Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I think it'll happen. We just need to win enough games now until the end of the season for Tielemans to feel this really is a good project to be involved in. Rodgers will surely be giving him all sorts of outrageous talks. 

If he can see a change and an improvement in the team and hopefully Rodgers sells him a dream combined with the developments we have going on, it could be a big swinging factor for him. 

Leicester also gives him time to adjust to the league, whereas a team like Utd he'd be dropped in and expected to dominate games from the off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sent to me from heaven

Youri Tielemans

You're my world.

You are my world.

Until city he was never happy

he wanted so much more

rain clouds used to chase him

Until he walked through our doors

Hes like sugar and spice

he plays real nice

sent to us from heaven 

youri tielemans 

your our world 

you are our world.

thought I’d extend it a bit ?

Edited by thegaffa

1 minute ago, thegaffa said:

Until city he was never happy

he wanted so much more

rain clouds used to chase him

Until he walked through our doors

sent to us from heaven 

youri tielemans 

your our world 

you are our world.

thought I’d extend it a bit ?

Definitely needs an intro... but anything more than about 6 words and you've got no chance of it catching on. It'll just be another one of those mumbled songs in SK1 nobody joins in with lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hopefully Brendan can go to work on him to get him to stay. 

But let's be honest, we need to be getting some better results also. 

I think it's 50/50 at the moment. Obviously if he gets a better offer he'll be off but that probably won't materialise as the real top clubs have lots of options.

Monaco will want rid and I note Silva played the full 90 mins again at the weekend so that oils the wheels. 

Tielemans will be interested in coming here permanently if he has faith in the manager and sees potential and progression of the team around him. It's not so much about the results now but how we progress under Rodgers and if we improve between now and the end of the season. 

As for Silva he was the joint best Monaco player (alongside Falcao who scored twice) according to whoscored with his best game so far. All good news. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1281485/Live/France-Ligue-1-2018-2019-Angers-Monaco

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Hopefully Brendan can go to work on him to get him to stay. 

But let's be honest, we need to be getting some better results also. 

Rodgers is probably going to be the main reason if he stays or leaves. If he tells Youri he's going to build the team around him (regardless of it's true or not) I could see the deal being done. To be honest I would build a team round him, because he's clearly very, very good. The things that stand out to me are his first touch which whilst not on the Mahrez level is still phenomenal, and his ability to wriggle out of tight corners. Several times the ball will be played to him under pressure, but he has that almost Xavi / Iniesta like ability to make space for himself and then gets the pass out to someone else. If we want to play possession football then we need players of that calibre at the club. His decision making is good, he passes it forward often, he can tackle, he does his fair share of dirty work, and he applauds the fans as he goes off! He's already got the same number of assists as Gray and Albrighton in 4 games, despite us binning off our manager.

There is plenty of room for improvement, but he has the game sense that reminds me of Cambiasso and the physicality of an athlete, which is a pretty good combination if you ask me! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rodgers is probably going to be the main reason if he stays or leaves. If he tells Youri he's going to build the team around him (regardless of it's true or not) I could see the deal being done. To be honest I would build a team round him, because he's clearly very, very good. The things that stand out to me are his first touch which whilst not on the Mahrez level is still phenomenal, and his ability to wriggle out of tight corners. Several times the ball will be played to him under pressure, but he has that almost Xavi / Iniesta like ability to make space for himself and then gets the pass out to someone else. If we want to play possession football then we need players of that calibre at the club. His decision making is good, he passes it forward often, he can tackle, he does his fair share of dirty work, and he applauds the fans as he goes off! He's already got the same number of assists as Gray and Albrighton in 4 games, despite us binning off our manager.

There is plenty of room for improvement, but he has the game sense that reminds me of Cambiasso and the physicality of an athlete, which is a pretty good combination if you ask me! 

Yup that's how I see it also. He does need this period to get into the PL. Rythme of things...If we can persuade him his near future lies here,then we have some

talent in our midst. That with a growing Maddison we will I am sure see a team with potential and promise,that will start to be productive next season...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I think it's 50/50 at the moment. Obviously if he gets a better offer he'll be off but that probably won't materialise as the real top clubs have lots of options.

Monaco will want rid and I note Silva played the full 90 mins again at the weekend so that oils the wheels. 

Tielemans will be interested in coming here permanently if he has faith in the manager and sees potential and progression of the team around him. It's not so much about the results now but how we progress under Rodgers and if we improve between now and the end of the season. 

As for Silva he was the joint best Monaco player (alongside Falcao who scored twice) according to whoscored with his best game so far. All good news. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1281485/Live/France-Ligue-1-2018-2019-Angers-Monaco

For Monaco its all about the money, so they're in control.

He has Three years left on his contract and we can't be the only ones interested in him.

Depending on the competition for him we better be prepared to get out the wallet (Lemar went for 60 mil euro plus resale).

Monaco will continue to either play him, loan him, or sell him until they have received maximum money. Like Chelsea.

One advantage is that Rodgers has a good relationship with Roberto Martinez (Belgian manager) which can only be a plus.  If he continues to improve and Rodgers likes him then I would say now is the time to go for it. The price is not going to get smaller until he's in the last year of his contract. I really like the idea of him and Maddison competing for the top six attacking spots. Nothing like competition to push you to learn/work harder. Its addicting. The work rate of a Rodgers team practice/game is intense.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's like there's a magnetic field attracting the ball to his foot sometimes. I don't quite know how hes gets through some of the challenges that he does. 

• Like 1

Touchwood we sign him up permanently in the summer.

Just been looking at Tottenham forum 'fighting cock' and afew posters can't believe they didn't get him in January, and he should be a target for them in the summer. 

Edited by Crispin LA

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

Touchwood we sign him up permanently in the summer.

Just been looking at Tottenham forum 'fighting cock' and afew posters can't believe they didn't get him in January, and he should be a target for them in the summer. 

They'll have trouble out muscling Leicester in the transfer market.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beechey said:

Tielemans was replaced in the second half but was serenaded by the Blue Army, who chanted ‘sign him up,’ as he left the field.

“It is flattering they are singing this and we will see in the summer,” he added.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/youri-tielemans-jamie-vardy-leicester-2604577

He definitely made a point to turn around and clap the fans again after hearing this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Definitely needs an intro... but anything more than about 6 words and you've got no chance of it catching on. It'll just be another one of those mumbled songs in SK1 nobody joins in with lol

One of those mumbled songs in SK1 nobody can join in with due to the entire ground drowning out the lyrics with their clappers.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

One of those mumbled songs in SK1 nobody can join in with due to the entire ground drowning out the lyrics with their clappers.

Hopefully we give Fulham’s away fans clappers, so we can have our own derby. ‘Battle of the clappers’