Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

44 minutes ago, brucey said:

Rob Tanner has also repeatedly said that the offer we have made comprises of cash + Silva to a value of £40m, not 40m upfront cash, so I’d be wary of reports that mention straight cash. (Tanner is ITK when he states things with that degree of confidence, as he has done when breaking the JJ news a day before Percy)

I’d be careful with that one. Percy’s story came out after 10pm. Which is when most sports journos are allowed to tweet their articles which are going in the next days papers.

Tanner said it a few hours earlier and had pretty much zero track record for years. The skeptic in me thought he got wind of Percy’s article and decided to run with it early.

Trust no one!

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If it is mostly accurate, it will be confirmed by the usual Belgian journalist who I can't remember his name. Likewise Percy.

RUFF RUFF RUFF Can you remember now?

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well that was an exciting *checks* hour and a half. 

I swear everyone goes a tiny bit mental every summer. 

Sanity is highly overrated. Delusional is a prerequisite for being part of a football forum:) Till next time........

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaha £200m. Our yearly revenue before any overheads and costs is only about £150m. How do fans believe shit like this?

He’s misquoted a story.

When BR arrived it was in the news that he would be given £200m over the course of the next 3 years (not just this summer), and that figure will most likely include signing on fees, agents fees, and wages aswell.

The £200m quoted may well be fairly accurate, but what it’ll actually equate to is more like £40m each summer and £15m each winter for the next 3 years.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, now should we run in to financial trouble and can't pay for the training ground and stadium expansion out of the revenue the club makes then they'd be able to step in if needs be but if this were to happen it would likely mean we've little available money for transfers anyway.

I think there is probably room for taking a few chances this summer and kicking the debt of the transfers down the road for a year in the hope we achieve European football, but if it were significant we'd need CL football as opposed to Europa League and even after winning the league and tasting recent success in it we can't seriously think that's achievable next season for a business perspective.

There is definitely room to spend more in terms of FFP.  Its hard to find info on the EPL thats up to date but a 3 year old article from the bbc states 105million losses permitted over 3 seasons, here is quote from EPL handbook.  This is from 2019 book so seems bbc is still up to date.

"E.59. If the aggregation of a Club’s Adjusted Earnings Before Tax for T, T-1 and T-2 results
in losses of in excess of £105m:
E.59.1. the Board may exercise its powers set out in Rule E.15; and
E.59.2. the Club shall be treated as being in breach of these Rules and accordingly
the Board shall refer the breach to a Commission constituted pursuant to
Section W of these Rules."

So we could lose an average of 35 mill per season (vs our 1 mill profit), or lose 105 mill in one season and then somehow even it out for the other 2 seasons probably by player sales or CL qualification.  So basically going for broke over one summer.  To the tune of about 100 million, then selling players if it doesnt work out.

However I dont think king power are about to do this.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2019 at 08:44, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well given that the past few seasons spending has been funding by the departures of Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez....I'd say Sylo's foundation for his opinion is sound. 

I wouldn't say anyone's financial opinion of the club is sound. Only the club know that, anything else is just conjecture.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Exactly this. 

The KP money is entirely different to the football clubs money. It's nice to know they are minted and unlikely to walk away anytime soon.

And they are investing were they can, the training ground, the planned expansion to help us at least compete.

But unless they want a knock on the door from the FA or UEFA sometime soon they can't get additional funds into the club coffers. They can't all of a sudden pay 17x the market value for our kit deal and ground naming rights.

If anything we should be glad they converted that debt into shares before we got promoted. I still think the football league would love to have got us on FFP but realised they had missed a loop hole we exploited and our owners could afford better lawyers lol

We like most clubs are having to be or trying to be self sufficient which is a good thing our model will have to include trying to get things right in terms of recruitment. Buying Harry and selling him for 5x more is going to happen on a regular basis unless we can offer CL football year on year.

Right now we have all the big clubs looking at what about half our squad. We could make 350 million if you believed all the rumours. That's not bad going for a club our size. Shows we are getting things right. It's not ideal but it's how football works.

As someone else said no one grew up wanting to play for man city but now they have money and PEP, he goes man city doesn't become quite the attraction it is now.

All clubs and that includes Liverpool and United sell when Barca and Real come calling. It's the football pecking order.

I’d take slight issue with the claim that KP are “investing” in the training ground. 

Happy to be corrected but I believe KP are underwriting the loan to pay for the ground, but it’s the club itself that will be paying it back. 

(Apologies in advance if I’ve misunderstood what you meant though). 

Other than that, I entirely agree. 

• Like 1