Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'I'm so happy I'm on the sofa' - Leicester City title-winner Robert Huth opens up on retirement

Top man. 

In terms of time to impact his signing is the best ever, surely? And not just limited to us. 

Come in on loan with the team buried 7 adrift and keep us up. Then wins the league playing every game and scoring KEY goals away to Spurs and Man City. 

Always bring to mind the quote about Tommy Smith from Shankly(?).. “he wasn’t born, he was quarried”

Granite.

11 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I was just thinking of that tweet he put up after playing Arsenal I think, a picture of a small cut on his finger and saying “play on”. Genuine, genuine legend. 

Even better was that it was just after Sanchez had posted a picture of a split lip from Fuchs throwing the ball at him :)

• Like 1

Watched him turn up in the least flash players car. German engineering and obviously expensive but subtly reliable and efficient.

Absolutely made our defense, not only played his role but lead and improved those around him. Intelligent, methodical experienced player.

Proof a bit of experience mixed with youth if well managed helps

• 5 months later...

'I hated it at the end' - Former Leicester City star opens up on retirement
Premier League title winner hung up his boots at City

Robert Huth insists he does not miss football nearly seven months after he announced his retirement.

The defender, who won the 2015-16 Premier League title with Leicester City , was released by the club last summer and decided to hang up his boots in January amid speculation he was to join Midlands rivals Derby County.

Huth joined City in February 2015, helping the club to retain their top flight status before embarking on that memorable journey to a maiden title a season later.

He made 93 appearances in all competitions for City, but went without an appearance in his final season at the King Power Stadium because of injury.

Now the 33-year-old has addressed his retirement and has revealed he doesn't miss the game at all.

"Absolutely not," he told LeicestershireLive.

"I get asked all the time about whether I miss football, and I just don’t. I hated it at the end, I really resented it.

"Being told what to do, when and what time. Since I’ve quit, I feel happier. I love not having to do anything, and physically not being in my best shape. Maybe in a year I’ll miss it, but not now."

Robert Huth was speaking to Paddy Power for the new Pitch Invader magazine, which is available in their stores on Monday.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-hated-end-former-leicester-3171363

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What a man. 

When he joined us we were bottom of the League and virtually sunk without trace.He turned it round for us and within a year we were Premier League champions. Name me another man in the history of football who has had that kind of impact.Harry Maguire isn't fit to lace his boots. Keep practising your Cruyff turns Robert!

• Like 1

Just want to use another valuable post to thank the man who not only was responsible for keeping us in the Prem but as responsible as Kanté or Vardy for winning us the title.

Robert Huth a true legend and probably still better than Harry Maguire. :P

20 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Absolutely love the fella. 

I would say my favourite ever defender, he was such a dirty b*stard but so clever with it! 

No way would we have won the league without him

Not a chance in hell. Without him we would have been scrapping in the championship in 15/16 with Vardy and Mahrez having been picked up by other premier league teams and Kante would have still been at Caen.