Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Home Pre Match Thread

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I didn't suggest it before you go biting my head off. I just asked if it was a possibility.

I'd rather we stuck to the young guns, but if this is picking a team for a reaction, it could be 442.

And I said ‘if’ this were to happen Stowell and Adam whatshisface should be binned off.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

As it stands, they likely will be. Rodgers seems to be bringing his whole team.

Great. We really do need a completely new regime to break up the cliques and start our new era.

• Like 2

Those of you advocating for a radical change in players/formation do realise its only been 3 days since the last match, right?

We'll have had - at most - 2 training sessions with at least one of those a recovery session, so we won't have had time to drill any major tactical changes. It's not like when Shakey took over and he could revert to the title-winning form - he still had all the same players and itd only been 8 months since the win. In this case the entire squad has been rebuilt and its >18months since we last played a succesful style, so anything new needs training time to implement.

Changes will be limited so I'd imagine we'll push Ricardo up, Simpson behind and go with something along the lines of:

Schmeichel

Simpson Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Tielemans

Ricardo Maddison Barnes

Vardy

If we're feeling a little more 'exotic' perhaps the same lineup but:

Schmeichel

Simpson Evans Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

Similar setup and not much different tactically other than Barnes alongside Vardy rather than out wide.

Morgan could easily make his way into the squad though, which imo would not be the right choice.

Edited by Xen

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great. We really do need a completely new regime to break up the cliques and start our new era.

I don't disagree. It's become increasingly clear over the past year that we need new decor on the training ground.

Hopefully the off-pitch support staff all stick around, and I'd imagine they will. I'd like to see a sports psychologist brought back, etc.

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Those of you advocating for a radical change in players/formation do realise its only been 3 days since the last match, right?

We'll have had - at most - 2 training sessions with at least one of those a recovery session, so we won't have had time to drill any major tactical changes. It's not like when Shakey took over and he could revert to the title-winning form - he still had all the same players and itd only been 8 months since the win. In this case the entire squad has been rebuilt and its >18months since we last played a succesful style, so anything new needs training time to implement.

Changes will be limited so I'd imagine we'll push Ricardo up, Simpson behind and go with something along the lines of:

Schmeichel

Simpson Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Tielemans

Ricardo Maddison Barnes

Vardy

If we're feeling a little more 'exotic' perhaps the same lineup but:

Schmeichel

Simpson Evans Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

Similar setup and not much different tactically other than Barnes alongside Vardy rather than out wide.

Morgan could easily make his way into the squad though, which imo would not be the right choice.

Don't see Simpson playing think the only change will be grey in for gezzel

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I don't disagree. It's become increasingly clear over the past year that we need new decor on the training ground.

Hopefully the off-pitch support staff all stick around, and I'd imagine they will. I'd like to see a sports psychologist brought back, etc.

Agree. Hopefully Filbert is retained.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I didn’t realise how little I looked forward to going to games under Puel. I’m excited tonight and I’ve forgot what it feels like 

I really hope everyone there is now released from the "shackles" of Puel and brings back the good atmosphere. And not just the first 10-15 minutes.

Obviously would be perfect if we go 2-0 inside the opening 20 minutes. Either way, get the support back up to scratch.

50 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I didn’t realise how little I looked forward to going to games under Puel. I’m excited tonight and I’ve forgot what it feels like 

have to admit its the first game in a while that im actually looking forward too, always had the element of not knowing what to expect with Puel

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

Are you that much ITK?

I was only joking mate.

My direct source Barry the Squirrel at Belvoir Drive called me up and told me Claude had Eurostar'd back on Sunday morning to check on his Brie & Wine business - Plonk al Puel & la crèmearie le Pew.