Fabregas is one of the best ever seen in England and far superior to Tielemans. But Fabregas as of 2019 is not suited to the Premier League, whereas Tielemans is, because his strengths lie in different areas that are well suited for this league, such as his hard running, physical stature and speed alongside his range of passing, shooting and creativity.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Quick question:

Who makes the better pairing?

Tielemans and Ndidi

or

Drinkwater and Kante

Pairing? Since when was Drinky and Kante a pairing - we should be glad they let us play with 12 men and three in midfield! ;) :P :D 

• Like 1

For a team that paid 30 mil. for Slimani, 40 mil. for Tielemans is a no brainer. 

Alternatively......obviously a very different player, but is he looking two-thirds as good as Mahrez in terms of what he brings to the team?  I'd say yes.

• Like 1

For a 21 year old he's adapted to the PL exceptionally well. I agree that 40m is a no brainer as he'll easily be worth more than that after a couple of years. Hopefully we can use Silva in any deal.

I suspect we'll have serious competition from teams in Europe but not many that will be willing to pay what we can. 

Is it me or does Maddison perform better when Tielemans has left the pitch? It seemed so at Watford and Maddison got another assist today late on for Vardy's first. 

Tielemans is is absolute class, he's great to watch. He's also actually younger than Maddison, obviously he has more experience.

Im not suggesting for a minute we don't play them together in the side.  I just wonder if Maddison feels a little overshadowed at times playing along side him? I'm sure he'll get over it!

He comes across as a natural with real insight when on the ball. Sadly come the end of the season I suspect we may get outbid.

The one positive is if we make him welcome he may decide a couple of years with guaranteed games could be what he is after.

during the first half it was superb to have so many capable creative  players with the ball at their feet ..... thinking back to last season when it was ‘get it to riyad - quick’ ..... teams are going to have problems with us as too many players to take care of. We aren’t far away from being v good - need a bit of depth ........

We can’t know for sure but it’d have to be a very good offer from a top 4 club to tempt him away. If he likes the team, has settled and has a good offer with a guaranteed place in the team I can see that being very attractive to a 21 year old.

Remember he has time to go to a bigger club when older and more likely to play. Depends on his agent and family to be honest.

Edited by Mr Weller