Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Home Pre Match Thread

9 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Ward

Rickers Evans Maguire Chilwell

Gray Ndidi Tielemans Barnes

Nacho Vardo 

Dunno but let us win

I agree with this.

I think this is one of the most rational options now.

And If Claude goes, I would see this team being selected by the "team management", other than Schmeichel coming back in. 

However, the good is, we stand a better chance of points, the bad is, we reset 2 years.

This system, we revert back to counter-attacking football, we play the balls over to Vardy and stand a better chance of winning.

I'd question if Ricardo and Chilwell are defensively strong enough to stay back and soak up the C-A style, perhaps Simpson and Fuchs would be better suited, again a set back.

Is Gray quality enough to play as the Winger/Creative outlet? Is this Barnes best position?

There's a huge question mark over Nacho, but we do know this is how her prefers to work and, obviously Vardy as well. 

As much as this team and system makes sense, it just depresses me in terms of how far as I see it taking us back.

Either Puel suddenly clicks it, or a new bright manager with a better plan comes in to save Leicester from abandoning the young and promising style that genuinely exists. 

My thinking is Puel should go out all guns blazing, Donald Trump style kamikaze. 

Ward

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Mendy Tielemans Choudhury

Maddison Gray Barnes

I just tried to work out the bench, tough, but bring on the U23's. 

It would never work. 

Who cares, we will loose.

People will bang on about what Puel is trying to create.

Meanwhile we find our selves in a relegation battle.

Yawn.

9 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

D-Day for Claude. No question.

Win or bust. Nothing else will do. Although a win will only prolong his stay of execution. I would not be surprised if the club are already looking at other managerial options after today.

I think if the Club are not looking at other options now, that would be negligent on the part of those running the Club.  This is now serious.   This run of results, plus the cup car crash would do for most managers.

Schmeichel

soyuncu

evans

maguire

ricardo

ndidi

tielemans

maddison

chilwell/barnes

vardy

iheanacho

Subs: ward, Morgan, fuchs, mendy, gray, ghezzal/Barnes (if chilwell fit) Okazaki 

vardy cant play up top on his own, wingers have no end product. He’d may as well give 3-5-2 a bash as nothing else is working 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Both teams have 1 point from their last 5. Something has to give. 

No, it hasn't. It could be a draw. What am I saying? We won't be getting any more points at home with this useless cvnt in charge. Yes, something has to give. Us. We will be bending over yet again. Of course.

0-2 Brighton. One goal in first 15 mins. One around 60 min.

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

No, it hasn't. It could be a draw. What am I saying? We won't be getting any more points at home with this useless cvnt in charge. Yes, something has to give. Us. We will be bending over yet again. Of course.

0-2 Brighton. One goal in first 15 mins. One around 60 min.

Well then it'll be 2 points in 5 lol

Chris Hughton, just like Roy, knows how to set a team up, well drilled. No way we win with the same crap attacking play plus leaving ourselves hideously exposed. Only way we stand a chance of getting anything is if Puel goes today/tomorrow. That obviously leaves someone else no time at all but will probably give everyone a lift if nothing else. 

Really don't know what our chances are but personally think we need to have as much experiance on the pitch as we can muster. Defensively we were poor down the right side yesterday where Ricardo was often caught out of position. In the second half Ndidi was basically exposed and isolated defensively in front of the back four as we lost our shape and composure.

We lack energy and for that, despite going against what I said about experience, I would start Hamza. He at least shows some drive as well as being able to tackle.

We're badly missing Albrighton who at least works his socks off and gives the defensive cover that Gray failed badly to apply yesterday.

Maddison looks shattered and needs a rest but we have no one else, Tielemans looked a spent force when he came off and there must be questions over whether he can play a second game so soon after yesterday. Same could be said for Fuchs who must have little match fitness and was, I thought, struggling towards the end to keep up with the match pace.

Up front the options are frighteningly inadequate. Surely Vardy has to start and if we are going to utilise Ihenacho then he has to play as a second striker and not as a right winger.

We need a win badly. But we are losing the knack of winning and I question whether we have the players who have enough experiance and nous required at these sort of times to win ugly or indeed have a manager who can get them to play. It is ok packing your team with exciting young players when you are winning but when your are constantly losing then you need some old timers who have experiance.