Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Home Pre Match Thread

25 minutes ago, Guest said:

Assuming Chilwell's still unavailable, same starting XI with Iheanacho in for Ghezzal. He's looked OK when coming on in that position in the last two games and I can't bear another round of Gray and Ghezzal's "who can be less effective" competition. Sounds harsh but I don't want to see Simpson or Okazaki starting for us ever again, they're finished.

How do I vote for you to be our next manager??

• Haha 1

I don't expect to see much changed as there's been so little time for prep for this match. Assuming Chilwell is still out, I would go:

Kasper

Ric Evans Maguire Fuchs

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Gray Vardy Barnes

Brighton are still going to play the same way as they were if we still had Puel. Gray for Ghezzal will be only change I reckon, question is whether the players will suddenly show more quality. And no doubt we'll get a bit of luck that we've not had for a while in front of goal. 

The main difference will be the positive atmosphere in the ground and that hopefully will give the players confidence to perform. Rather than the nervousness we've had for a long time. 

We score the first goal, we win. 

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ward 

Soyuncu Evans Maguire 

Ricardo          Ndidi        Chilwell 

Hamza/Mads  Tielemans    

Barnes 

Vardy 

The formation we should have been playing all season! No chance 

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Brighton are still going to play the same way as they were if we still had Puel. Gray for Ghezzal will be only change I reckon, question is whether the players will suddenly show more quality. And no doubt we'll get a bit of luck that we've not had for a while in front of goal. 

The main difference will be the positive atmosphere in the ground and that hopefully will give the players confidence to perform. Rather than the nervousness we've had for a long time. 

We score the first goal, we win. 

Surely playing the same team, in the same shape, using the same tactics will yield the same results? Isn't the point of sacking Puel that things are changed up a bit, otherwise, why sack him?

Yes the atmosphere should certainly improve and maybe that can push. We just need to come out firing first 20 and blow Brighton away, otherwise, I fear more of the same as previous home games.

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ward 

Soyuncu Evans Maguire 

Ricardo          Ndidi        Chilwell 

Hamza/Mads  Tielemans    

Barnes 

Vardy 

I was just typing my preferred formation and noticed the post above mine. This is exactly what I was typing (bar considering Hamza and putting Fuchs in for Chilwell if he is still injured).

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Surely playing the same team, in the same shape, using the same tactics will yield the same results? Isn't the point of sacking Puel that things are changed up a bit, otherwise, why sack him?

Yes the atmosphere should certainly improve and maybe that can push. We just need to come out firing first 20 and blow Brighton away, otherwise, I fear more of the same as previous home games.

What else could we do? In my opinion, with the exception of Chilwell and Albrighton, the side picked at the weekend is probably our best 11, and I don't think formation has been the biggest problem. It has the been execution and the intensity in which we have played at which needs changing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I reckon he might take Barnes out of the spotlight for a game, feels like there's a lot of pressure on him at the minute as the only player we have who has tried to make things happen since returning.

As has been suggested a couple of times, wouldn't be surprised to see Simpson at right back and Ricardo right wing... especially if we revert to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1... 

Just now, justfoxes said:

Can see us beat Brighton Tomorrow night with a decent performance will be a post Puel factor sure Stouwel and Sadler will play to Vardy’s strengths , really hope we will do trouble is im on nights so I’ll have find a nice quiet place to cheer the lads on !:scarf:

What do you think they'll do to play to Vardy's strengths? Quite interested to hear other people's thoughts on how to do this, as I can't work out how you play through balls consistently against a defence that's camped deep against us.

• Like 1

If we see the same issues with getting caught on the break and finishing, it will convince me that the fault was in ourselves and not our stars.

If we're playing roughly the same but now we're finishing and the opposition isn't scoring magnificent goals against us (there have been some real corkers, let's be honest) - then some of the fault really was in our stars.

And before someone confuses it, I'm referring to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

Edited by UPinCarolina

Been following Stowell's press conference with interest. This answer stuck out to me. 

Will tomorrow's team talk be any different?

“It will because we are different people.

“Claude can be loud, at times, when he is angry. I’m not a ranter and raver beforehand, it’s more about information - these are clever players.

“You feed them information, it’s long past ranting and raving.

“I’m more about shouting at the fourth official and that gets me in bother.”

Good to hear that Ben is fit. I still rate Fuchs in the odd match, but would have been concerned about how well he would have coped with two matches in quick succession.