Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'I'm so happy I'm on the sofa' - Leicester City title-winner Robert Huth opens up on retirement

That header vs Spurs.

That brace vs Man City.

That freekick vs Stoke.

All brilliant moments of jubilation, disbelief and outright comedy. What a player. Absolute rock for us, still can't believe how cheaply we got him.

Wonder what he'll end up doing next, if anything. Seems pretty content taking it easy, and who can blame him particularly after the last few years? Wouldn't surprise me if he goes a similar route to Crouch and does a podcast, seems to have the right kind of humour for it. I'd certainly lsiten

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

That header vs Spurs.

That brace vs Man City.

That freekick vs Stoke.

All brilliant moments of jubilation, disbelief and outright comedy. What a player. Absolute rock for us, still can't believe how cheaply we got him.

Wonder what he'll end up doing next, if anything. Seems pretty content taking it easy, and who can blame him particularly after the last few years? Wouldn't surprise me if he goes a similar route to Crouch and does a podcast, seems to have the right kind of humour for it. I'd certainly lsiten

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Huth won three Premier League titles and earned 19 caps for Germany during his career, but it is the glory with City that will stick with him.

“We were seven points from safety when I arrived from Stoke,” he said. “It was the best thing I have been part of – from bottom of the league to champions in 18 months.

“When I have a s*** day, I put on YouTube. I just put in ‘L’ and up comes Leicester.

“Most players want to win something and I’m buzzing that I did. In 20 years’ time, we will be sitting here and still talking about it.

“Most days I wake up smiling.”

He ****ing loves it, worra bloke

1 hour ago, bovril said:

But then I suppose they all do.

They all had the season of their lives, if you say Huth you have to say Morgan, then Fuchs, Simpson, Kasper but then you realise it was each and every one of those eleven. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They all had the season of their lives, if you say Huth you have to say Morgan, then Fuchs, Simpson, Kasper but then you realise it was each and every one of those eleven. 

Indeed. Love it. Might stick the DVD on tonight and get pissed. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Stadt said:

and not just the eleven.  For me it was always a twelve/thirteen. When Shinji had worn himself out chasing everything after an hour Ulloa stepped in and held the ball up, not to mention weighing in with a few precious Goals.  King also did his bit when called on as did many other squad members

• Like 1